Ibrox Pitch progress?

I know it was said that the Auchenhowie pitches (or at least one of them anyway) were also getting work done. Are those also going to be SISgrass? I'm not sure we had the same problems there as we did at Ibrox, but maybe for consistency? Just wondering.

What is the plan for the future when this has been laid?Will it need to be renewed every season still?Im curious what the future renovation of the pitch will be every season.

@HumZ, thank you for all the expert updates and briefs. I’m sure many on here find this fascinating and would literally enjoy sitting at Ibrox to watch the grass grow.

from that brief on St George’s, it will be interesting to measure if the HT divot replacement work by the ground staff is much reduced with this system.

The pitch is nearly at the end. The stitching is getting closer and we will have 5 weeks before the Arsenal game to get things established. Not ideal but we will see how it goes!

The camber will not be as severe as before, The end project ended up being everything that was required right back to the original base from 20 years ago. Estimated to about 2.2 ft removed.

It will help us going forward especially drainage wise. Lot's of things still to be implemented which will help massively and looking forward to seeing it all come together.

Pretty much on schedule :)
Re: The camber. I've never thought of that before at Ibrox. I recall standing pitch side at Manchester City's ground and the camber was pretty noticeable.
I remember the tour guide saying it was conducive to good football.

So what's the story at Ibrox? We already have a significant camber but will reduce it?
What's the thoughts / need for that in regards to this new surface?

The artificial only actually accounts for about 8% of the coverage, it jusst looks more from the distance. the seed will grow around it and it all interconnects. the artificial gives stability to the playing surface. it's not for aesthetic reasons but to help the pitch not cut up as easily.
Is this the same type of hybrid system City have in place?

We already have a Hybrid at the training ground, it was installed 2 years ago and it's the main pitch the players use. The goalkeeper area is also hybrid.

Pro Pitch 1 as it's called is maintained to the same standard as Ibrox to ensure the best possible match.

Every pitch at the training ground is reseeded every year (common practice).

When you say same standard I presume you mean same dimensions, camber, length of grass and firmness?

If so, how hard is it to replicate given they train on it every day

Thanks for the details and images.

Great to see our five star elite stadium getting the loving treatment it so deserves.

Love the slopes of Ibrox.

Similiar Idea but city have went for the full package including the Sub Air system. I don't believe SIS are doing cities sso will be slightly different
Thanks done the tour at City and they were telling us about the hybrid pitch they had and how it works, was interesting

R
That’s at the chamber of secrets
Really? I’d never have guessed that mate.;):)

The photo was posted in response to someone questioning the use of hybrid pitches and asking ‘what’s wrong with playing on grass like we used to’. The problem in those days was that grass didn’t stay grass for very long.:))

I think that it's already been said that it isn't cost effective.
For me it’s a missed opportunity. I can’t buy that they wouldn’t get their money back and then some. Would like to see how that stacked up.

Would have been a nice thanks for season ticket holders for last year as an option

Just looked at the original and it looks like it’s still sand at the moment too maybe @HumpZ could confirm, is the new pitch going all the way to the track?
Is the blue perimeter at the Main Stand side not just covered by sand adjacent to both penalty areas and by a white tarpaulin around the tunnel area? That’s what it looks like to me.

The pitch is nearly at the end. The stitching is getting closer and we will have 5 weeks before the Arsenal game to get things established. Not ideal but we will see how it goes!

The camber will not be as severe as before, The end project ended up being everything that was required right back to the original base from 20 years ago. Estimated to about 2.2 ft removed.

It will help us going forward especially drainage wise. Lot's of things still to be implemented which will help massively and looking forward to seeing it all come together.

Pretty much on schedule :)
I remember the mention of adding more seats if they could lower pitch but surely not

I remember the mention of adding more seats if they could lower pitch but surely not
I was wondering this myself. It was definitely one of the short term options along with the Jardine extra rows and partial corner infill. I doubt there's any chance of that happening now though.

I was wondering this myself. It was definitely one of the short term options along with the Jardine extra rows and partial corner infill. I doubt there's any chance of that happening now though.
It def was suggested but then I think it fell below the water level. I think after Edmiston is open they will look at increasing capacity. I still wana know what's happening with the Football park across from Main Stand since now GCC & Glasgow Life can't afford to run it

Back