The BBC’s Narrative Remains Anti-Rangers

jimcornette

Reading through an article on the BBC about the changes in Scotland since 1998. It was the usual stuff with an anti-men slant and then I came across this beauty...

“In some quarters the shameful shadow of violence and sectarianism remains, as demonstrated by last month's violent, anti-Irish, anti-Catholic disorder by a minority of Rangers fans celebrating their team's league title in Glasgow's George Square.”

I suppose we should be thankful that they said minority!

Reading through an article on the BBC about the changes in Scotland since 1998. It was the usual stuff with an anti-men slant and then I came across this beauty...

“In some quarters the shameful shadow of violence and sectarianism remains, as demonstrated by last month's violent, anti-Irish, anti-Catholic disorder by a minority of Rangers fans celebrating their team's league title in Glasgow's George Square.”

I suppose we should be thankful that they said minority!

GB News

Anti brains I’d say.Watch the tartan fannies today make a cu*t of themselves (like every other game they attend) and it’s put down to banter and good fun.They are a disgrace.

I was in town on a stag do (otherwise i would have avoided it like the plague) when england played at hampden in 2017.

In the pub the pissed up wankers were belting out "if ye hate the fu.cking english clap yer hands"...with english fans in the pub.

Thats different. Just a bit of banter and nat no?

I was in town on a stag do (otherwise i would have avoided it like the plague) when england played at hampden in 2017.

In the pub the pissed up wankers were belting out "if ye hate the fu.cking english clap yer hands"...with english fans in the pub.

Been said on here a few times now it was the wrong flag that was flying.Their hatred of everything English and British ensures we will never be treated fairly.

In what way was the disorder anti-Irish?

Were we burning Irish tricolours?
Were we hanging effigies of Michael Martin?
What songs were we singing that specifically referenced opposition to the southern half of the island?

This is something the Nats and their media lackeys are actively trying to promote conveniently ignoring the fact that a considerable percentage of our own support identify as Irish.

I’d say that someone connected with the club should call it out, but I won’t hold my breath.

Make a complaint. There's no justification for that anti irish racism comment given that no evidence has been provided. Just be prepared to go through the whole escalation process.

This is how propaganda works. An official line is given out and taken up by the media and reported as fact. It's not true and eventually it may be rescinded by the media in some way. However if they do that it will be much less high profile than the original story. Typically the original story will be the front pages, there may be an apology later on page 5, a couple of lines. So the original, untrue, story has set the narrative and everyone believes it happened. It doesn't matter if it's later disproved, it's already done the damage it was designed to.

I was out and about yesterday.

Anti English shouts, songs and chants were clearly heard no matter where I went in Glasgow.

Saw two young black ladies be subjected to a kilt wearing pervert lifting his skirt to them and chase them briefly before doing a piss much to the amusement of his mates.

Heard the old homophobic Jimmy Hill song with the "he's deed thank fxxk" add on.

All I assume are examples of the cheeky but good natured "tartan army" banter.

In some quarters the shameful shadow of violence and sectarianism remains, as demonstrated by last month's violent, anti-Irish, anti-Catholic disorder by a minority of Rangers fans celebrating their team's league title in Glasgow's George Square.

That's disgraceful bias from a supposedly neutral source. It parrots the terminology used by Dornan and his Republican friends.

The 'anti-Irish' phrase in particular is concerning not only because it is a lie but also because it implicitly undermines all those in Northern Ireland who support Rangers.

Are they not Irish?

It is noticeable that Dornan's inane comments insinuated that non-Catholics cannot be sufficiently 'Irish' to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. To be Irish, presumably, means you must be a Catholic.

What songs were we singing that specifically referenced opposition to the southern half of the island?

This is something the Nats and their media lackeys are actively trying to promote conveniently ignoring the fact that a considerable percentage of our own support identify as Irish.

I’d say that someone connectd with the club should call it out, but I won’t hold my breath.
I don't want anyone at Rangers wasting their time with this pish.

We need a separate organised body to speak on behalf of our community and highlight the violence, abuse, lies and discrimination that we are subjected to.

Until then we will continue down this increasingly darkening road.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting to see any concrete evidence of ANY anti Catholic or anti Irish songs or shouting.
I've watched countless videos online and no media has shown any incriminating evidence of any anti anything, I wasn't at George sq ,but a few of my close freinds were , they said it was 99% mostly Rangers songs being sung with the odd verse of the Billy Boys.
Yeah they were a lot of litter left, but that's normal for a large gathering where drink is being consumed.

In some quarters the shameful shadow of violence and sectarianism remains, as demonstrated by last month's violent, anti-Irish, anti-Catholic disorder by a minority of Rangers fans celebrating their team's league title in Glasgow's George Square.

That's disgraceful bias from a supposedly neutral source. It parrots the terminology used by Dornan and his Republican friends.

The 'anti-Irish' phrase in particular is concerning not only because it is a lie but also because it implicitly undermines all those in Northern Ireland who support Rangers.

Are they not Irish?

It is noticeable that Dornan's inane comments insinuated that non-Catholics cannot be sufficiently 'Irish' to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. To be Irish, presumably, means you must be a Catholic.
St Patrick was not a Catholic.

There was one video of a blonde girl singing about 'tather be a p*kki than a tim'.

That's probably the one video, that did the rounds on twitter, that has allowed them to wrongly label 20 000 people.

That is the only video I’ve seen. Taken with a guy who has actually been banned by the club.

Do they actually think that just being a Rangers fan makes someone anti-Irish or anti-catholic?

Idiots.

No, they think all Rangers fans are pro-British and pro-Union, and they hate that.

So they have to make up lies about us.

(as an aside, the fact that they think all Rangers fans think the same way displays the real bigotry, prejudice and intolerance that exists within the BBC)

It’s what Dornan thinks St. Patrick’s Day represents that’s the issue.

And he is not being challenged on it.

There is a weak response regarding his comments on Lothian Buses but he and his band of hate filled nationalists have set the narrative and it is now taken as gospel.

This lying bigot should be public enemy number one as far as our community is concerned.

He is part of a co-ordinated effort to paint us as villains in his fantasy version of an anti catholic/irish Scotland and is completely unnecessarily fanning the flames of sectarianism.

Last edited:
So does the anti Catholic and anti Irish abuse come as 1 hand in hand.
Or was it some people people being anti Irish and some being anti Catholic?

I don't want anyone at Rangers wasting their time with this pish.

We need a separate organised body to speak on behalf of our community and highlight the violence, abuse, lies and discrimination that we are subjected to.

Until then we will continue down this increasingly darkening road.
That’s more or less what I meant when I said ‘connected with’, but the real objective is to have people fighting our corner in the media, yet when that is so dominated by and enthralled to the will of the SNP it probably does need the clout of the club to weigh in our behalf.

Our support is the biggest in the country. That’s an awful lot of voters. If the club were to see the power they have in terms of potentially swaying that block of the electorate maybe then the SNP and their lackeys would start to play fairer.

I see within the article Cosgrove is pushing the Civic Nationalist lie, that Nationalism in Scotland is a nice, friendly all-inclusive form of Nationalism.

Aye, right.

I’d say that someone connected with the club should call it out, but I won’t hold my breath.

The club ignore the hate directed at our fans.

I avoid the BBC like the plague. Sky has gone the same way. Just propaganda left and right.

I avoid almost all media these days. Ignorance is bliss.

I avoid the BBC like the plague. Sky has gone the same way. Just propaganda left and right.

I avoid almost all media these days. Ignorance is bliss.

Same for me

Got GB News on to see how they handle news in this country. I hope they can give the public better service and fair and balanced reporting

BBC STV and Sky News outlets are not worth watching.

That’s more or less what I meant when I said ‘connected with’, but the real objective is to have people fighting our corner in the media, yet when that is so dominated by and enthralled to the will of the SNP it probably does need the clout of the club to weigh in our behalf.

Our support is the biggest in the country. That’s an awful lot of voters. If the club were to see the power they have in terms of potentially swaying that block of the electorate maybe then the SNP and their lackeys would start to play fairer.

I understand what you are saying mate.

Personally I don't want Rangers FC being side tracked from football issues and getting involved in this pish - this is the wet dream of bigots to be setting a narrative of anti catholic/Irish behaviour in Scotland and have Rangers FC issuing statements on the issue. You could practically hear Useless and Dornan tugging themselves when spouting their lies about the celebrations.

We need an independent body looking at this and fighting our corner and being prepared to do what the Call It Out crackpots are doing and put themselves in front of cameras and on radio shows and have their views in opinion columns in newspapers. The papers will print it if it is newsworthy - it is then a matter of being strong enough to back up your comments and continually provide evidence of the issues facing us.

We need someone in Holyrood standing up and putting the likes of Dornan on the spot and highlighting his lies and bigotry.

I don't think anyone at pacific quay emerald has ever read a history book because if they had they would have a completely different attitude to the holy roman empire which was responsible for numerous attrocities and injustices. Also, disagreeing with a philosophy does not make you sectarian or a bigot or racist.

Back