Fixtures Announced Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s about the old firm not every game but you knew that or didn’t read all the comments
Not really sure what your comment means.

My understanding is your not fussed whether you get to the old firm game or not. Am I missing something?

:rolleyes:I’m not fussed if I miss it because it’s closer to start of season.
I’m inclined to agree that the earlier it is the better because they will still be flailing around trying to find players and a system that works. In terms of permitted attendance, I have a suspicion that we are more likely to get higher numbers in around late August/early September than we would in late October, for example. I can see restrictions easing in July/August before panic sets in again as we get to Autumn and Winter and the inevitable fourth/fifth/sixth wave of Covid.

I’m inclined to agree that the earlier it is the better because they will still be flailing around trying to find players and a system that works. In terms of permitted attendance, I have a suspicion that we are more likely to get higher numbers in around late August/early September than we would in late October, for example. I can see restrictions easing in July/August before panic sets in again as we get to Autumn and Winter and the inevitable fourth/fifth/sixth wave of Covid.
Aye that’s it, it’s not that I’m wanting to miss the games but I’ve been to so many old firms I don’t mind sitting out one or two if we get them early and the win

I’m not fussed if I miss it because it’s closer to start of season.
For me I'd like to have the best chance of going however slim that is there will probably be a better chance later on. We could play them early and folk think it's great to get them when they're not ready and it could be that week we go down with a swath of players missing with covid.

Probably have to agree to disagree on it. End of the day there's not much we can do to influence it.

For me I'd like to have the best chance of going however slim that is there will probably be a better chance later on. We could play them early and folk think it's great to get them when they're not ready and it could be that week we go down with a swath of players missing with covid.

Probably have to agree to disagree on it. End of the day there's not much we can do to influence it.
Mate there’s no wrong opinion here

Ps if it comes to ballot and I miss I’ll be fucking raging haha

You got a time machine? :confused:
As things stand now it would be benefit us more than them by playing it earlier.

Anything can happen between the fixtures being released and the game happening but surely no one can deny that the above is true.

Sooner we play separate entity fc the better. Get them before they get any momentum, hopefully new players not bedded in and still trying to work out new tactics and fatboy's "philosophy". Immediate meltdown and to the car park en masse.

My predictions

Rangers & Hearts a home fixture
Celtic & Hibs an away fixture

There will also issues of certain fixtures and where they are placed in the fixture calendar

Chances of our first game being a home Saturday game with an early kick off?
Yes home game as Champions and Saturday - very good chance as we might be playing on the following Tuesday in our CL qualifier

Kick-off time depends we might find out tomorrow if Sky Sports have already selected Round 1 games

Last edited:
Yes home game as Champions and Saturday - very good chance as we might be playing on the following Tuesday in our CL qualifier

Kick-off time depends we might find out tomorrow if Sky Sports have already selected Round 1 games
Don’t think we could rule out a Friday night given the midweek match and the chance to spread our start out. Its monster matches every little bit will help us. Likely no fans either the way its going anyway.

Brother getting married on 12th September, I am going to boot his arse if that transpires to be the first OF game date.

From my post earlier in the thread

Opening game mostly likely either Livingston or Motherwell at home on 31st July

Could play Celtic but unlikely
Hearts have a home game as Championship Champions
Aberdeen and Hibs play on the Thursday before and need to be the Sunday where we could playing on Tuesday 3rd August in our 1st CL qualifier so the fixture is 'blocked'

Dundee take 11th place fixture schedule - Kilmarnock
Hearts take 12th place fixture schedule - Hamilton

Their opening game most likely Hearts, Livingston or Motherwell away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back