Clive Tyldsley and Ally McCoist

By far the best pairing for commentary at the euros, ally really has a nack for it, he is just a really likeable bloke. Hopefully the commentary team for Friday not sure which channel it's on.
It’s on ITV but It won’t be Tyldesley as he’s been replaced by Sam Matterface as the lead ITV commentator so he’ll do the England games.

Sure I heard Ally saying he is doing the Poland game tonight aswell.

Are they actually at the games because I’m sure Ally was in the studio at Talksport this morning?

It’s on ITV but It won’t be Tyldesley as he’s been replaced by Sam Matterface as the lead ITV commentator so he’ll do the England games.
So we will get the shite STV coverage with Raman & co, or will it be the professional ITV coverage?

Clive & Ally

France v Germany 15th June
Denmark v Belgium 17th June
North Macedonia v Netherlands 21st June
Slovakia v Spain 23rd June

Joe Speight & Ally McCoist. for Croatia v Scotland for ITV 22nd June

Really enjoy Coisty on co-comms when it's not one of our games. He's a good blend of not taking himself too seriously while taking his job seriously.

Tries far too hard to appear neutral in our games

Not enough attention is given to finding combos that work between a main and colour commentator. Clive and Ally certainly do well and it adds the sort of value commentary is supposed to but rarely does in modern games.

Ally seems very relaxed and just enjoys talking about what hes watching which is a big help. No attempt to put the spotlight on him, just lets the game breath and chips in with a bit of banter and reaction when needed.

I don't like Tyldsley commentary, never did (regardless of his connection to us).

Jon Champion and Mccoist is a far, far better combination.

Given the brilliant feedback they got in Russia i am at a loss as to why ITV would throw that away and put in Clive, who they only let go as their lead commentator a year ago.

TV networks seem to think well informed, intelligent commentary is 'niche' and that the majority of fans are idiots who just want to hear 90 minutes of meaningless platitudes. Presumably also why James Richardson has never been a mainstay of football TV in the UK.

During the Macedonia game Hartson seemed to have been talking about golf for about 5 minutes.

It was just a stupid noise.

There is a significant gulf in quality between Tyldesley and Matterface.
Sometimes when out and about in the car I listen to Talksport coms of EPL games. If it’s Matterface he can talk for minutes at a time about anything other than the game.

I don’t give a flying one about your heated blanket mate I’ve got a coupon on and would like to know what’s happening in the game you can see and I can’t.

I don't like Tyldsley commentary, never did (regardless of his connection to us).

Jon Champion and Mccoist is a far, far better combination.

Given the brilliant feedback they got in Russia i am at a loss as to why ITV would throw that away and put in Clive, who they only let go as their lead commentator a year ago.

TV networks seem to think well informed, intelligent commentary is 'niche' and that the majority of fans are idiots who just want to hear 90 minutes of meaningless platitudes. Presumably also why James Richardson has never been a mainstay of football TV in the UK.
I think Champion is on networks in the US? possibly ESPN

Sometimes when out and about in the car I listen to Talksport coms of EPL games. If it’s Matterface he can talk for minutes at a time about anything other than the game.

I don’t give a flying one about your heated blanket mate I’ve got a coupon on and would like to know what’s happening in the game you can see and I can’t.
Yes mate exactly, but he seems to be a poster boy for a new style of commentary.

Was Tyldesley not calling Kamara, Camera again?

McCoist is definitely a breathe of fresh air when commentating. He just loves football, doesn't take himself too seriously. Is pretty fair in his commentary.

I like Micah Richards as a pundit not because of his knowledge but just due to his positivity. Its not always lets focus on the negative which in the UK we have a really big problem with. Lets focus on all the failed passes rather than the great pass or couple of passes.

Otherwise the rest are pretty shit. Keown is fucking horrendous, worst of all Keown thinks he's an intellectual. He gets muddled up, stats wrong, players wrong. He literally has no clue where he is sometimes.

Savage should just not be anywhere near commentary. His voice so monotone and boring, he exudes no personality or even knowledge of the game. I do admire what he has been doing for Grassroots in the UK, fighting its corner over the pandemic but as commentator he is gash.

I actually think the girl, whats her name on BBC is fair more knowledgeable about the game than the majority of her male counterparts at the BBC.

Back