Former player suing the club

Live Forever

Official Ticketer
the club is involved in 5 separate legal disputes, Sport Direct, Scott Steedman is suing us over disputed bonuses from his time as a consultant, Elite, a former player is suing us and we are counter-suing him, plus we are suing Charles Green over payments made to him.

Seen this info on Twitter . Apparently included in share offering document.

What’s the story here?

the club is involved in 5 separate legal disputes, Sport Direct, Scott Steedman is suing us over disputed bonuses from his time as a consultant, Elite, a former player is suing us and we are counter-suing him, plus we are suing Charles Green over payments made to him.

Seen this info on Twitter . Apparently included in share offering document.

What’s the story here?
I'd take that with a pinch of salt especially when it comes to Twitter who said it ?

Did we not get into a dispute with Neil Alexander?

Edit: that was already dealt with

The Club is awaiting the decision of the Court of Arbitration for Sport in a relation to a claim by a former player against the Club and the Club's counterclaim against the player.

With it being CAS, I would hazard a guess at either Wallace or Miller?

The Club is awaiting the decision of the Court of Arbitration for Sport in a relation to a claim by a former player against the Club and the Club's counterclaim against the player.

With it being CAS, I would hazard a guess at either Wallace or Miller?
They were still paid in full were they not

Not at all, we sacked him and he has been chasing us for his contract to be paid up ever since.
Interesting.

Greasy haired waste of space bastard. Who was doing our decision making in this field at that time? Hopefully we have water tight reasons for dismissing him but some of the clubs legal activities during that time give cause for concern.

I'm guessing Pena was on big money.

I’m sure we would have followed the correct process with Pena, did we not try and get him help initially for his alcohol problems?

Then he got caught pissing in a fountain while on loan in Mexico

Yeah, because we sacked him he says we own him the rest of his contract.

He's been to Fifa and all sorts.
Thanks mate, you’d have to think we are legally sound here. Considering his career has gone down the toilet and is likely skint, this looks like a Hail Mary.

Interesting.

Greasy haired waste of space bastard. Who was doing our decision making in this field at that time? Hopefully we have water tight reasons for dismissing him but some of the clubs legal activities during that time give cause for concern.

It was James Blair, which TBH is a bit of a worry given his track record.

Give that useless drunk Pena a lifetime supply of pomade. That should keep him content. And maybe a six pack of Kestrel.

Any idea of the size of the potential liability?
No idea, it will be however much was left on his contract but I cant remember how many years he had left and not sure what his wage was.

Edit - 15 months left when he was sacked.

Anyone able to estimate his weekly wage?

No idea, it will be however much was left on his contract but I cant remember how many years he had left and not sure what his wage was.

Edit - 15 months left when he was sacked.

Anyone able to estimate his weekly wage?
26K P/W, allegedly.

This could be quite a hit, 7 figures.

Reading the prospectus I think that's the first time I've seen the Charles Green thing. Is that a recent thing?

Scandalous how that deal was allowed to go through did the club not do any checks on Pena before we signed him ?
A gamble that certainly didn’t pay off, can only imagine the club were aware of his issues but put faith in Pedro pulling him through.

Remember Pedro knew him, and his character.

Probably the worst bit of business in my life time, if this transpires into liability.

The contract we gave Pena was madness, the length of time plus the, presumably, high wage. He had well documented problems before we signed him. Pound for pound our worst signing of all time in my opinion.

The contract we gave Pena was madness, the length of time plus the, presumably, high wage. He had well documented problems before we signed him. Pound for pound our worst signing of all time in my opinion.
The other Mexican we signed wasn't much better he was rotten and also came on a decent fee and high wages.

Herrera or something tall guy who could barely move never mind control a ball.

Interesting.

If you were to believe the shite that was appearing on here, Messi and Ronaldo were keen to get the phone number of his agent. According to some posters, we were shelling out £5m a season in wages on just Alves, Pena and Herrera.

Waster = yes. Big money = I do not imagine anywhere close to the guesswork on here.

The other Mexican we signed wasn't much better he was rotten and also came on a decent fee and high wages.

Aye, he was a big useless lump of wood. I'm so glad we have a proper manager now.

Aye.

I find it hard to dislike him though because he at least tried but just wasn’t good enough, it wasn’t his fault he was signed or given a lucrative contract.

Pena, is just a waster.

Latest posts

Back