Euro 2020 Scotland Vs Czech Republic

Quite disappointed in the line up, especially for a home game.
Hoping not to lose rather than trying to win seems to be Clarke's management style.

Patterson should have started but we knew that wasn't going to happen, going to be a tight game imo, fingers crossed we get a positive result.

Well if a positive is to be drawn then I will look forward to such tactical masterclasses from Clarke when he inevitably follows Ange as the boss of the puddle drinkers.

So much for going on the front foot.

Seeming to be loyal to the guys who got Scotland to the tournament. Loyalty is admirable, but not when there are better options available.

Time will tell if he is right but it seems defensive to me.

Can't believe Clarke has gone with Dykes and NASA Christie up front. Had a good feeling this morning, not so much after seeing that lineup.

Really annoys me that our managers in Scottish football never change their ideas . Stuck in defensive thinking, never willing to experiment with new ideas, or play youth players. Decade after decade of pathetic tactics, and the same old people with the same old ideas. I hope we win today, but I have my doubts they can, given the dinosaur management of Clarke.

It's all about loyalty according to Feltcher, ability seems to come 2nd

Even the scum fans laughing at Christie playing.

Drop O'Donnell, Dykes and Christie and that's the best we could really hope for.
I’ve no issue with Dykes as not sure Adam’s would be good as a lone striker. Otherwise yes id drop those too as out of form and not even that great when on form.

I can’t recall any Scotland team ever been picked on form or as best available so no real change. As some others have said perhaps correct subs will be made and make a difference and show they should be starting.

Gordon should’ve been playing over Marshall. Hendry is a clown, Christie’s decision making is up there with the worst I’ve seen and if you’re going with Dykes, you have to partner him with a proven goalscorer (Adams of Nisbett) to get the best out of him.

Strange line-up

Stevie ‘caution is the watchword’ Clarke strikes again. I think we’ll scramble a 2-2, but that selection reeks of cowardice. This is the must win (i.e. could win) of the 3 games - we need to go for it NOW.

He can't be putting all the eggs in the "get something against England at Wembley" basket, can he?

if he is … then he is going to be disappointed England are far and away better than Scotland - if they play to even close to 100% they will beat Scotland comfortably.

only plus from a Scotland point of view is Croatia struggle for goals so they could potentially grind out a 0-0 draw.

Back