Herrera

Feel sorry for the big lad, can’t really expect him to do much coming on last 10 mins of games that are already finished. Can’t see him forcing his way into the side anytime soon, will most likely be gone in the summer.

Big guys not suited to Scottish game but genuinely always gives 100% when called on has never let his head go down and went in huff, unlike MOH.

We haven't seen him for any long spells, usually being thrown in for 15 to 20 mins when games were won, we were desperate and the supply lines where cut off. The one-up-top system clearly is not his, as he is better with someone around him to flick passes to or clear the way for him. Essentially the Mark Hateley type of forward. Now, ask yourself how often have we played like that?

Thus, he will never really up to competitive game speed and thus will be prone to the odd error ... which will be scrutinized to death, just look at the negativity above. Anyone mentioned the clever backheel goal he scored in the League Cup game vs. Thistle, when we were blowing out of our @rses to even get to extra time? And clearing the way for the 3rd goal later on?

Here's hoping he gets onto the park against the Scum and scores a 93rd minute winner.

Nothing against Herrera. He didn't pay the fee or demand his wages. He is always professional and, to be fair, it is impossible to judge him properly due to lack of game time. Hopefully punt him in the summer.

We haven't seen him for any long spells, usually being thrown in for 15 to 20 mins when games were won, we were desperate and the supply lines where cut off. The one-up-top system clearly is not his, as he is better with someone around him to flick passes to or clear the way for him. Essentially the Mark Hateley type of forward. Now, ask yourself how often have we played like that?

Thus, he will never really up to competitive game speed and thus will be prone to the odd error ... which will be scrutinized to death, just look at the negativity above. Anyone mentioned the clever backheel goal he scored in the League Cup game vs. Thistle, when we were blowing out of our @rses to even get to extra time? And clearing the way for the 3rd goal later on?

Here's hoping he gets onto the park against the Scum and scores a 93rd minute winner.

Certainly must be the first time that Herrera & Hateley have been mentioned in the same breath.

Herrera has shown he is relatively poor in the air, yet excelling in that area is absolutely necessary for the type of forward you describe.

It’s a mystery in a country the size of Mexico and whose population play football in large numbers that he’s become an international player. He must have a good agent is all I can say

In fairness to him, at his age and with lack of experience in British football, trying to adjust to the high tempo / physical nature will take some adjustment, he should’ve moved to Europe years ago to really have had a chance.

We will sadly have to cut our losses with the guy and get rid as soon as possible

I have nothing against Herrera but if we are going two up top it has to be Morelos and Cummings.

Herrera - Played 21 - Goals 2

Cummings - Played 6 - Goals 2

Also as stated earlier Cummings hold up play and link up play has been absolutely brilliant and something we have been missing.

I have nothing against Herrera but if we are going two up top it has to be Morelos and Cummings.

Herrera - Played 21 - Goals 2

Cummings - Played 6 - Goals 2

Also as stated earlier Cummings hold up play and link up play has been absolutely brilliant and something we have been missing.

Well, stats are a bit selective. As said above, you need to take into account when and where Herrera as well as Cummings was used.

Herrera sure accumulated 21 games, but only played 572 mins, i.e. an average of 25 mins per game.

Cummings did play 23 games this season, 1,155 mins in total, with 6 goals and 1 assist. Or shall we simply discount his days at Forest? There he was a bit-part player too, much like Herrera.

Well, stats are a bit selective. As said above, you need to take into account when and where Herrera as well as Cummings was used.

Herrera sure accumulated 21 games, but only played 572 mins, i.e. an average of 25 mins per game.

Cummings did play 23 games this season, 1,155 mins in total, with 6 goals and 1 assist. Or shall we simply discount his days at Forest? There he was a bit-part player too, much like Herrera.
I was merely comparing their time at Rangers. Cummings has scored the same amount of goals as Herrera has in alot less time. No matter how you try to dress it up Cummings is a better option than Herrera.

I was merely comparing their time at Rangers. Cummings has scored the same amount of goals as Herrera has in alot less time. No matter how you try to dress it up Cummings is a better option than Herrera.

Not dressing up, but putting stats into perspective. Cummings was utilized differently at Forest than where he was playing at Hibs, hence his stats were as "rotten" as Herrera's seem to be. He was later on sparely used and was saying that when he signed too, i.e. not being match fit.

IMHO there is no real contest between Cummings and Herrera, though it would be interesting to see how both would play alongside one another in a 4-4-2 ... with a Herrera that has more than a full game and a half played all season.

How many games has Herrera started, how many has Cummings ?

Surprised he hasnt been punted .Looks like we're stuck with him till the next transfer window.
Is Dalcio in hibernation or has he left the club?

Surprised he hasnt been punted .Looks like we're stuck with him till the next transfer window.
Is Dalcio in hibernation or has he left the club?

Didn't take long for Dalcio to be brought into it, maybe he is down the gym with Michael O'Halloran in his green trainers.

Back