Ange Postecoglou - New Celtic Manager Confirmed - All Chat In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the rattlers start signing players such as O'Donnell the aussie/greek will be on the slow boat by Xmas.

Before I got banned from twitter ( for good) I gave that useless, horrible bastard dogs abuse on twitter.
As a current Scotland International, he was calling us huns on twitter, so I gave the c.unt dogs abuse and got a ban , at the time , for a week.
Just for one second imagine Nathan Patterson calling that mob t.arriers on twitter.

The yahoo media would be hounding the boy.

I realize it could massively backfire and we all look stupid for thinking it but this just seems like a bizarrely bad appointment. He has next to zero goodwill from their fans bar the most deluded who've convinced themselves a guy who literally isn't qualified for the job is suddenly a good option for it. He's known for getting rattled by the media in Australia (where they presumably don't even really care that much) and he's not even one of those guys you've heard of plying their trades overseas and gathering a reputation as a dedicated football fan. The last domestic year has easily been the most enjoyable of my life as a Rangers fan. It's almost as if they're trying to top it and have to go in even weirder directions to try.

He may very well play a high press quick tempo possession game, but there’s clearly a very lengthy sliding scale of quality to be ranked along and it remains to be seen whether he can translate that ethos from the second rate leagues he’s been used to to the pressurised environment of the Old Firm goldfish bowl within the physical and generally defensive minded SPFL.

A big part is going to be how the existing players respond to him.

He’s arriving with next to no reputation and I’ll wager more than one or two of them won’t respond well to his reportedly brash approach.

If he fails to hit the ground running, he may never recover.

I don't disagree with you. It's difficult to achieve a quick tempo possession game against low block opposition in the SPL. Team will let you have the ball right up until your 20 yards from their box.

He's either going to have to change how he plays (unlikely) or as said previously he'll likely find himself under some pressure.

As for your "second rate league" comments, outside of Rangers and Celtic I'm not sure how many SPL sides would beat top tier Japanese sides.

Predictably the a Daily Record are promoting the idea that Aaron Mooy ‘might be tempted’ to sign from Shanghai.
The reason? He’s Australian and has played for Ange and he has a Scottish wife.
Boom

Predictably the a Daily Record are promoting the idea that Aaron Mooy ‘might be tempted’ to sign from Shanghai.
The reason? He’s Australian and has played for Ange and he has a Scottish wife.
Boom
The Daily Record's China Office exclusively...

Meanwhile back on planet Earth a reminder Mr Mooy went to the CSL because they were paying him more than he was already earning in the cash rich English Leagues.

Has Big Ange brought a Billion Double Dollars with him to fund this stuff?

The Daily Record's China Office exclusively...

Meanwhile back on planet Earth a reminder Mr Mooy went to the CSL because they were paying him more than he was already earning in the cash rich English Leagues.

Has Big Ange brought a Billion Double Dollars with him to fund this stuff?

He's on 128k a week and plays for the same team Hulk did lol

No mention of wages being a stumbling block in the article, absolutely hilarious.

He's on 128k a week and plays for the same team Hulk did lol

No mention of wages being a stumbling block in the article, absolutely hilarious.
It's been edited - last paragraph.......

Mooy is currently playing for Shanghai Port but may well be keen on a return to Europe thanks to tough restrictions in the Chinese Super League.
Due to Covid rules all players are confined to two ‘bubbles’ in the cities of Guangzhou and Suzhou and can only leave their hotel to train and play games.
Mooy has a Scottish wife and, according to SBS, his current club would be unlikely to demand a huge fee to let him leave.
The Australian worked under Postecoglou for the national team, and would have to take a salary cut to move to Celtic.

MacGregor has been well below his capabilities for over a year now. Forrest is still a decent player but his fitness will be an issue for the rest of his career now. Jullien is probably the best defender they have but when he’s facing his own goal he can be dodgy.

He will probably come in and be given the impression Turnbull is who he should be building the team around and that would be his first mistake. He flatters to deceive and hasn’t got the legs, which is staggering considering his age.
Think you are right. He doesn’t do 90 mins very often. He has had a decent start but they have to over hype someone just their mentality.

There are some that will improve with a good coach. We will see.
when Rodgers was there that group of

Think you are right. He doesn’t do 90 mins very often. He has had a decent start but they have to over hype someone just their mentality.

There are some that will improve with a good coach. We will see.
when Rodgers was there that group of
Agree, the end of your sentence was cut off there but we can’t say that their entire squad is diddies. Most of them definitely aren’t up to the standard required to challenge Rangers but there are some in there who can play to a decent level.

Looking at their fixtures. They're at tynecastle first. Hearts are absolute muck, the filth will win and treat it like a great result as it was years gone by, and not just beating an absolute shite newly promoted championship team.

They are then home to Dundee and st mirren before they play us. They'll win them comfortably and the usual hyperbole will be used to describe the performances just like when they beat Hamilton 5-0 at the start of last season.

We'll then pump them at Ibrox and the wheels will start to come off. They'll turn on ange before Halloween when they find themselves 8-10 points behind.

Reactions: TQ3
Looking at their fixtures. They're at tynecastle first. Hearts are absolute muck, the filth will win and treat it like a great result as it was years gone by, and not just beating an absolute shite newly promoted championship team.

They are then home to Dundee and st mirren before they play us. They'll win them comfortably and the usual hyperbole will be used to describe the performances just like when they beat Hamilton 5-0 at the start of last season.

We'll then pump them at Ibrox and the wheels will start to come off. They'll turn on ange before Halloween when they find themselves 8-10 points behind.

Hearts will have Halliday and Greg Stewart up for it.

I believe that was the game where "Jum" Spence proclaimed that the green and white ribbons should be tied to the trophy already. Hopefully they have similar posturing next season.

Before I got banned from twitter ( for good) I gave that useless, horrible bastard dogs abuse on twitter.
As a current Scotland International, he was calling us huns on twitter, so I gave the c.unt dogs abuse and got a ban , at the time , for a week.
Just for one second imagine Nathan Patterson calling that mob t.arriers on twitter.

The yahoo media would be hounding the boy.
Worth the ban

I don't disagree with you. It's difficult to achieve a quick tempo possession game against low block opposition in the SPL. Team will let you have the ball right up until your 20 yards from their box.

He's either going to have to change how he plays (unlikely) or as said previously he'll likely find himself under some pressure.

As for your "second rate league" comments, outside of Rangers and Celtic I'm not sure how many SPL sides would beat top tier Japanese sides.
Japanese sides aren't even a dominant force in Asian club football, Rangers and Celtic would win the Asian CL EVERY season no danger and others later stages easily

He will be gone by Christmas, and Clarke will get the job.
That's my view as well, I don't know why they didn't just let Kennedy run the team till Clarke is available, why bring in a patsy like Ange. Unless Kennedy refused to be the Patsy till Clarke replaces him?

That's my view as well, I don't know why they didn't just let Kennedy run the team till Clarke is available, why bring in a patsy like Ange. Unless Kennedy refused to be the Patsy till Clarke replaces him?
Ange was only hired to sell season tickets.

Kennedy was never going to get the backing of the fans since he never got ‘the ten’ for them.

Ange will be gone at the first opportunity

Ange was only hired to sell season tickets.

Kennedy was never going to get the backing of the fans since he never got ‘the ten’ for them.

Ange will be gone at the first opportunity
giphy.webp

They'll start off ok domestically, as usually happens when teams get a new manager, although they will probably get fūcked out of Europe, and Ange will claim he's just getting started and hasn't had time to implement his philosophy yet.
We'll make it to the CL group stages.

Then, by the second round of fixtures, other SPFL teams will have sussed them out, and they will start dropping points.

Then, there will be sharks thrown by Christmas and they will go at least 10 points behind us following us thumping them 7-2 at New Year.

Then, Ange will get bumped, and he'll slag Celtic around the globe, saying that he didn't get enough time to implement his philosophy, and the shark chuckers will appoint Clarke.

Meanwhile, we'll be coasting the league and will pick up the League Cup on our way to the treble.
Don't talk pish, have a word with yerself man.

No way they're scoring twice against us B-D

Read alot of good comments in here and agree with alot, my feelings are ange will not start to struggle until fans return, win, lose or draw without the fans he won't get much feeling of the true feelings of the fans, even Pedro had an easy ride for a while with fans.

Lose or draw after the fans return and they won't be long in venting their feelings. Then we will see the character of man from a land down under, I don't see it being as bad for them as some feel. Granted we are streets ahead right now but the champions league is massive for us, get through there and the mentality in our squad will increase beyond belief.

The Dhims seem to be uNader the impression he’s quarantining in Japan and will be straight to work when he gets here next week. I have no idea but that doesn’t sound ‘right’ to me.
Yeah in Mark’s paper, ( I was looking over his shoulder. :))) it said they weren’t sure where he was! And that they hope he doesn’t have to quarantine. Il piss myself if he arrives and has to sit in his hotel room for a couple of weeks. Seemingly Noseybonk is taking preseason with i(fanny)pad until he shows up. They are doing a good job of making us laugh to death, sneaky bassa’s!

Yeah in Mark’s paper, ( I was looking over his shoulder. :))) it said they weren’t sure where he was! And that they hope he doesn’t have to quarantine. Il piss myself if he arrives and has to sit in his hotel room for a couple of weeks. Seemingly Noseybonk is taking preseason with i(fanny)pad until he shows up. They are doing a good job of making us laugh to death, sneaky bassa’s!
Being a sad c*nt I went and looked at what the requirements are for entering the UK from an Amber List country like Japan. Unless he’s in the UK already he will have to isolate, at home, for the 10 days as far as I can tell. This will apply if he’s been in an Amber List country at any point in the 10 days before travelling to the UK:

EDIT: looking further, Australia is Green List, so if he stays in Australia for 10 days before arriving in the UK he wouldn’t need to quarantine. It’s like a game of ‘Where’s Ange’ - nobody knows here he is currently, Japan, Australia or elsewhere.

Amber list countries and areas

If you’ve been in an amber list country in the 10 days before travelling to Scotland, you must:

On arrival in Scotland you must:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back