Rangers announce £6,750,000 share offer to fans - Rangers shares have been issued

Pre-registered and had placed monies in Tifosy wallet. Paid said sum via wallet. Notified that ’application under review’. Nothing more to do at this stage. I’m assuming we have all had same email after purchasing shares?
We have all applied for shares at this stage,you don’t need to anything else.
Your application will be reviewed and if successful you will be notified within 21 days of the closing date of July 16th.

Could not log on asked to reset assword then locked out of account asked me to phone ( deaf so will not phone) looks like I will not be adding to my shares crap service by Tifosy

Could not log on asked to reset assword then locked out of account asked me to phone ( deaf so will not phone) looks like I will not be adding to my shares crap service by Tifosy
Similar, was showing me the option to edit my profile including password with no link to buy shares, I went on the chat bot at the bottom of the page, they checked, told me to look again and the link was there to buy shares. But it absolutely was not when I logged in. I think the poster who said they were buying time to do basic credit checks is probably on to something. Once it flowed it was straight forward, but it was very slow to make those steps.

Voiced concern about what Woldhart's interests in the club were on here. Was roundly shot down.
Frankly it's concerning we can't get this kind of financing from an established lender at preferable interest rates to 6% (caveat: haven't had time to see the exact details of the loan yet).
What concern did you have? Suspect it was shot down as was uninformed and parochial. Wolhardt has invested 8 million pounds of equity, his company sponsors the women’s side and he has lent more in this facility. Difficult to see how we would have got 55 without his investment - what exactly were you expecting?

Last edited:
Done and dusted. Took about 5 mins.

Paid by card into my wallet, then went from there.

Sitting in the holding pen now like everyone else.

Done all the registration, security questions, etc last week. Took me 2 minutes to make payment by card and receive holding e-mail just now.

Signed up today with a modest £500 share purchase. Given thats on top of My Gers, Season Ticket, RTV Worldwide and numerous offerings from Castore I think the club have done pretty well out of me recently.

As regards the ability to vote in future AGM's etc. is there any way to assign your shares to club 1872 in order to increase their influence?

Used my phone and did a bank transfer at noon

Just got email to say application and money received

Now we wait

Last edited:
I struggled to find my email (gmail) today - all my previous tifosy email arrived in my 'primary' mail folder, the share offer mail today went to my 'promotions' folder.

I just realized I put the wrong security code in, but the amount is pending on my account. I hope That means it’s gone OK

I just realized I put the wrong security code in, but the amount is pending on my account. I hope That means it’s gone OK
Yeah, I think you are ok mate.

To be honest, the whole thing was very straightforward and I was pleased with the constant updates provided. To be fair I was literally giving them my money.

What concern did you have? Suspect it was shot down as was uninformed and parochial. Wolhardt has invested 8 million pounds of equity, his company sponsors the women’s side and he has lent more in this facility. Difficult to see how we would have got 55 without his investment - what exactly were you expecting?

Insulting fellow fans expressing concerns about who owns the club and their motives for doing so. Welcome back 1990s. Did Woldhart bring in Souness and build Ibrox with his bare hands, too?

He's a danish/chinese private equity investor. He doesn't support Rangers and never has. Scottish football clubs are terrible investments in terms of capital growth - the only way to make money is to be withdrawing it regularly via other means. The likelihood of this being a sensible allocation of his capital in terms of selling the shares at a future profit is extremely small. So why is he investing? Grew up watching us on TVB as a kid? Davie Cooper tattoo?

I'm satisfied with the board's performance. That doesn't mean I'll never question them or have concerns. If it makes me "parochial" to prefer having only those with Rangers best interests at heart running the club, then so be it.

Caveat again: haven't had time to thoroughly go through the documentation yet. Will do so this afternoon. Will rescind the above and edit this post if I'm reassured, and I hope I am.

He's a danish/chinese private equity investor.
Everyone Anyone?
He doesn't support Rangers and never has. Scottish football clubs are terrible investments in terms of capital growth
I have met JW and his wife in the Blue room a few times and it is clear to me they have both fallen in love with Rangers.
The money he has invested is his own not from his private equity fund. Successful businessmen are allowed to have hobbies without looking for a return.
Your username suggests you are from HK.
Do you know JW personally and have anything substantial to base your concerns on ?

I never realised the closing date was until mid July. In two minds as I’ve shelled out close on three grand now for 2 ST’s this season and last and fear I’ll not be getting back anytime soon.
With that in mind I’m going to wait a bit and see how things play out as the new season approaches.

Is this not just the capital being used to build it?

The share offering document suggests that the proceeds of this issue may be used to "support the development and construction of new Edminston House" (page 12., one of five suggested uses). Nothing in the document about what the new loan facility might be used for.

Let me start by saying the language is a touch confusing. I'd usually consider a loan facility to be access to available finance as needed up to a certain amount, but that the company might not choose to access. If that's the case, then this all looks fine and 6% seems reasonable. However, talk of it being "repayable over 7 years" indicates this is a loan already provided in full that needs paying back, in which case I stand by my previous point that I'd like to know if we tried to get better terms elsewhere, perhaps without putting club assets up as security.

The loan from King is due to be repaid in October of this year, and a loan from a company called Close Leasing Limited will be repaid this month. Other than that, we only have the Scottish Government Covid loan, which is interest free and is repaid 2022-42. Perhaps we're using this new loan facility to cover what we haven't yet repaid to King?

Would be good to get more clarity.

The share offering document suggests that the proceeds of this issue may be used to "support the development and construction of new Edminston House" (page 12., one of five suggested uses). Nothing in the document about what the new loan facility might be used for.

Let me start by saying the language is a touch confusing. I'd usually consider a loan facility to be access to available finance as needed up to a certain amount, but that the company might not choose to access. If that's the case, then this all looks fine and 6% seems reasonable. However, talk of it being "repayable over 7 years" indicates this is a loan already provided in full that needs paying back, in which case I stand by my previous point that I'd like to know if we tried to get better terms elsewhere, perhaps without putting club assets up as security.

The loan from King is due to be repaid in October of this year, and a loan from a company called Close Leasing Limited will be repaid this month. Other than that, we only have the Scottish Government Covid loan, which is interest free and is repaid 2022-42. Perhaps we're using this new loan facility to cover what we haven't yet repaid to King?

Would be good to get more clarity.
The loan from King attracts 8% interest and I think final repayment is in October. Finance from Close will be dearer than that.

Everyone Anyone?

I have met JW and his wife in the Blue room a few times and it is clear to me they have both fallen in love with Rangers.
The money he has invested is his own not from his private equity fund. Successful businessmen are allowed to have hobbies without looking for a return.
Your username suggests you are from HK.
Do you know JW personally and have anything substantial to base your concerns on ?

No, absolutely not. Want to be 100% clear on that. I'm a nobody. Just a concerned supporter.

What you said about meeting him is reassuring, thanks for sharing. I guess I feel that we've had guys who've talked the talk before (and many of them may have believed it). He's currently the only Director who wasn't a Rangers fan prior to his involvement, so I feel that it's natural he comes under a certain degree of scrutiny, particularly when we start to talk about security over assets.

The loan from King attracts 8% interest and I think final repayment is in October. Finance from Close will be dearer than that.

8% is correct yeah, have the docs infront me of me now. Close interest rate isn't listed. Will be good to get them repaid and off the books.

If I knew what I got wrong I wouldnt be on here moaning

Without knowing what you answered, the objective was to check you understood the risks involved.
Document shows a loan agreement with Bennett, Johnston & Woldhart for £5.2m with 6% interest & secured against Edmiston House.

Hmm.

The prospectus refers to a “group of shareholders including Bennett, Woldhart and Johnston” They are named because they are directors and that needs to be disclosed. But the rest of the group is not named as there is no requirement to do that.

Anyone know when we’re likely to find out if/when our applications have been accepted?
From Tifosy confirmation email-

”The deadline for Applications is 17:59 on Friday 16th July 2021. Applicants will be notified of whether or not their Application has been successful within 21 days of this date. If your Application is unsuccessful, in full or in part, the relevant amount of your investment will be returned to you within 21 days.”

Just done a bank transfer if I’m reading what everyone else has said correctly then that money goes into my wallet so what do I have to do then?

Please note - supporters clubs can band together to buy shares - you register them in the name of your club secretary for instance - and back it up with your own document explaining how the shares are to be distributed if the purchase is ever broken up.

It looks like punters in Canada, America and Australia (and I presume some other jurisdictions) can't participate - if registering from there use your mum's address in the UK!
I signed up with my address here in the States and my financial details here also.

I contacted my bank and they provided a screenshot proving that the transaction had taken place.I forwarded this to Tifosy and they completed the payment to my wallet. I then received an email confirming transaction complete.
I’ll give it until tomorrow and do likewise.

Cheers.

I never realised the closing date was until mid July. In two minds as I’ve shelled out close on three grand now for 2 ST’s this season and last and fear I’ll not be getting back anytime soon.
With that in mind I’m going to wait a bit and see how things play out as the new season approaches.
You sitting in the managers seat for that cost lol?!

Back