SNP’s James Dornan accused of ‘making up bigotry’ after linking bus cancellations to ‘anti-Irish racism’

The Steven Bonner he mentions, was one of several SNP . MP's who had council tax arrears paid by the SNP . Apparently it is an offence for MP's to get into debt in this manner ,but strangely enough the Police have alledgedly never charged or reported it to the P.F. and it was never taken further by the SNP hirearchy
I was debating apartheid schooling in Scotland in FB with someone when Steven Bonnar jumped into the arguement and proceeded to post the most deluded, hate filled pish I've ever read. An absolute bam of a guy. Last I heard he was getting lifted for offering a neighbor a square go in the street.

I was debating apartheid schooling in Scotland in FB with someone when Steven Bonnar jumped into the arguement and proceeded to post the most deluded, hate filled pish I've ever read. An absolute bam of a guy. Last I heard he was getting lifted for offering a neighbor a square go in the street.

He tried to claim the police who came to his house for that acted unfairly.

They responded saying we just did our job as normal.

There’s no depths low enough that these so called leaders of our country won’t stoop to.

loathsome uneducated product of R.C. Schooling , he was asked politely by the neighbour to remove a giant Celtc crest on display from his bedroom window as it was not seen to be the done thing in the neighbourhood , not I add just because it was Celtc. but because it was directly across from his vision out his living room window. He wasn't in at the time but when he was back home his wife told him of the complaint He then approached the neighbours house but didn't go to the door . He decided to stand outside the neighbours house and hurl abuse at him one can only imagine if it was vile sectarian anti -Rangers nonsense .
He is also the ilk of refusing to be sworn in to Government in the traditional way by means ( I think ) of crossing his fingers when quoting the oath as some kind of insult , and refusing to recognise the Queen , which in their tiny minds is a badge of honour in the plastic paddy circle

Last edited:
Like you, I was sadly disappointed that Dornan was returned but not really all that surprised.

The fact that he was, underlines levels of voter apathy and general ignorance. When I say that, I’m not having a go at the average man or woman in the street per se. Political parties and their strategists know full well that there are members of the electorate who exercise their franchise largely along ideological lines and seldom hold errant members of parliaments to account.

Obviously some have a list of misdemeanours allied to a public profile whereby they inescapably draw attention to themselves and pay the price, but others like Dornan seem to lead a charmed existence and apparently don’t incur voter wrath for their supposedly accountable actions.

Dornan has a list of previous which leaves me quite dismayed at the residents of Glasgow Cathcart. His obfuscation of the transgender issue with regard to women’s rights has been particularly problematic. I wonder how many females would have knowingly voted for him if they were fully aware of his arrogant, inane ramblings on the subject.
I moved to Cathcart bout 5 years ago and can't quite believe people in my area vote for this horrible hate filled idiot! It really does make me want to move from here! There must be plenty of the rotten mob over this way!

So according to Dornan and his fellow nats, Irish is a race but English, British, et al aren’t?

385.gif

I’ve just had a look through some of his past tweets. This man is dangerous and answers to nobody.
The Spotlight group had correspondence with him over a year ago. No mention from us about football allegiances, but when a member of Spotlight questioned him about his son playing for CBC while the beasts were operating, he proceeded to call the member a bigot.
The member then asked how he could come to that conclusion when there was no mention of religion etc. It was obviously a very touchy subject for Dornan. I wonder why? Did he know along with many other enablers and decide to say nothing? I wonder.

A NATS MSP was today accused of “making up bigotry” after linking the cancellation of bus services due to anti-social behaviour to “anti-Irish racism”.
James Dornan said the decision by Lothian Buses to suspend evening services on March 17 suggested the operator had concluded “Irish Catholics were to blame for this rise in anti-social behaviour” because it coincided with St Patrick’s Day.

He made the claim in a parly speech and later tweeted to say he’d raised “the ongoing issue of anti-Catholic bigotry and anti-Irish racism”, adding: “For far too long accepted as part of Scottish life. Things are changing but we still have a fair way to go to sort this out.”
But Mr Dornan, SNP MSP for Glasgow Cathcart, was slapped down by opposition politicians, who insisted buses were axed because of “straightforward vandalism” after vehicles were pelted with bricks and drivers abused by yobs in some parts of Edinburgh - and not because of a “sectarian slight”.
Ian Murray, Labour MP for Edinburgh South, said: “A Glasgow MSP making up bigotry about Edinburgh. What a fool. For the record, it was because bricks were being thrown through bus windows endangering lives.”

Alex Cole-Hamilton, Lib Dem MSP for Edinburgh Western, said: “I’ve clashed with (James Dornan) before, but this is utterly contemptible.
“Lothian drivers had suffered nights of abuse and physical assault via stoning before the company suspended services. This was not some sectarian slight.
“He should apologise to Lothian and to parliament.”
And Neil Findlay, former Labour MSP for the Lothian region, said: “When the situation emerged I contacted Unite Scotland to find out what was going on with attacks on their members and urged government to help resolve the situation.
“At no time was sectarianism mentioned - it was straightforward vandalism.”
Lothian Buses announced it was cancelling all services after 7.30pm on the night of March 17 across Edinburgh and the Lothians to ensure customer and driver safety following a spate of attacks.
And in April it confirmed some of its services would be diverted away from particular routes.

Police have since charged 38 children and young people during an operation targeting antisocial behaviour and violence towards Lothian Buses drivers.
During a Scottish Government justice debate at Holyrood Thursday, Mr Dornan pointed to March 17 being St Patrick’s Day and said he could “only assume” Lothian Buses had concluded “Irish Catholics were to blame for this rise in anti-social behaviour”.
He added: “Why else cancel buses only for the night of a ubiquitous Irish Catholic holiday when pubs were not open and it was a stay at home order in place.
“Can you imagine if this had happened roundabout July 12 or if it had about roundabout a Muslim festival, or a Sikh festival. It just is not acceptable.”

In response, top lawyer Roddy Dunlop QC, Dean of the Faculty of Advocates, said: “As a Glaswegian who now lives in Edinburgh, this vacuous nonsense for an elected MSP is utterly bizarre.
“People in Edinburgh saw the damage caused to buses by bored/disaffected youths throwing bricks.
“Nothing to do with St Patrick’s Day, or religion in any form. Just safety.”
Plus he is on to a very high wage plus expenses for telling all those lies and making up anti /Irish catholic stories . In actual fact the man is very much anti Protestant and anti Rangers and making a very nice living that most people would die for by making up all this crap . There are far more duties he could or should be attending to regarding people's welfare instead of writing made up crap to stir the shit against Protestants to make himself look important . another imposter who is nothing but a wage thief and a liar .
The problem with our country is run by nationalists and the opposition party’s are that weak, they don’t even attempt to challenge the scum that is the snp!
Dornan is as dangerous as humza

I’ve just had a look through some of his past tweets. This man is dangerous and answers to nobody.
The Spotlight group had correspondence with him over a year ago. No mention from us about football allegiances, but when a member of Spotlight questioned him about his son playing for CBC while the beasts were operating, he proceeded to call the member a bigot.
The member then asked how he could come to that conclusion when there was no mention of religion etc. It was obviously a very touchy subject for Dornan. I wonder why? Did he know along with many other enablers and decide to say nothing? I wonder.
He said on twitter a while ago he knew of rumours when his son played for them. I've been blocked by him so can't search back.

That’s the go to retort from these cretins mate. You know as well as I that as soon as you question the motives of people like him, he’ll pull that bigot or race card out quicker than a flash. It’s almost as if he’s been trained to answer back that way?

Dornan is a very dangerous, yet foolish individual as we all know, and he’s clearly a slippery wee fucker too. He’s is, however, not that bright and his arrogance will be his undoing one day, hopefully very soon.

People like him who are elected members of this administration should be answering to the public and the public only, but he cares not a jot for the public who pay his very handsome wages. As far as I’m aware, he does very little for his constituency or those within it, unless of course you are of an oppressed and downtrodden nature…

There was a screenshot going around of some Irish group thanking Dornan for promising to "tackle anti-Irish racism" months ago. He started with the George Square celebrations.

Funny how its 'anti-Irish' racism, whatever that is, but 'anti-English racism never gets a mention, even when videos are posted of Scotland fans signing 'anti-English' songs.

How do they decide what racism is and what isn't?

If you don,t mind me asking mate .how do you know that.
I don't for sure but I genuinely don't think we will. Only really because I think if the SNP thought for a minute they said anything damaging, in a legal sense, thry wouldn't have said it. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit.

As has been said before we can remove them at the ballot box our problem is a credible opposition party. Although I have never voted Tory it does look like the only viable option. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

There was a screenshot going around of some Irish group thanking Dornan for promising to "tackle anti-Irish racism" months ago. He started with the George Square celebrations.

Funny how its 'anti-Irish' racism, whatever that is, but 'anti-English racism never gets a mention, even when videos are posted of Scotland fans signing 'anti-English' songs.

that would be call it out, ran by that ira supporting arsehole from strathclyde uni, their whole purpose is to recast sectarianism into anti irish racism so their anti protestant bigotry is no longer counted

Yet to see any evidence of either! I wonder how many Irish were celebrating in George Sq, it’s a total nonsense!

I moved to Cathcart bout 5 years ago and can't quite believe people in my area vote for this horrible hate filled idiot! It really does make me want to move from here! There must be plenty of the rotten mob over this way!
I lived in Burnside /Rutherglen till moving to Dumfries in 1978,Teddy Taylor was the mp for many years in Cathcart and although being a tory(toarieee)was well thought of by all sides of the political divide,he worked very hard for all his constituents and never refused to see anyone,this cretin you have now makes me think Cathcart has changed a great deal?

I lived in Burnside /Rutherglen till moving to Dumfries in 1978,Teddy Taylor was the mp for many years in Cathcart and although being a tory(toarieee)was well thought of by all sides of the political divide,he worked very hard for all his constituents and never refused to see anyone,this cretin you have now makes me think Cathcart has changed a great deal?
Seems like to me m8, place must be riddled with them. Need to move up to east ren I think!

that would be call it out, ran by that ira supporting arsehole from strathclyde uni, their whole purpose is to recast sectarianism into anti irish racism so their anti protestant bigotry is no longer counted
Was it definetely them? I know their work (or agenda) so I feel like I would have remembered it if it was them.

Either that or you can confirm that it was them and I'm just talking oot my hole.

Was it definetely them? I know their work (or agenda) so I feel like I would have remembered it if it was them.

Either that or you can confirm that it was them and I'm just talking oot my hole.
The push for the change in use of language came from a group called Irish Voice UK. They used Call It Out as a conduit to Dornan and he promised the change would come. And come it did, in the immediate aftermath of George Square.

Last edited:
you'd think someone in our 'free press' that instead of acting like a dictaphone would query why he would invent this, then look into his past behaviour which would highlight a very worrying trend.
Exactly. We are probably over-estimating the number of people in power driving this but there are certainly a lot more going along with it. We need a way to deal with the main protagonists who are in danger of turning Scotland into a divided country in the mould of Ireland. Not sure a large part of the population are aware of the dangerous game they are playing.

He said on twitter a while ago he knew of rumours when his son played for them. I've been blocked by him so can't search back.
Another thing to remember. If Dornan wanted to help with the investigation, then why did he refuse an interview with Adrian Goldberg. You would think as a parent that if your son was amongst these beasts at the time then you’d want to know everything.

I thought I read a while ago that Dornan was no longer standing for an mp, and was stepping down. What happened to change his mind?

I don't for sure but I genuinely don't think we will. Only really because I think if the SNP thought for a minute they said anything damaging, in a legal sense, thry wouldn't have said it. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit.
I dont think Humza and Dornan are that bright. The fact Humza said 'If' in his tweet thinking that would keep him out of trouble is enough to know hes stupid.

Back