UEFA CL/EL/ECL Qualifying games

People now realising that the non champions route is nowhere near as challenging since the 4th placed teams from the big leagues were taken out.

Them in the CL and us being in the EL is unlikely but not out the question unfortunately.

The Danes mauled Young Boys and Prague last season, they are no mugs*

*Literally a week before they beat YB I posted here saying our win against them was an underrated result only for a couple of posters to reply “they’re pish”.

Danes are the hardest tie they could have gotten there IMO, normally I’d fancy Celtic to beat any of them but these aren’t normal times :))

Tbf we beat the Danes when we were nowhere near as good as we are now

Gerrard was a year into the job and had built a solid backline of McGregor, Tav, Goldson, Katic and Barisic by that point who all had played for us in several European games before Midgetland.

I cant even think of 4 Celtic defenders who will be available to play by the 21st of July. Ralston, Welsh, Ajer (if he's still there) and Bolingoli? The rest are either away back to the their parent club or at the Euros.

Mitjiland are a good side with some exceptional players (Evander / Kaba Onyeka)

we didn't get the credit we deserved when we smashed them, this is certainly not an easy draw for them they will do very well to get through that.

Midtjylland clear favourites a Champions League club with settled squad (you would think) that took 4 off Slavia Prague and properly mixed it that night.

They were soft as you know what against us, bullied and clearly learned.

Anyone know if midtjylland have improved much over the past couple of years? We spanked them quite easily the other year.

Anyone know if midtjylland have improved much over the past couple of years? We spanked them quite easily the other year.
Their hammering last season of two sides that have beaten us under Gerrard would suggest so, also we were brilliant against them in both ties rather than them being poor mate!.

*Literally a week before they beat YB I posted here saying our win against them was an underrated result only for a couple of posters to reply “they’re pish”.

Danes are the hardest tie they could have gotten there IMO, normally I’d fancy Celtic to beat any of them but these aren’t normal times :))
Our win against them was a brilliant result. I'd put it up there with the Porto and Braga wins as our most impressive under Gerrard. Galatasaray was a very good win too, and Maribor.

Midtjylland are a much better team than some folk are giving them credit for. They’ve improved massively since we beat beat them, look at their CL results last season. Also they’re a settled team.

Fat ange has now 34 days to assemble and gel a team together for the tie, and he isn’t even out of quarantine yet.

yes, they are a good side and are regulars at champions league level - IMHO this is the hardest tie from a footballing prespective - only thing tougher would have been playing in turkey in 40 deg heat in the middle of July.

on paper Mityjiland are a better side than galatasary.

Midtjylland are a much better team than some folk are giving them credit for. They’ve improved massively since we beat beat them, look at their CL results last season. Also they’re a settled team.

Fat ange has now 34 days to assemble and gel a team together for the tie, and he isn’t even out of quarantine yet.
Is he even in the country yet

I think they'd go to EL qualifying 3rd round, then could drop to conference league playoffs. Could still miss out on group stages if they lose them all...I think.
Yeah that is right

Beat the Danes and they have group stage football in the EL at least

Last edited:

Just a small observation here but is everyone typing "the danes" for the same reason as me? (too hard to spell and can't be arsed looking it up)?

Back