Ange Postecoglou - New Celtic Manager Confirmed - All Chat In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely people can now see that Warburton done what he was brought here to do, got us playing and turned us around to a capable SPFL team from the dross he inherited. We were never gonna be able to compete with them at that point.

This guy on the other hand makes 0 sense and has car crash written all over him. More like a Caixinha with a Warburton-esque philosophy.
I was meaning more in philosophy but I don't think he'll be anywhere near as bad as Caixinha. This guy has at least managed an international team at sizeable events. Pedro was a fraud of the highest order. I wouldn't compare anyone to that clown, not even their new gaffer.

I think Angie will perform decently in Europe. I think his fast paced, offensively dominated tactics will work well in Europe.
I also think those same tactics will be his death in Scotland. Everyone who talks about him, speaks of his 'offense offense offense' methods.
That's just not going to work in Scotland.

I think Angie will perform decently in Europe. I think his fast paced, offensively dominated tactics will work well in Europe.
I also think those same tactics will be his death in Scotland. Everyone who talks about him, speaks of his 'offense offense offense' methods.

I think the opposite

He will steam roll the dross in Scotland and come unstuck against us and the stickier sides like Hearts and Hibs.

In Europe he will be honking - Like Rogers

Sviatchenko is atrocious. If that’s the level they’re shopping at that then it should be a good season for us.

So if the scum buy him back his first competitive game will be against Mitjylland

If Mitjylland sell him they don’t rate him and if they do they will increase their asking price to sell him back to the scum

My prediction is they won’t even qualify for the EL.

Celtic will face Danish Superliga runners-up Midtjylland in the Champions League second qualifying round.

Defeat would mean a place in the Europa League third qualifying round against either Anorthosis Famagusta of Cyprus or the Czech Republic's Jablonec

We can't even win domestic cups on Scotland, and you have us winning the Asian champ league every year.
Yeah nice parallel, not the obvious last 16 of the Europa League? Talk about twisting an argument to suit your narrative (which is bizarrely bumming up a pish poor league)

Would St J in the cup form they showed compete at the top end o the Asian CL? Yes
Would ANY last 16 side fro the EL win the Asian CL every season? YES

Disagree,

If you go out offensively minded you'll get slapped in Europe by the better teams. We don't play as offensive as it looks in some games, we only play that way when the opposition lets us (by being worse), we've been lucky in that sense that we've just simply been the better team in most games.If you look at games like Porto, Benfica, start of Braga and even Leverkusen, teams who are generally better than us, despite our periods of excellent attacking football when they allowed us, it was clear we had two eyes on counter possession and defending. Essentially us in europe come down to excellent tactics by Gerrard , something postaglue doesn't seem to have in him.

Imo they'll get slapped in europe, batter some tinpot teams in Scotland and struggle massively against teams like us who can actually defend or teams that can punish them on the counter

Last edited:
The opposite is more likely in my opinion.
Teams in Europe are much better on the break than the dross in this country.

So teams that actually qualify for European competition are actually more susceptible to the aussie/greek's total football than Dundee and Motherwell ?

You might want to revisit this.

Didn't know so googled him, I know you can never tell by youtube clips but if this is his highlights, f*ck me they're in a bad way.

By all accounts the Wednesday fans are completely indifferent to his leaving them. They're pissed off with the board for letting him away on a free but not the letting him away part.

*42:15 in
Started listening to it.

The commentators cock sucking of ginger teeth begins early "difficult to watch what was happening to you in the stand" (or words to that effect).

UPDATE: He's saying that Lawwell was chased out of the door as well by the "new breed"
: Won't answer when Miller asks him was there players signed who he didnt want.

Last edited:
Lennon discussing last season from about 30 mins in

Funny as fuk! Basically wasnt his fault! Covid, players fans, but not him!

Lennon discussing last season from about 30 mins in

He really is a loathsome individual. Still absolutely raging with track and trace, claiming Celtic were treated differently than everyone else when 16 of their players and staff had to isolate.

That’s just opinion. ;)

2nd best is dominating is it?

Its certainly not a poor record nor indicative of a poor league.

I don't personally think that he'll succeed in his role but for people on here to slag off the J and K Leagues is laughable if you're comparing them to the highlights of the SPL outside of Rangers and Celtic.

Its certainly not a poor record nor indicative of a poor league.

I don't personally think that he'll succeed in his role but for people on here to slag off the J and K Leagues is laughable if you're comparing them to the highlights of the SPL outside of Rangers and Celtic.
Agreed that if you minus Rangers and Celt!c, the Scottish League is so bad its not even comparable with the levels of fitness and skill in those Leagues.

That said it doesnt necessarily reflect the suitability of the Coaches from there to work here as the games are ultimately very different. Matches here are far more physical, stop/start and decided by small passages of play rather than open back and forth exchanges.

Big Ange is clearly a good Coach within his realms but really if someone is making their first strike abroad at nearly 60 you have to wonder. Lets be honest, if he was appointed by Hearts or Aberdeen hed be laughed out the building by the media before hed even touched down. As its them, we're getting all sorts of nonsense about his pedigree and prospects.

My take is hes going to do ok in Scotland, finishing well short of Gerrard and Rangers, get knocked about in Europe by everyone, then be back home to take on another J, A or K job before too long.

Aye, there's not many teams playing at CL level that will be able to take advantage of no defense. Eh... Wait a minute... Whit?

If he genuinely sets his team up like that in Europe they will break records this year. Their PSG score line will look like a good day in the office, a triumph! :D

And while he may manage to steam roller a few results domestically, and i think he might, he holds next to zero good will from the fans so first dropped points they will be right on his back.

Drugs are bad. ok not all drugs but the ones you are taking.

Yea because Celtic playing attacking football has really worked for them in Europe :rolleyes:

They get pumped in Europe no matter what style the play but especially when they are more attacking.

I want them in the EL or the other comp.
Can’t have them not playing 2 games a week when we are.
30mill up for grabs this season.
I want them pumped out of europe right away.

We thrive playing two games a week, Gerrard mentions this a lot and one of the factors of him coming here was playing twice a week.

Them getting turfed out, less money for them, less prestige and shark attacks could be happening before september.

"But he reckons his former boss will have been offered big jobs in Europe before - the timing just wasn't right."

How's that for mental gymnastics?! No one had heard of the c88nt 6 weeks ago and now, some bin raking dud from Gretna reckons he's probably had offers from top teams before? How does he know this? Just 'reckons' that to be the case.

And why didn't he take these imaginary jobs? Timing.

All just made up off the top of some junior league player's head and ends up printed in a newspaper. Unreal.

now thats top end levels of turd polishing lol

this guy may hit the ground running and be an excellent manager ... however anyone looking at his CV objectively would struggle to take that from the dross he has managed before now - winning games at u20 level and in 4th rate leagues means absolutely nothing.

There has been far far far better managers with decent previous pedigrees crashed and burned in Glasgow (Le Guen for one)

"But he reckons his former boss will have been offered big jobs in Europe before - the timing just wasn't right."

How's that for mental gymnastics?! No one had heard of the c88nt 6 weeks ago and now, some bin raking dud from Gretna reckons he's probably had offers from top teams before? How does he know this? Just 'reckons' that to be the case.

And why didn't he take these imaginary jobs? Timing.

All just made up off the top of some junior league player's head and ends up printed in a newspaper. Unreal.
And he never bothered to get himself qualified for taking a job in Europe even though all these offers were flooding in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back