Chelsea agree personal terms with Haaland

Is that a legit source? Struggle to believe anything on Twitter lol

would love to see Haaland in the Prem so hopefully there’s a bit of truth in it

As soon as Tuchel won the Champions League after 6 months at Chelsea, Abramovich was always going to give him money to play with. This is the start of it.

Isn’t football just getting shitter and shitter?
Used to love Chelsea in the eighties, proper club, proper fans. Then came Abramovich.
Killed it for me with them. Now talking about signing a player whose agent meets every (any) club who can pay his Hollywood wages. And then…
Watching the Euro’s and I’ve seen two examples of players ’tripping’ themselves over trying to get penalties.
Thank f@ck I’m old and have seen a bit of decent fitba. I pity you youngsters.

Used to love Chelsea in the eighties, proper club, proper fans. Then came Abramovich.
Killed it for me with them. Now talking about signing a player whose agent meets every (any) club who can pay his Hollywood wages. And then…
Watching the Euro’s and I’ve seen two examples of players ’tripping’ themselves over trying to get penalties.
Thats the first picture I have seen of him,never saw him playing, the football experts on here will have a fit with our posts:D

Agents have spoilt the game , whoring their "goods" to the highest bidder.
Bosman effectively stopped clubs owning players and now they effectively are just leasing them on a contract.

This is common practice in football.

Player terms are usually agreed prior to a bid being made, otherwise you’re wasting everyone’s time if the player doesn’t want to leave.

“Tapping up” as it is known goes on all the time, and I don’t doubt we do it either.

I had always thought "tapping up" was illegal?

Not really sure on the source for these. Like most of these stories, let's wait until something more concrete comes out.

Borussia Dortmund seem to have a brilliant knack for signing quality youngsters for relatively cheap and selling them on for a big profit a few years later.

Benfica are good at that too, they have made huge profits from developing players in recent years.

It is a business model we should really be copying.

Would love to see him at Chelsea, could see CHO going as part exchange. He has great talent but may develop better away from London

I don’t doubt he’s agreed terms but it’s been widely reported only a crazy fee will be accepted this summer by Dortmund. They want to sell him next year. Hope it happens but I’d be surprised.

Borussia Dortmund seem to have a brilliant knack for signing quality youngsters for relatively cheap and selling them on for a big profit a few years later.

Benfica are good at that too, they have made huge profits from developing players in recent years.

Have you been sleeping for the last three years?

I’m sure there will be loads of Chelsea supporting men your age telling their sons he will be a great signing son but he’s no John Spencer. :D

I don't have any evidence for this but I suspect their reputation of signing brilliant young players relies on them not being too difficult to deal with if/when the player wants to leave. Also, paying more than their fare share to agents etc.

Wow. Was not expecting that. A massively significant signing coup for Chelsea if it comes off.

I agree with the cynical weariness caused by money madness in the game though. It’s just nuts.

What a signing for Chelsea, boys going to be one of if not the best number 9 for the next decade and a half.

really surprised city never bust the bank for him with Aguero leaving.

They won 3 European cups without Roman

Before Abramovic came in they’d won the league once, the FA cup twice and won the league cup twice

Yeah they’d won the cup winners cup twice but 7 major trophies is hardly a good trophy haul for a “big” club

Back