Gattuso to leave Fiorentina after 23 days

LoyalAndBlue82

Official Ticketer
I presume what has happened here, is that Gattuso/Mendes want to sign a bunch of players that Mendes represents - therefore continually getting him a large fee.

Fiorentina would rather go for alternatives that wouldn’t include his huge fee, therefore not spending pointless cash.

Edit; the point of this post wasn’t purely the financial aspect, but more the fact that Fiorentina don’t want to be dictated too by a total wank.

Last edited:
now if only Celtic had hung on a while longer they could have had Rino :)

22 days is impressive - assume he wont have managed any games / training sessions yet lol

Seemed like a bit of a step back after reasonable spells at Milan and Napoli.

Sure he’ll be able to get a decent gig soon off the back of that experience.

Seemed like a bit of a step back after reasonable spells at Milan and Napoli.

Sure he’ll be able to get a decent gig soon off the back of that experience.

Sampdoria? Could get a better job probably but the Serie A manager merry go round might sort that.

Ye
I presume what has happened here, is that Gattuso/Mendes want to sign a bunch of players that Mendes represents - therefore continually getting him a large fee.

Fiorentina would rather go for alternatives that wouldn’t include his huge fee, therefore not spending pointless cash.
yes, probably, but no matter which players are signed there will be a big lump of money going to an agent, so not really a saving.

And right there is a massive problem with football today. Why the fook is a manager's agent shaping transfer strategy. Well obviously the answers money but is the club supposed to roll over and say, yeah just sign players based on commission percentages, we'll just ignore all scouting recommendations.

Ye

yes, probably, but no matter which players are signed there will be a big lump of money going to an agent, so not really a saving.
True mate, but it also means Fiorentina aren’t restricted to only a specific pool of players and I don’t blame them for not wanting to deal with Mendes.

Him and Raiola are leaches, the money they two take from clubs is scandalous.

Seems likely. Why else would the manager’s agent be suggesting transfer targets rather than the manager? That also doesn’t reflect well on Gattuso if he’s willing to be influenced by his agent as to the players he signs.

Jorge Mendes is a wank.

He demanded Fiorentina only buy his players AND that he could talk to their first team squad about being poached by his agency,,,,,quite rightly told to do one.

Probably the best decision on his part.
If the board aren't backing him in transfer requests, his team pays the price and ultimately he will be judged on the players on the park.
They probably thought he was calling their bluff and the wee loonball told them 'Catchye Versace'!!
Respect to the weeman.

Mendes is bad news.

When he represents a coach/manager then you see a steady stream of players he happens to also represent arriving at the club, pressure on youth players to sign up with him etc.

The role of the agent is necessary IMO, they serve a purpose but with Mendes in particular, you find players & managers acting to serve his interests rather than the other way around.

Seems likely. Why else would the manager’s agent be suggesting transfer targets rather than the manager? That also doesn’t reflect well on Gattuso if he’s willing to be influenced by his agent as to the players he signs.
Mendes is bad news.

When he represents a coach/manager then you see a steady stream of players he happens to also represent arriving at the club, pressure on youth players to sign up with him etc.

The role of the agent is necessary IMO, they serve a purpose but with Mendes in particular, you find players & managers acting to serve his interests rather than the other way around.
Yeah.

Governing bodies need to start regulating the role of agents, particularly him and Raiola.

Edit; the point of this post wasn’t purely the financial aspect, but more the fact that Fiorentina don’t want to be dictated too by a total wank.
I like Gattuso.

Mendes is bad news.

The Mendes/Mourinho relationship was toxic for Chelsea first time around, hence, when jose returned to Chelsea for his 2nd spell Abramovic removed Mendes from all Player negotiations.
Jose only took the job to return after he lost out on the Man U job to Moyes.

Ridiculous to think the agent of a manager could stand between a football club and its own transfer strategy.

Obviously got loads of respect for Rino but he doesn't do himself any favours doing business and being heavily connected with a rat like Jorge Mendes.

The Mendes/Mourinho relationship was toxic for Chelsea first time around, hence, when jose returned to Chelsea for his 2nd spell Abramovic removed Mendes from all Player negotiations.
Jose only took the job to return after he lost out on the Man U job to Moyes.
The Medes/Mourinho show at Real Madrid was as bad - possibly even worse as the behaviour was already established.

Mendes wields far too much influence over managers.
How do you stop it though? People are entitled to be represented by whoever they like, and managers/coaches entitled to try to sign who they like.
We can look from the outside and see the patterns of who is represented by who though - and in the case of Mendes he just seems to seek an utter stranglehold on player representation at entire clubs.

Wolves were practically a Portuguese team under Nuno and Mendez was the main agent

The Mendes thing stinks to me, get a manager a gig, then get him to sign all my players making me money. Surely that's got to be looked at more closely. Who's to say these managers aren't also taking a wedge from him for signing his players etc?

Reactions: W78
Probably the best decision on his part.
If the board aren't backing him in transfer requests, his team pays the price and ultimately he will be judged on the players on the park.
They probably thought he was calling their bluff and the wee loonball told them 'Catchye Versace'!!
Respect to the weeman.
Gattuso seems to be in agreement with his agent re; signing players to line his agents pockets. The club are correct in their stance. Gattuso walks but the club will move on.

Yeah.

Governing bodies need to start regulating the role of agents, particularly him and Raiola.
Agreed. I would make it a requirement that all agent payments are made by the player. That way they would see how much they were being taken for. I’m sure agents fees would start coming down.

I hope Rino learns from this -( albeit a 20 odd days experience) -
If this really is an agent's commission issue - he needs to wise up & concentrate on what's best for the club, team & potential success- not lining a 3rd parties pocket

All that said - I'm still a massive fan of Rino & am convinced he is & can be a top manager- although to be fair I'm a bit biased

The Mendes thing stinks to me, get a manager a gig, then get him to sign all my players making me money. Surely that's got to be looked at more closely. Who's to say these managers aren't also taking a wedge from him for signing his players etc?
Transfers do seem to be a bit murky these days. They really need to make the system a lot more transparent - and clubs shouldn’t be able to pay fees to third parties not employed on their behalf.

Spurs had everything sewn up with Paulo Fonseca and at the 11th hour have decided to pull out of that deal and bring in Gattuso as their new manager.

Don't really know what to think of this decision to be honest.

Back