Chelsea agree personal terms with Haaland

They had the second best defence in the league last season.

Genuinely shocked by that. Don’t think you win a league with Christiansen/Rudiger as main CBs

Think they’re a world class CB away from competing with City/Liverpool over 38 games

Dortmund are crazy selling him. Are they still in financial difficulty and having to sell? They'll never win another Bundesliga title selling their best players because its exactly what Bayern don't do.

Dortmund are crazy selling him. Are they still in financial difficulty and having to sell? They'll never win another Bundesliga title selling their best players because its exactly what Bayern don't do.
He’s got a release clause that gets activated next season mate, which I’m sure is less then they could probably recoup this window

As below, if they wait till next summer they lose a whack of cash.

Before Abramovic came in they’d won the league once, the FA cup twice and won the league cup twice

Yeah they’d won the cup winners cup twice but 7 major trophies is hardly a good trophy haul for a “big” club

Abramovic has been there nearly 20 years now - maybe they weren't a "big club" 20 years ago, but... that was 20 years ago.

Abramovic has been there nearly 20 years now - maybe they weren't a "big club" 20 years ago, but... that was 20 years ago.

Agreed but that wasn’t the guys point. Chelsea are a big club now helped by £, same as Man City

Depends how far back people want to go but to me Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal are the 3 biggest clubs in England

Likes of City/Chelsea/Spurs aren’t any bigger than Leeds, they just happen to have financial backing

Damn, I thought Dortmund getting into the Champions league might have seen him stay.

They struggled at the start of last season and that with Haaland banging them in, god knows who’ll replace him.

Der BVB have a good business plan though. Play em young and sell them for millions. They had a 16 year old score last season and Bellingham is only 17.

Agreed but that wasn’t the guys point. Chelsea are a big club now helped by £, same as Man City

Depends how far back people want to go but to me Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal are the 3 biggest clubs in England

Likes of City/Chelsea/Spurs aren’t any bigger than Leeds, they just happen to have financial backing

Chelsea are a bigger club than Dortmund.

Have you been sleeping for the last three years?

What do you mean?

It the last 3 seasons we've spent about £31m in transfer fees and £65m in player wages but only brought in about £5m in transfer fees.

Until we actually start selling players for a big profit like Dortmund and Benfica do you can't say we have the same business model as them. I think the last major profit we made on a player was selling Alan Hutton for £9m in 2008.

Agreed.

The 3 big clubs for me are Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal. Chelsea are closing the gap.

City are no bigger than Villa.

Every club is helped by big money today though - Liverpool, United, Arsenal the same as Chelsea these days - Arsenal not getting the same backing as the others and soon will be an also-ran - they have won 4 FA cups in the last 17 years and that's it. At what point do you start to compare them to Aston Villa (who actually have a European Cup under their belt) or Everton? The only differentiators between them today is that Arsenal have more money now.

With 5 league titles, 2 Champions leagues, 2 Europa leagues & 5 FA Cups, Chelsea have undoubtably been the most successful English team since Abramovic bought them - they were one John Terry penalty slip away from putting it out of sight!

Every club is helped by big money today though - Liverpool, United, Arsenal the same as Chelsea these days - Arsenal not getting the same backing as the others and soon will be an also-ran - they have won 4 FA cups in the last 17 years and that's it. At what point do you start to compare them to Aston Villa (who actually have a European Cup under their belt) or Everton? The only differentiators between them today is that Arsenal have more money now.

With 5 league titles, 2 Champions leagues, 2 Europa leagues & 5 FA Cups, Chelsea have undoubtably been the most successful English team since Abramovic bought them - they were one John Terry penalty slip away from putting it out of sight!

Cant argue with much of it but again that wasn’t really the guys point. There’s no doubt Abramovic has facilitated Chelsea’s rise and they’re a very successful team now

In 20/30 years time I think Chelsea/Man City will overtake Arsenal but still a long way to go before they can be discussed in a similar vein to Liverpool/Man Utd

Which they are not
I'd say BvB are a bigger club than Chelsea. Certainly Chelsea have more recent success but Dortmund are absolutely enormous. Chelsea are a mid sized club with a huge benefactor. I've been to Chelsea and like seeing them do well btw, so not just hating on them.

Cant argue with much of it but again that wasn’t really the guys point. There’s no doubt Abramovic has facilitated Chelsea’s rise and they’re a very successful team now

In 20/30 years time I think Chelsea/Man City will overtake Arsenal but still a long way to go before they can be discussed in a similar vein to Liverpool/Man Utd
No club in England will ever come near Utd/Liverpool.

Not even in 100 years.

Harry Kane is in a really tough position. Wants to leave but will cost a massive amount of money. When you consider his age and his injury problems why would you spend big money on him rather than Haaland or Mbappe? He is the third option for the clubs with the cash.

As a neutral I hope so, it would be much more interesting if the London clubs were stronger.

I think both Chelsea and Man City are ahead of Arsenal now.

None of them are ever likely to overtake Man Utd or Liverpool - one of the big problems with the London teams is that there are so many - Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Fulham, Brentford, Crystal Palace, QPR - and those are just the ones that have been in premier league in recent years. Yes the city is huge, but walking around the city you don't get a feel that any one team is that much bigger than the others, and as long as that persists they'll never have the same fanbase as a Utd/Liverpool where there are only 2 teams of note in the city.

What do you mean?

It the last 3 seasons we've spent about £31m in transfer fees and £65m in player wages but only brought in about £5m in transfer fees.

Until we actually start selling players for a big profit like Dortmund and Benfica do you can't say we have the same business model as them. I think the last major profit we made on a player was selling Alan Hutton for £9m in 2008.
I mean, as you well know, this is obviously the plan and model we have put in place.
It doesn't happen over night.
We have bought the 'prospects' and have lifted their values.
The last part being the inevitable starting to sell part.
So, did you miss all this or are you just trying to be obtuse?

This time of the year I take these type of rumours for what they are,guesswork and speculation.
When I see a player holding up a shirt and having signed a contract,then I get excited.
If it where to happen it would be a great signing though.

Back