Rangers announce £6,750,000 share offer to fans - Rangers shares have been issued

I'm going around the bend with this farce.
I deposited my cash on the 9th June and it still shows as "pending".

I emailed them screenshots of the withdrawals and they didn't reply.

They have now sent me a reminder for payment or I'll be unsuccessful with my application.

C unts are starting to annoy me big time.

I'm going around the bend with this farce.
I deposited my cash on the 9th June and it still shows as "pending".

I emailed them screenshots of the withdrawals and they didn't reply.

They have now sent me a reminder for payment or I'll be unsuccessful with my application.

C unts are starting to annoy me big time.
Shengus, you may remember I had the same problem. I spoke to them on line with their "can I help"button . I produced the screenshot and the chap cleared the transfer as we were speaking.

Apologies if this has been covered in the 17 pages of this thread, but is the minimum amount of shares that can be bought £500? Is there another way to buy them at a lower value through this launch?

I’ve transferred the funds into my current account but I’ve went on Tifosy and can’t see how I pay?

Do I need to deposit the £ into a portal then go through the purchase?

Apologies if this has been covered in the 17 pages of this thread, but is the minimum amount of shares that can be bought £500? Is there another way to buy them at a lower value through this launch?
£500 minimum but, as Suck has posted throughout this thread, you can get a group of you together - say 5 guys at £100 each - and buy in a single name then draw up some form of agreement to make sure said named person doesn't hog the shares. Once the shares are bought and all transactions finalised you can then split up the shares into 5 lots of £100 but there may be a charge for that.

I’ve transferred the funds into my current account but I’ve went on Tifosy and can’t see how I pay?

First place to start is usually by reading the FAQs.;):) Most appear to have done a bank transfer of funds into their Tifosy Wallet and then paid from there. Though it seems you can also pay via credit/debit card.

How can I pay for Shares?​

Payment for Shares can be submitted by credit or debit card, by bank transfer, cheque or by funds held within your Tifosy Wallet.

They sent me an email with their bank details (sort code and account number) and a unique reference number.
I just did a bank transfer to them.
Did it last Monday evening and got notified that the money was in my Tifosy wallet on the Tuesday morning.
Then when the shares went live on Friday,I used the drop down menu and chose to pay with the funds in my wallet.

Shengus, you may remember I had the same problem. I spoke to them on line with their "can I help"button . I produced the screenshot and the chap cleared the transfer as we were speaking.
They literally emailed me moments ago.
Apparently my name wasn't visible on the screenshot, so I had to shrink the page and resend.
Hopefully this sorts it.

Ordered yesterday and noticed £ out my account this morning

Fingers crossed I pass the vetting

£500 minimum but, as Suck has posted throughout this thread, you can get a group of you together - say 5 guys at £100 each - and buy in a single name then draw up some form of agreement to make sure said named person doesn't hog the shares. Once the shares are bought and all transactions finalised you can then split up the shares into 5 lots of £100 but there may be a charge for that.

Hopefully they don’t charge. I bought a few via Redmayne Bentley in February and split into another 2 names, wasn’t a charge.

Hopefully they don’t charge. I bought a few via Redmayne Bentley in February and split into another 2 names, wasn’t a charge.
That’s interesting mate. I bought my own shares through Redmayne a few years ago and would consider using them again. I’ve not spoken to them as I didn’t think they’d be able to source any shares right now. Out of interest, when you split the shares did you get them ‘certificated’, i.e. have the folk you transferred them to’s name on them? I recall paying an extra £25 or so to have my shares ‘certificated’ when I bought them.

That’s interesting mate. I bought my own shares through Redmayne a few years ago and would consider using them again. I’ve not spoken to them as I didn’t think they’d be able to source any shares right now. Out of interest, when you split the shares did you get them ‘certificated’, i.e. have the folk you transferred them to’s name on them? I recall paying an extra £25 or so to have my shares ‘certificated’ when I bought them.

Yeah, Redmayne were excellent. When I got the opportunity to buy I told him the intention was to buy for myself plus two others. He advised me to purchase in my name only to save broker fees and I think a certificate fee. Once I got the share certificate through in my name, I completed gift transfer forms for the other two folk and sent the certificate and transfer forms to the Link Group. Their own certificates came through last week (the transfer took about 5 weeks, I think slightly longer than normal due to current climate.) Anyway transfers complete at no cost and they both have certificates in their own name.

Should say, I added my name to their waitlist last December, shares became available to buy in February.

Yeah, Redmayne were excellent. When I got the opportunity to buy I told him the intention was to buy for myself plus two others. He advised me to purchase in my name only to save broker fees and I think a certificate fee. Once I got the share certificate through in my name, I completed gift transfer forms for the other two folk and sent the certificate and transfer forms to the Link Group. Their own certificates came through last week (the transfer took about 5 weeks, I think slightly longer than normal due to current climate.) Anyway transfers complete at no cost and they both have certificates in their own name.

Should say, I added my name to their waitlist last December, shares became available to buy in February.
Excellent. Thank you very much for the comprehensive answer. Will investigate further with Redmayne when the time is right.

Excellent. Thank you very much for the comprehensive answer. Will investigate further with Redmayne when the time is

Just checked the fees.

Initial charges were £17.50 commission, £15 bargain charge and £15 certificate charge. Then there was a further £15 charge to ‘withdraw the stock from Crest – which involves issuing a certificate to you.’

So total charges were £62.50, had I bought in the 3 names would’ve been £187.50.

Hope that helps. You will also find gift transfer forms on the RB website where you can download them.

Just checked the fees.

Initial charges were £17.50 commission, £15 bargain charge and £15 certificate charge. Then there was a further £15 charge to ‘withdraw the stock from Crest – which involves issuing a certificate to you.’

So total charges were £62.50, had I bought in the 3 names would’ve been £187.50.

Hope that helps. You will also find gift transfer forms on the RB website where you can download them.
Superb mate. You’ve been a huge help.

Just checked the fees.

Thanks for your posts RB, they have been very helpful, have used Redmayne Bentley in the past, and were very good to deal with.

Thousands of applications from almost 40 different countries already received.
The Rangers Share Offering will open for investment to the general public on Monday 21st June at 9 am.
www.tifosy.com/rangers

Will I find out if I was successful getting shares before that date? I assume if they’re offering any to the public then all the initial applications are ok?

Will I find out if I was successful getting shares before that date? I assume if they’re offering any to the public then all the initial applications are ok?
I’d say that’s a fair assumption. The share issue will go well but I reckon it will take several weeks to be fully subscribed. Plenty time yet for those currently unable to commit I think.

Up till now, the chance to apply for shares,was open to anyone who had pre-registered.
It is now open to anyone to apply for shares.
The deadline for Applications is 17:59 on Friday 16th July 2021. Applicants will be notified of whether or not their Application has been successful within 21 days of this date.
(If your Application is unsuccessful, in full or in part, the relevant amount of your investment will be returned to you within 21 days.)

Yes, the share issue was on a first come first serve basis. So if they're continuing past the preregistration period it means everyone who has applied so far is guaranteed.

Personally, I don't think they'll fulfill the entire allocation. Other than as an additional gift to the club, there really is no benefit to applying for more than 2000 shares for ordinary fans and I anticipate the vast majority of applications will be for that amount.

Yes, the share issue was on a first come first serve basis. So if they're continuing past the preregistration period it means everyone who has applied so far is guaranteed.

Personally, I don't think they'll fulfill the entire allocation. Other than as an additional gift to the club, there really is no benefit to applying for more than 2000 shares for ordinary fans and I anticipate the vast majority of applications will be for that amount.
If it sells out - and hopefully it does - I fancy it will take a good few weeks to do so. 10k punters at £500 a time still leaves us well short so its a hard sell on top of outlay on season tickets etc.

Should have thrown in some MyGers points and those who just HAVE to have maximum points would have been all over it.:)) (I'm kidding - before we go off topic).

If it sells out - and hopefully it does - I fancy it will take a good few weeks to do so. 10k punters at £500 a time still leaves us well short so its a hard sell on top of outlay on season tickets etc.

Should have thrown in some MyGers points and those who just HAVE to have maximum points would have been all over it.:)) (I'm kidding - before we go off topic).

Also not trying to take us off topic, but I wonder if it'd have been worth asking C1872 to underwrite it. Sure there must be enough in the pre/non legacy member pot that could be used to scoop up any left over shares in this issue.

Also not trying to take us off topic, but I wonder if it'd have been worth asking C1872 to underwrite it. Sure there must be enough in the pre/non legacy member pot that could be used to scoop up any left over shares in this issue.
I did wonder if anyone was formally underwriting it. Didn't look too closely at the documents though and I'm not sure if its required when doing it through Tifosy.

Looks like everyone that bought shares in the priority period will be successful

There have been over 4000 applications and shares are being offered to the public today. I assume if it had sold out completely that would not be necessary

Looks like everyone that bought shares in the priority period will be successful

There have been over 4000 applications and shares are being offered to the public today. I assume if it had sold out completely that would not be necessary
4000 applications at, let's say an average of £750, is only £3m. Long, long way to go if that's the case. Even further if the average take-up is below that. I suspect this issue will run for several weeks yet.

Where is the 4000 figure from?

4000 applications at, let's say an average of £750, is only £3m. Long, long way to go if that's the case. Even further if the average take-up is below that. I suspect this issue will run for several weeks yet.

It’s on an email from Tifosy on the public sale. Really difficult to predict what the average purchase would be, you would think the vast majority would be £500 or £1000 but there could be some big purchases bringing up the average.

“More than 4,000 applications for Shares were made during the Priority Period. The remaining Shares will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. If you would like to acquire Shares, please visit the Offering page today to avoid missing out”

I'd be surprised if there weren't at least a good few "average" fans sticking in far more than the minimum.

Understand you're just being convservative but I'd be guessing closer to £5m or so as a total but could see it not having a full uptake.

WIll be interesting to see if C1872 decided to buy a chunk of what is left.

I'd be surprised if there weren't at least a good few "average" fans sticking in far more than the minimum.

Understand you're just being convservative but I'd be guessing closer to £5m or so as a total but could see it not having a full uptake.

WIll be interesting to see if C1872 decided to buy a chunk of what is left.

I'd be surprised if that were the case.

I guess we'll never know, but there wasn't really any incentive to go above the minimum buy in.

I applied
Paid money on the 14th

Just had a waiting for payment email from them this morning

Checked bank
And its defo sent

Nothing is ever simple
Deep joy

I applied
Paid money on the 14th

Just had a waiting for payment email from them this morning

Checked bank
And its defo sent

Nothing is ever simple
Deep joy
Did you bank transfer to Tifosy Wallet and then select Tifosy Wallet as the means of purchase when buying the shares? I assume, in such a scenario, you wouldn't be able to make the purchase if the funds hadn't landed in your Tifosy Wallet.

Or did you do it by card, for example?

Did you bank transfer to Tifosy Wallet and then select Tifosy Wallet as the means of purchase when buying the shares? I assume, in such a scenario, you wouldn't be able to make the purchase if the funds hadn't landed in your Tifosy Wallet.

Or did you do it by card, for example?
Bank transfer
From my bank directly into their bank account as directed by their email

Bank transfer
From my bank directly into their bank account as directed by their email
Not seen the email mate. How do Tifosy then link your payment to your application? I assume there was a reference number or application number they gave you that would link the two together?

Did I read earlier that they had an online chat facility? I'm sure I read that someone had scanned in details of their bank transfer from their online banking and sent it via Chat and they managed to sort it out there and then. Maybe look back a few pages and check that.

I guess we'll never know, but there wasn't really any incentive to go above the minimum buy in.
I don't know mate, the number of fans who can fly in and out of Europe in the same day in Euro trips is staggering to me. There may not be the millionaires about but there will be hundreds individually and collectively as a RSC putting in mind blowing figures to the average fan and worker like myself

Aye, I'm keen to see where the total ends.

I think the huge majority of people will be just be keen to have a chance to attend the AGM etc or "be a part of things" and don't need to do any more than stick the £500 in to attain that.

There's just always a few here and there that are above that level. Only takes a few dumping a five figure sum who see it as more of an investment, than the likes of those above, to lift the total rapidly.

Last edited:
ffs, i failed the questionaire twice and i am now locked out for 24 hours - anyone help with answers to questionaire? all i want is to pay my money to purchase shares without being a financial guru - i know the money risks- just not up to speed on the termanoligy used in the questionaire

I don't know mate, the number of fans who can fly in and out of Europe in the same day in Euro trips is staggering to me. There may not be the millionaires about but there will be hundreds individually and collectively as a RSC putting in mind blowing figures to the average fan and worker like myself
Fair points. We'll see how it fills up.

ffs, i failed the questionaire twice and i am now locked out for 24 hours - anyone help with answers to questionaire? all i want is to pay my money to purchase shares without being a financial guru - i know the money risks- just not up to speed on the termanoligy used in the questionaire
Only advice I've seen on here is to always select what looks like the 'worst case' scenario as your answer. Nobody has actually posted the questions.

Next time you try (tomorrow) make a note of the questions and the answers you gave whilst you are completing it. If you get binned out again then post them here and seek advice.

Back