Emma Hayes (Chelsea laddies manager)

I like the cut of Emma Hayes’ gib, she knows her stuff, no the best looking of all the fe-male pundits, but when she talks you listen, she’ll be the first high profile wo-man manageress for a men’s team guaranteed! If I was a gambling man I’d have a wee wager on it ;)
Go watch her teams champions league final performance, I'm sure they were 4 down after about 20 minutes.

Have to be honest, she was irritating as hell last week when commentating on a game

got to about 60 odd minutes and turned the volume down very low so I didn’t need to listen to her boring voice

this argument has been done before but I don’t see a woman taking control of a men’s team and lasting very long. The respect just won’t be there

Have to be honest, she was irritating as hell last week when commentating on a game

got to about 60 odd minutes and turned the volume down very low so I didn’t need to listen to her boring voice

this argument has been done before but I don’t see a woman taking control of a men’s team and lasting very long. The respect just won’t be there
Totally agree this to be the case, what I’m saying is - in this day and age, someone will take a punt & when it does she’ll be at the front of the queue, she is knowledgeable, no denying, watch this space

Plenty people can talk a good game.

But actually being a manager - and and being a successful manager in the men's game - takes more than just talking a good game in a TV studio.
I don’t disagree, what I’m talking about is the inclusiveness we now have in society, if/when theres a woman in charge of a men’s team she’ll be front of the queue and rightly so, it’s gonna happen sooner rather than later bud

I'm not, what's she like?

Is this the hefty blonde lass?

You asked

AA9vGmvlURBB_xTH5SoWkzON4_1440x.958.jpg

I don’t think she’ll manage a men’s team based on her own expectation of the job she’d deserve. Was heavily linked with a job (possibly Wimbledon) last season and said ‘why would I leave Chelsea for a club like that). She ain’t getting a top job in men’s football.

I don’t think she’ll manage a men’s team based on her own expectation of the job she’d deserve. Was heavily linked with a job (possibly Wimbledon) last season and said ‘why would I leave Chelsea for a club like that). She ain’t getting a top job in men’s football.
Money and recognition talk, but all these woman, lbgt and bame pundits aren’t just in our TVs for the sake of it, Interesting and scary times ahead

Men's game is a whole different world.

The reality us that a men's team would not take to having a female manager. It just wouldn't work.
The basic bottom line. As sad as some think that may be.

a first requirement (for me) in a manager is that they have been there and done it. Not possible with female managers...unfortunately

I like the cut of Emma Hayes’ gib, she knows her stuff, no the best looking of all the fe-male pundits, but when she talks you listen, she’ll be the first high profile wo-man manageress for a men’s team guaranteed! If I was a gambling man I’d have a wee wager on it ;)

I heard that she knocked back the Tim's job after the boy Eddie and the Greek/Oz guy was the manager of last resort.

Gary Neville talks a good game. It doesn’t mean you are going to be a good coach.

As Gary Neville showed with his stint in Spain.
Hardly the only example. Almost every pundit is a failed manager or someone who was not confident enough to give it a go
Don't think there's ever been a case of a successful manager chucking it to go work in a tv studio

Arsene Wenger or god forbid the late great Bill Struth? Get where you’re coming from mate but unfortunately the time they are a changing
Add Arrigo Sacchi to that list.

Whether or not a woman will ever become a successful manager of a top football team, I don't know, but the idea that you have to have played at the highest level to manage at the highest level is utter pish.

Hardly the only example. Almost every pundit is a failed manager or someone who was not confident enough to give it a go
Don't think there's ever been a case of a successful manager chucking it to go work in a tv studio

Brian Clough? Terry Venables? Graeme Souness?

Back