Emma Hayes (Chelsea laddies manager)

Have to be honest, she was irritating as hell last week when commentating on a game

got to about 60 odd minutes and turned the volume down very low so I didn’t need to listen to her boring voice

this argument has been done before but I don’t see a woman taking control of a men’s team and lasting very long. The respect just won’t be there
That'll be the game where she didn't know why a shot rebounding off a post, hitting the keeper and then crossing the goal line was counted as an own goal.

You asked

AA9vGmvlURBB_xTH5SoWkzON4_1440x.958.jpg

I like the cut of Emma Hayes’ gib, she knows her stuff, no the best looking of all the fe-male pundits, but when she talks you listen, she’ll be the first high profile wo-man manageress for a men’s team guaranteed! If I was a gambling man I’d have a wee wager on it ;)
Has she had a sex change?

Souness ? If he went to the studio straight from us yeah but he wasn't a success down there.
I don't understand what you mean by a success when you mention that Souness wasn't a success in England.
By your criteria, there are very few successes ever in football management and 99% of them are failures.
Without checking, I am sure that Souness won an FA Cup and a Football League Cup in England.

Bearing in mind that there are only three main domestic trophies in any given year and 92 managers competing for them, and not the same 92 managers either as they change dramatically in the space of 12 months, I would conclude that Souness was probably in the top one or two percent over the space of the period he managed in England.

Are you in the top one or two percent in your profession?
Not many of us are of course, so I suspect that Souness was a lot of things during his stint as a manager in England, but 'a failure' would not be one of them, probably just not as successful as he would have expected of himself.

Yes they are.*

*maybe not all of them, but most of them.
Maybe didn’t word that correctly, I think there’s a bigger agenda at play, not sure exactly what, football programming seems to have had a clear out of the old guard, think it’s only a matter of time before we see it reflected in the game as well.

I like the cut of Emma Hayes’ gib, she knows her stuff, no the best looking of all the fe-male pundits, but when she talks you listen, she’ll be the first high profile wo-man manageress for a men’s team guaranteed! If I was a gambling man I’d have a wee wager on it ;)

she has been god awful on commentary.

I don't understand what you mean by a success when you mention that Souness wasn't a success in England.
By your criteria, there are very few successes ever in football management and 99% of them are failures.
Without checking, I am sure that Souness won an FA Cup and a Football League Cup in England.

Bearing in mind that there are only three main domestic trophies in any given year and 92 managers competing for them, and not the same 92 managers either as they change dramatically in the space of 12 months, I would conclude that Souness was probably in the top one or two percent over the space of the period he managed in England.

Are you in the top one or two percent in your profession?
Not many of us are of course, so I suspect that Souness was a lot of things during his stint as a manager in England, but 'a failure' would not be one of them, probably just not as successful as he would have expected of himself.

Looking at where the club's were when he took over to where he left them I'd say he wasn't a success. Any other football forum apart from a rangers one would probably say he wasn't successfull. That should be a rough guideline.

She reminds me of the woman that used to run the laundrette in eastenders, pauline..... agree she hasnt been great on tv but then which pundit has so many are scared to be controversial or are just quite boring the coverage ive seen has been very poor.

Im sure she could coach in mans game she might not want too though as shes probably already loaded and getting plenty tv work too.....Southgate has made it to England manager without doing anything the idea a burd couldnt coach in say the championship or league one is daft.

Just send me your money so it doesn't get wasted

Opening a can of worms hiding a female manager for the mens team, you wouldn't be able to sack her and the grief would be endless.

Opening a can of worms hiding a female manager for the mens team, you wouldn't be able to sack her and the grief would be endless.
Not worth doing then if Twitter won’t agree

Managers get sacked all the time. A woman will get a job eventually and the world won’t end.

Women’s football is the equivalent of probably 8 or 9 year old males. She’s has as much chance getting a big job in men’s football as the manager of your local pub team.

Women’s football is the equivalent of probably 8 or 9 year old males. She’s has as much chance getting a big job in men’s football as the manager of your local pub team.
This. Women's football is dreadful, absolutely awful, but we are being forced into accepting women as expert pundits. Honestly, if this is the case then I , and many on here, could get on TV as a pundit.

Hows a woman seriously going to hang around a men's dressing room with cocks etc dangling about? Never going to happen.

She reminds me of the woman that used to run the laundrette in eastenders, pauline..... agree she hasnt been great on tv but then which pundit has so many are scared to be controversial or are just quite boring the coverage ive seen has been very poor.

Im sure she could coach in mans game she might not want too though as shes probably already loaded and getting plenty tv work too.....Southgate has made it to England manager without doing anything the idea a burd couldnt coach in say the championship or league one is daft.

Imagine comparing Gareth Southgate to Emma Hayes. Lol

Hows a woman seriously going to hang around a men's dressing room with cocks etc dangling about? Never going to happen.
There will be fanny pads instead of shin pads tights instead of socks lying on the dressing room floor oh aye lots of hair in the shower plug hole disgusting so it’s a no from me.

Off on a tangent slightly but when John Robertson went on sick leave earlier this past season at Inverness (and Neil McCann took over) I thought it was the ideal situation for someone like Shelley Kerr to be given a chance to manage a mens team. It would have a win win for them

Off on a tangent slightly but when John Robertson went on sick leave earlier this past season at Inverness (and Neil McCann took over) I thought it was the ideal situation for someone like Shelley Kerr to be given a chance to manage a mens team. It would have a win win for them
It would have been a win win for them?

In what way?

box ticking? Sure.

having them finish as high up the league as possible? Probably not

not telling me Shelley Kerr is a better manager than Neil McCann surely?

I don’t disagree, what I’m talking about is the inclusiveness we now have in society, if/when theres a woman in charge of a men’s team she’ll be front of the queue and rightly so, it’s gonna happen sooner rather than later bud
Well she's built like a man so every chance you could be right

This. Women's football is dreadful, absolutely awful, but we are being forced into accepting women as expert pundits. Honestly, if this is the case then I , and many on here, could get on TV as a pundit.

Shelley Kerr is widely regarded on here as being a really good pundit. She makes more sense on Rangers TV than many male pundits. Today I had to suffer the misfortune of John Hartson - with 451 football appearances - talk so little sense that, if it was coming from a member of my family, I'd consider having them put into a home. Once you admit that some male pundits are better than other male pundits, and that some female pundits are better than other female pundits, your argument is up in smoke.

For what it's worth I'd drastically reduce the number of former footballers as pundits and dramatically increase the number of serious reporters and journalists. Experienced and successful football careers haven't stopped Robbie Savage, Martin Keown, Paul Merson, Rio Ferdinand, Danny Murphy, Michael Owen, Steve McManaman, Chris Sutton, Jermaine Jenas, Kevin Kilbane, Charlie Nicholas, Glenn Hoddle, Jamie Redknapp or Matt Le Tissier from contributing uninformed, ignorant and contradictory punditry on a variety of different channels. Chris Kamara has made a career out of not knowing what's going on in the games he's meant to be reporting on. Because banter, innit?

Go back to bed ffs!

Il be respectfull about it. Anyone who thinks a woman could handle a dressing room, has never been in one at any sort of reasonable level, nevermind professional. Would be an absolute disaster waiting to happen.

There are thousands of male football managers who fall into this category as well. Some of them have even managed at Rangers. Obviously, the relative merits of Walter or Pedro weren't discussed in terms of their respective genders - both being male, of course - but rather in terms of the respect they garnered from players. A female football manager would be a success if they managed that and a failure if they didn't. From what I can see, male footballers treat female officials better than they do their male counterparts.

Interestingly (and somewhat embarrassingly), the a-woman-wouldn't-be-fit-for-this-job is the kind of rhetoric that has often surrounded women being given jobs traditionally meant for men. It was also there when Margaret Thatcher became Prime Minister. That one turned out okay, didn't it?

Back