Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If absolutely does make sense if the loan player helps us win the league this year and guarantee is Champions League group stage income next year. The right player on loan is worth a significant loan fee this coming season.

It would have to be someone sensational to make it worthwhile. I just don't think we need a youth player on loan, for a fee, when they are usually inconsistent and take a few months to get used to scottish football. Then, by time up and running, we get a few months before sending them back.

We will agree to disagree but you can probably count on one hand the number of successful loans we have had.

Doesn't matter if he starts automatically or not he's got the most assists for us this season and his value should be marked accordingly

I agree. I just don't think he's worth 15m or we will get anywhere near that for him though. Ultimately though the market drives his value and he's only worth what a club is willing to pay for him irrespective of what daft guys like us on FF say.

To be fair he did leave when he was 16 and had never once played for our first team.

If he wasn't desperate to move then he could have stayed (at least for a couple of years)

His choice
There's no guarantee another club would turn up two years later with a similar life changing financial offer.

I can't imagine many people on this forum would turn down such an opportunity and think 'oh well I'm sure I'll get other offers like this later'.

I don't begrudge the lad moving. Shame we couldn't have got more cash though.

As for the rumour, I'd pay a loan fee for him but not megabucks.

I agree. I just don't think he's worth 15m or we will get anywhere near that for him though. Ultimately though the market drives his value and he's only worth what a club is willing to pay for him irrespective of what daft guys like us on FF say.

"£15m and he can't a regular start in the big games ? We'll get back to you"

Hagi's not a bad player. In fact, he's a very good one but what he lacks is an ability to change gears and is clearly not suited to our 4-3-2-1 formation. He'd also be one of the first we should cash in on if it means we can hold onto to more important ones like Alfie or Goldson for example.

Getting 9/10 million for him especially he wants to bugger off to Tokyo for the Olympics would be a decent bit of business for me.

Hagi's not a bad player. In fact, he's a very good one but what he lacks is an ability to change gears and is clearly not suited to our 4-3-2-1 formation. He'd also be one of the first we should cash in on if it means we can hold onto to more important ones like Alfie or Goldson for example.

Getting 9/10 million for him especially he wants to bugger off to Tokyo for the Olympics would be a decent bit of business for me.
“Ability to change gears”

What does this old cliche even mean? He doesn’t run around enough thundering into tackles? He’s an AM centre who unlocks defences with deft touches and slick passes etc, I’ll take that over blood n guts type

Selling Hagi for £10m would be a mistake, in my opinion. Much like Kamara, Aribo, Kent, Morelos, all of whom have had criticism in their time with us and been rated far lower than they are now, Hagi is developing nicely and will be seen by all of us as worth far more this time next year.

Most assists in the league despite not starting as many games as he’d like. Amazing that for someone who is ‘clearly’ not suited to how we play.

“Ability to change gears”

What does this old cliche even mean? He doesn’t run around enough thundering into tackles? He’s an AM centre who unlocks defences with deft touches and slick passes etc, I’ll take that over blood n guts type

No one is asking him to thunder into tackles.

He doesn't have a turn of pace to get away from defenders in the way Kent, Wright or even Aribo do. Everything is very one paced with him. A lovely passer of the ball and can see things others don't but especially in Europe if we're sitting in and hitting on the break in our formation I don't see him getting us up the park consistently enough in counter attack situations or transistions.

No one is asking him to thunder into tackles.

He doesn't have a turn of pace to get away from defenders in the way Kent, Wright or even Aribo do. Everything is very one paced with him. A lovely passer of the ball and can see things others don't but especially in Europe if we're sitting in and hitting on the break in our formation I don't see him getting us up the park consistently enough in counter attack situations or transistions.
What about all the games he helped go our way domestically with a goal or assist against teams who sit in where pace doesn’t really matter? The fact he isn’t the same as those you mention is actually a boost for us squad wise and you are grossly underestimating his contribution last season.

I'd say £12 million is the figure we would deal at.

If you got him in a more central role we would get more out of him some games he excels in some he doesn't that's why he's always in and out the team and I do feel certain games do pass him by his contribution can't be faulted but I don't feel we play to Hagi's strengths.

I'd say £12 million is the figure we would deal at.

If you got him in a more central role we would get more out of him some games he excels in some he doesn't that's why he's always in and out the team and I do feel certain games do pass him by his contribution can't be faulted but I don't feel we play to Hagi's strengths.

Probably better put than me. Perfectly suited to playing centrally behind one or two strikers

Probably better put than me. Perfectly suited to playing centrally behind one or two strikers
Play him centrally behind a striker with two pacey players coming inside such as Kent/Roofe/Aribo and you'll see a far better player we have never since day 1 played to the boys strengths he's a traditional central number 10 not a wide or inside 10.

It would have to be someone sensational to make it worthwhile. I just don't think we need a youth player on loan, for a fee, when they are usually inconsistent and take a few months to get used to scottish football. Then, by time up and running, we get a few months before sending them back.

We will agree to disagree but you can probably count on one hand the number of successful loans we have had.
There was a time when it suited our budget and talent levels but I think we’ve moved beyond that now.

You’d think he did nothing last season according to some of the posts. He was absolutely key in some games.
We are obviously going to have to sell someone.Ask yourself who you would rather lose,Hagi,Kent,Morelos,Goldson?

Hagi played well in the Arfield role in the last two games of the season. An admittedly small sample size but he can play as an 8 at a push. Very few teams play a traditional no10 anymore. So he's going to have to get better in a deeper position.

I wouldn't sell him this summer. Plenty more to come from him.

Joseph Okumu has signed for Gent. We were linked by the Swedish media but I always thought it was a little strange considering we have 6 CBs already.

Osayei-samuel would be a brilliant signing, absolutely no doubts that he would tear this league apart him on one side and Kent on the other would be sensational. I honestly think we will get him. We play hard ball now don’t just lump in right away.

And contributed a fair number of goals and assists in the league. 7 goals and 12 assists is not to be sniffed at. (Per Transfermarkt before the Stattos get their panties in a bunch)
I'm a firm believer in players that have an end product.I was quite critical of Kent not showing enough in his first season since signing permanently.

Both Roofe and Hagi provide end product and I'd want a lot of money to part with either.

I'm a firm believer in players that have an end product.I was quite critical of Kent not showing enough in his first season since signing permanently.

Both Roofe and Hagi provide end product and I'd want a lot of money to part with either.
Absolutely, Cav. Kent stepped up big time last season, and Roofe and Hagi were big contributors to the title.

It's as if folk don't understand the concept of development and sell at optimum value

Its also as if folk don't realise we are in the midst of a pandemic and running at a huge operating loss. It's also as if people don't realise Dave King himself said a few months ago selling players will be part of our model and it's critical we start trading players.

Our current model is not sustainable. We need a mixture of CL cash and/or player sales to start turning a profit or we need to cut our costs. It's pretty simple stuff.

If we can get a big fee for a guy who doesn't start the games that really matter 9/10 and it allows us to keep all our key players that makes sense to me.

Its also as if folk don't realise we are in the midst of a pandemic and running at a huge operating loss. It's also as if people don't realise Dave King himself said a few months ago selling players will be part of our model and it's critical we start trading players.

Our current model is not sustainable. We need a mixture of CL cash and/or player sales to start turning a profit or we need to cut our costs. It's pretty simple stuff.

If we can get a big fee for a guy who doesn't start the games that really matter 9/10 and it allows us to keep all our key players that makes sense to me.
Doesn't mean we sell players too early in their development.
I'd suggest Hagi at 22 has a fair bit to develop to maximise his potential. Selling players to sustain the model isn't disputed, the art is to sell at optimum value.

You’d think he did nothing last season according to some of the posts. He was absolutely key in some games.
No one is disputing that but he tends to drift in and out of games far too often and he isn't trusted by the management in certain games.

His stats are good and he has the potential to be a top player but we don't utilize him best that's fairly evident on occasions.

I've been critical of him but I'd love to see him centrally as a 10 behind the main striker that's his best position not coming off the right hand side.

Rangers ready £2.5m bid to sign Fenerbahce attacker Osayi-Samuel​

Rangers are set to open negotiations with Fenerbahce over a deal to sign Bright Osayi-Samuel in the coming days, according to Takvim.

osayi-samuel.jpg

Not sure if he's an absaloot yoonit - or just a yoonit.

Rangers ready £2.5m bid to sign Fenerbahce attacker Osayi-Samuel​

Rangers are set to open negotiations with Fenerbahce over a deal to sign Bright Osayi-Samuel in the coming days, according to Takvim.

osayi-samuel.jpg

Not sure if he's an absaloot yoonit - or just a yoonit.

When coach Steven Gerrard insists, Rangers management sends a representative to Istanbul for Samuel .

It was learned that Scottish representative Glasgow Rangers, who took Osayi Samuel to the list at the request of coach Steven Gerrard, will sit at the table with Fenerbahçe next week through their managers. It is claimed that Glasgow Rangers will come with an offer of 3 million Euros, while Fenerbahçe wants a testimonial of 4 million Euros.

Was the media that first mentioned the €3m bid Nigerian or Turkish?
All came from Turkish media similar stories of €4 million asking price to them not wanting to sell initially but being open to a loan to buy deal.

A few reports say the player is open to a move to us.

Seems they want to free up funds to boost there transfer fund to buy players for there new manager.

Rinse and repeat the above that's been the main talking points and the Nigerian media are now reporting similar.

Hagi is severely underrated but mainly on here , don't get the clamour to cash in on him.

Loads of development in him, hopefully with us.
100% a lot of folk forgetting around Christmas time/ January that he was making one match-winning contribution after another.
At a really critical time for our league winning aspirations he really stepped up and made a difference. I’d say he has the most potential out of any of the young players in our team- I’d rather sell Kamara, Aribo, Barasic than Hagi.

To replace the likes of Jones, Barker, Stewart, Murphy and Hastie and bring in Sakala, Osayi-Samuel and give Middleton another chance is a decent upgrade.

As long as the deal is right for Osayi-Samuel I would be for it.
Even then we would still have quite a lot in that area with Kent, Roofe, Itten, Wright, Sakala, Hagi and Osayi-Samuel essentially fighting over 2 positions.

I am not saying we should not pursue the deal, obviously it’s a massive upgrade on the players you have mentioned, just it’s a lot of players all the same.

To replace the likes of Jones, Barker, Stewart, Murphy and Hastie and bring in Sakala, Osayi-Samuel and give Middleton another chance is a decent upgrade.

As long as the deal is right for Osayi-Samuel I would be for it.

What we thinking with Kai Kennedy? Loan or involved? Doubt he signs that deal without promises of first team squad st some point.

What we thinking with Kai Kennedy? Loan or involved? Doubt he signs that deal without promises of first team squad st some point.
Think another loan move but maybe to a Dundee or Ross County meaning he's taking another step up in his development.

Sorry to ask this as probably covered but thread went massively off on a tangent. What type of player is Osayi-Samuel? A number 10 or a winger type?

I think one of the biggest benefactors of Rangers adding some genuine pace to the squad will be Ianis Hagi . He has the impulse, vision , and skills to cut teams open .

we already have Fashion Sakala coming and it’s quite possible more pace is on the wanted list .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back