Gilmour has covid - out of Croatia game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the reason the team are based in England because the rules on close contacts aren’t as strict?

If we were training in Scotland we probably wouldn’t have been able to field a team tomorrow.
Almost certain it is and why the Czechs and Croats fly in to Glasgow and then back to their own country straight after, despite the best lies and spin from the Natz this must the scenario thats scared off 2 nations from our Country

Disaster.

There’s no way he hasn’t had multiple close contacts either, although I have no idea how that system works.

Firstly - hopefully billy gets well soon

secondly - Clarke has just been given his excuse card and people will forget he never played him in first game

If there are no close contact rules in England, and it's obvious that he has been in close proximity to others, what's the point of having to isolate at all?!
There are close contact rules and people still have to isolate if for instance family member tests positive

Id guess that he has inhaled virus contaminated air, same as every other lady's front bottom on the planet!!!
Said similar to my mate !
I don't know mate, I also wonder how he caught a highly contagious norovirus that's infected an estimated 700 million and a 1/10th of the entire globe?!!

Been confirmed there is no close contacts.
They can say that, I’m sure the mincers initially claimed that after Dubai as well.

There’s a good chance that more will come out in the next 2/3 days. Billy must have caught it off someone in the camp surely?

Edit - just read the hotel base is open to the public.

Hopefully symptoms are mild and he's back up and running sooner rather than later. Couple of people I know caught it in November and are still struggling with the after effects.

A lot of people writing us off but we're at our best when our backs are against the wall.
Can have no symptoms and will still have to miss games. Fucking pointless the worst any of these players will have is a cough.

I don't really understand why more players haven't tested positive. With a 1% false positivity rate and thousands of tests being given, you would expect quite a few positive tests, even if there was no virus.

This just goes to show how important our game against the Czech Republic was. You need to do the job while it's in your hands and not now hope that we finish third. It was always a possibility that one (or many) players could test positive before a crucial third game.

Best wishes to Gilmour.

Seriously man, this is just typical. Hope just before the tournament, then pumped because our manager decides to be extremely negative, then a good result against a top 10 nation. Further hope and then our best player gets ruled out. This is Scotland in tournaments all over the back.

I don't really understand why more players haven't tested positive. With a 1% false positivity rate and thousands of tests being given, you would expect quite a few positive tests, even if there was no virus.

1% false positive rate, I think the false positive rate is quiet high. From my wifes work I have known of a couple who have done the PCR tests, had two positives and then went that day and got a negative from the main test centres.

In the normal world everyone in that dressing room would be considered a close contact
Exactly mate. I'm sure folk will claim there's no comparison but we're all humans.

My son had to isolate and stay off school because he was at after care for a few hours one day whilst outside the whole time and another wee guy apparently tested positive.

The whole thing is a total mess.

Yes but that's obviously absolute bulsh** - do UEFA just accept Scotland written report, i.e. "He wasn't near anyone" and that's accepted?
As others have alluded too, I think it’s because the squad are based in England - if they were in Scotland then there would be others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back