Gilmour has covid - out of Croatia game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how that can be possible....
A lot of the rules make little sense.

Probably as long as everyone has been wearing masks and adhering to social distancing whilst indoors then there will be deemed no close contacts.

Gilmour's got COVID, and no close contacts? How?

Did Mason Mount leave it behind in Billy's back pocket?

As others have alluded too, I think it’s because the squad are based in England - if they were in Scotland then there would be others.
Yep, and apparently there were no official close contacts for the John Fleck one too. Scotland erred on the side of caution at that time because it was just friendlies the other players would miss. That was because Spains rules are more relaxed than ours too.

Seems very odd that UEFA just say "Okay, if you say so...." but it is a get out of jail card for Scotland.
It’s not just applicable to Scotland though.

Kulusevski and Svander tested positive whilst with the Sweden squad, and nobody else had to isolate either.

Don't see how there can be no close contact. Half of that England team are still in his back pocket from Friday.

BFA6-D7-DC-59-D2-45-B6-9537-8430059-D6-D5-F.jpg
Examples of close contact include:

• face-to-face contact under 1 metre for any length of time – including talking to them or being coughed on
  • being within 1 metre of each other for 1 minute or longer
  • being within 2 metres of each other for more than 15 minutes in total in 1 day
I doubt he that he hasn’t talked to anyone else that close aswell. Do they get away with it because it’s outside?

• face-to-face contact under 1 metre for any length of time – including talking to them or being coughed on
  • being within 2 metres of each other for more than 15 minutes in total in 1 day
I doubt he that he hasn’t talked to anyone else that close aswell. Do they get away with it because it’s outside?
Where are those c&c examples taken from out of interest?

Couldn;t make it up really, could you. Gutted for the boy after a cracking performance and grabbing the spotlight the other night.

That said, he's on a pretty clear trajectory in his career where he won't be short of big tournament appearances.

I would have thought that players in the EPL have all been vaccinated sometime last year, TBH. Not least the international chaps.

Doggy style is fine then

I would have thought that players in the EPL have all been vaccinated sometime last year, TBH. Not least the international chaps.
Can you not imagine outrage that young, incredibly fit chaps would be getting it before sections of the public that are more at risk? :))

That said, I don’t doubt a few of them with health issues have already had theirs.

Wonder when he tested positive? They only go back 48 hours when looking for close contacts don't they? The other question would be, if he's in the team bubble and they are secured at the training camp, who has he caught it from?

Ok mate. Must be different rules for sportsme then as the other poster said if that was the general public there would be a load told to isolate as well.

Though in saying that discounting people who have been hugging and talking literally face to face seems a bit of a stretch.
It certainly won't look good if Mount or Chilwell test positive. The rest of the England players didn't get near him all day, so they'll be fine.

Yes but that's obviously absolute bulsh** - do UEFA just accept Scotland written report, i.e. "He wasn't near anyone" and that's accepted?
They might not accept Scotland’s word but they have to go by the rules in the country which are enforced by public health England . If they accept Scotland’s words about no close contacts then not much uefa can do

Hope the boy is OK but they can say there are no close contacts is beyond me .think as the day goes on there will be a few more missing sadly .

Can you not imagine outrage that young, incredibly fit chaps would be getting it before sections of the public that are more at risk? :))

That said, I don’t doubt a few of them with health issues have already had theirs.
Yeah ... but this is the world of football, not the normal world. The rage would end a couple of weeks down the line ...

BTW (and not exactly on topic), our company was doing the security at various Berlin vaccination centres and from day one, quite a few people did not turn up on the day, so all remaining "open" doses on that day were put into people at hand, so many of the security and other present staff were done with their double vaccination in January et al. IIRC, Britain started the vaccination much much earlier than we did.

It is crazy. A kid in a primary school gets it and the whole class and half their street are isolating, but footballers who have meals together, play table tennis and share changing rooms aren't in close contact.

I'd love to have heard Test and Protect's call with Steve Clarke on this one.

Hope the boy is OK but they can say there are no close contacts is beyond me .think as the day goes on there will be a few more missing sadly .
If the team has been following the covid protocols there shouldn’t be any close contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back