Gilmour has covid - out of Croatia game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Celtics close contacts from Dubai were used once team were back in Glasgow and wanting to play a match.

Once the Scotland team enters Glasgow and wants to play a match its surely, loosely, the same thing.
Didn’t Jullien test positive after they had got back from Dubai? Gilmour tested positive in England and I presume will stay in England while the rest of the squad travel to Hampden.

The rules are stupid. Because BG has been popped today he has to isolate for 10 days, even if he tests negative for the next 10 days?

Theres evidence of him being in close contact with multiple other England and Scotland players, who can all carry on because they tested negative today. And as long as they don’t return a positive test on one of the days they are tested, it’s all good.

What’s the point?

Didn’t Jullien test positive after they had got back from Dubai? Gilmour tested positive in England and I presume will stay in England while the rest of the squad travel to Hampden.
But they are now entering Glasgow and the Czech and Croat teams refused to train here due to the same regulations that did for Celtic. Celtics contacts in Dubai were used by NHS Greater Glasgow.

You may be correct its only triggered if the initial positive happens in Glasgow area.

We will wait and see.

Reactions: Moz
The rules are stupid. Because BG has been popped today he has to isolate for 10 days, even if he tests negative for the next 10 days?

Theres evidence of him being in close contact with multiple other England and Scotland players, who can all carry on because they tested negative today. And as long as they don’t return a positive test on one of the days they are tested, it’s all good.

What’s the point?
Its the footballing Gods picking on poor wee Scotland mate. ;) I blame Nippy for annoying them.

%^*& does Ronaldo know
Well considering he gets tested on a regular basis...I'd suggest he knows a bit about them. Numerous football players have questioned the accuracy of these tests.
Didn't Charlie Adam test positive then had 2 negative tests afterwards also.

Also this just makes it look like they made up their decisions all season as they went along in regards to Covid.

Haha, it's my hope. We don't actually if it's that group anyway. Also unlikely Scotland and Sweden will both win. I'd be happy with that scenario though.
If I was to pick a group to face in last 16 it would prob be that group . The favs Spain don’t look unbeatable and a last 16 against a Sweden or Poland or hell a Slovakia would be a massive chance at a quarter final

Clarke said Odonnell was MOM against England.

So he will pull the team through again surely.
Is there an award for the best Turd Polisher of the tournament. O Donnell was actually quite good but not in top 5 in the match or is it the award for the most unexpected performance that he is talking about

A 10 day isolation period would see Gilmour - and any close contacts that subsequently come to light - miss the last 16 tie in the event that Scotland make it through as well.

I'm still not clear how there aren't any close contacts within the squad, given they are holed up together in a hotel, but I'm sure they will be quizzed on it by our media. Maybe.

Given there seems to be a fair number who don’t show any symptoms or even positive tests for a period of days after contracting the virus, it does bring the viability of all this immediate testing into question.

What is a close contact? Are we actually meant to believe Billy didn’t have any?

This is from the NHS website and is very hard to belive there is no close contacts.

Examples of close contact include:
  • face-to-face contact under 1 metre for any length of time – including talking to them or being coughed on
  • being within 1 metre of each other for 1 minute or longer
  • being within 2 metres of each other for more than 15 minutes in total in 1 day

SFA Covid protocols are clearly pish

How many times now have Scotland and U21’s been breached and meant multiple players and coaches have caught Covid via the team and support bubble ?

Seems they can’t control it and clearly they are doing something wrong

It’s happened too often for bad luck. It’s incompetence

Well considering he gets tested on a regular basis...I'd suggest he knows a bit about them. Numerous football players have questioned the accuracy of these tests.
Didn't Charlie Adam test positive then had 2 negative tests afterwards also.

Are you insinuating that Ronaldo and numerous other footballers have built up their medical or immunology intelligence, on the back of getting a few tests, that now makes them experts in this field of science? Interesting theory :))

Shame for Billy an Scotland. Can still get the job done with a bit of luck on our side.

Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Wee Nippy will be working on blaming the English and Westminster.
You’ll get something like ‘If the protocols had been as strong in England as they are in Scotland, then this unfortunate contagion in the Scotland camp may have been prevented’

Caught in England , wonder how many tartan trannies have brought Covid back ...we all know how clever the Covid is, according to some it can differentiate between Leicester sq,.and George sq. depending on the fans attire and whatever flag they wave .Will we see Krankie bring this up in her daily bulletin.Still not one word of condemnation from Krankie , Harvie or that other wee leprechaun Dornan regarding the unacceptable vile behaviour of the fans , fighting with the police and the locals, rubbish left. Chanting IRA songs .The SNP should be called out for not doing enough.

Just talked to a woman who said her 20 something son and 10 pals went to London. Few of them felt a bit shit after returning and 5 tested positive. So when the covid rates shoot up in a week or so who will Sturgeon blame? Obviously it is her fault, but no way will she admit it.

Are you insinuating that Ronaldo and numerous other footballers have built up their medical or immunology intelligence, on the back of getting a few tests, that now makes them experts in this field of science? Interesting theory :))

Shame for Billy an Scotland. Can still get the job done with a bit of luck on our side.
No...that's just you putting words into my mouth trying to make me sound silly. People like you ruin this forum.

What I am insinuating is that many footballers have raised concerns regarding the accuracy of these tests. False positives is a thing, that's not a theory, it's a fact.

Yup.

Guy at my work tested positive a couple months back and he named his full shift as 'close contacts' and they were all told to isolate. The gaffers went apeshit at him. Basically saying that none of them could be close contacts as they should have been following rules in terms of social distancing, face coverings etc and if they didn't all get in to work they would be in bother.

We all know that it's complete pish but, this is how they get around it.
Same in my place mate.

Gilmore or no Gilmore , Scotland weren’t beating Croatia . We will , sadly , be the only team papped out without scoring a single goal in all three games , no amount of bigging up a 0-0 draw with England can polish what has been another national embarrassment on and off the park . If Clarke had picked a team to win the game against Czechs then it could and should have been different . But we are scotland and we do what we do .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back