Man City make bid for Harry Kane

They should accept that.

You have the likes of Mbappe, Haaland, Sancho, Lukaku that could all potentially move this season. Why would they spend more money on a player that's 27 and already has repeated injury problems?

It's not as if Kane is the only good striker available. There are much better options available.

They should accept that.

You have the likes of Mbappe, Haaland, Sancho, Lukaku that could all potentially move this season. Why would they spend more money on a player that's 27 and already has repeated injury problems?

It's not as if Kane is the only good striker available. There are much better options available.

Haaland and Mbappe would/will for more than £100m, possibly Sancho also.

If anything Lukaku might be a decent purchase if Inter sell on the cheap side due to their well publicised financial issues.

If anything Lukaku might be a decent purchase if Inter sell on the cheap side due to their well publicised financial issues.
Haaland had the £70m clause next season tho

27 isn't old nowadays either. City would have him for his peak years and could easily get 6 or 7 years of service out of him.

Not if Chelsea get Haaland/Lukaku and Hakimi.

Kane is world-class and probably still the second-best striker in the world, but going by his Euros performances he needs a proper break.

Time will tell. Chelsea still need to prove they can win get 90-100 points over the course of a full season.

Can I ask what your definition of a bidding war is?

Both clubs need a striker, both clubs able and willing to pay big £

City offering players + £ suggests they value him higher than £100m. Man Utd need a top striker if they want to compete for the title any time soon

Can see him eventually going for £120m+

Both clubs need a striker, both clubs able and willing to pay big £

City offering players + £ suggests they value him higher than £100m. Man Utd need a top striker if they want to compete for the title any time soon

Can see him eventually going for £120m+

Man Utd just signed Cavani for another 12 months and are close to signing Sancho. That will be them for this summer in attacking areas.

Kane isn't exactly going to want to work with Ole over Pep either.

The point is that there are better options out there if you are wanting to spend that amount of money. And Tottenham are wanting more than £100m too.

Haaland had the £70m clause next season tho

True, but if there is a bidding war this window (which I would expect) clubs will have to pay a premium to get him now which I would think would push him north of £100m.

Spurs will want to deal with a team outside of the UK. The only realistic prospects for that would be PSG or Real Madrid. They'd probably take a lower transfer fee from Real than the one they'd eventually settle for from Man City.

Not if Chelsea get Haaland/Lukaku and Hakimi.

Kane is world-class and probably still the second-best striker in the world, but going by his Euros performances he needs a proper break.
If he had pace he would be genuinely world class for me he's a level below it.

Kane will score shit loads at Man City but if your looking long term it should be Haaland.

Mbappe would probably cost nearer to £200m though. But agree both are better than Kane.

He might, but Spurs are asking for more than £100m. So lets say they value him at £150m. It would, IMO, be worth the extra £50m for City to buy potentially the best striker in the world, a striker that will give them a lot longer service than Kane, one with a better recent injury record as Kane has missed a load of games every season for a few years now.

Kane was rubbish against scotland therefore he's no good. :rolleyes:

Even Messi has had shit games. Kane is one of the world's top strikers and has proved he can score a barrel load of goals in the premier League. He would be a fantastic signing for city or utd.

Some may disagree but for me Alfredo Morelos is better than Kane . £100 million for Kane , is someone having a laugh here ? You could get Morelos for £20 million and save £80 million and get a younger , better player .
Or get Lyndon Dykes and save 97 million. Get on the phone to pep mate.

Kane was rubbish against scotland therefore he's no good. :rolleyes:

Even Messi has had shit games. Kane is one of the world's top strikers and has proved he can score a barrel load of goals in the premier League. He would be a fantastic signing for city or utd.
I'm not disagreeing and his stats back it up but whenever I watch him I'm never impressed. I don't know what it is,maybe it's because he doesn't go by players, looks slow. I honestly can't put my finger on it. He's just someone I can't take to

Back