Man City make bid for Harry Kane

Some may disagree but for me Alfredo Morelos is better than Kane . £100 million for Kane , is someone having a laugh here ? You could get Morelos for £20 million and save £80 million and get a younger , better player .

You are surely at the wind up. :D

The amount of people on here who insinuate Harry Kane is pish actually blows my mind. Even for FF's standards, it's an off the scale opinion to hold.
Not a 100 million player to me when you consider who else you could get for that. To pay that kind of money anyway is lunacy, especially if he's injury prone.

You are surely at the wind up. :D
I’ve watched plenty of Kane and even more of Morelos . Morelos for me is the better footballer . Just because he doesn’t play in England I won’t allow it to sway my opinion . £100 million for Kane is absolute joke . I like Kane he’s decent but not worth near that sum .

Some may disagree but for me Alfredo Morelos is better than Kane . £100 million for Kane , is someone having a laugh here ? You could get Morelos for £20 million and save £80 million and get a younger , better player .
Oh come on !

I'm not disagreeing and his stats back it up but whenever I watch him I'm never impressed. I don't know what it is,maybe it's because he doesn't go by players, looks slow. I honestly can't put my finger on it. He's just someone I can't take to
Not speedy but an amazing finisher, great link up, can head it, can make assists etc.

But I've had players everyone rated that I didn't get in the past. I always thought Clarence Seedorf and Frank Ribery seemed useless anytime I saw them but they seemed to do alright in their careers!

I’ve watched plenty of Kane and even more of Morelos . Morelos for me is the better footballer . Just because he doesn’t play in England I won’t allow it to sway my opinion . £100 million for Kane is absolute joke . I like Kane he’s decent but not worth near that sum .

If we had Harry Kane up front last year instead of Morelos would we have scored more goals, or less?

If we had Harry Kane up front last year instead of Morelos would we have scored more goals, or less?
He’s have maybe scored more but wouldn’t have created as many . I much prefer watching Morelos in his pomp than Kane .

Paying over 100 million for a 28 year old Kane when you could get a four years young Morelos for a fraction of the price strikes me as nuts .

Last edited:
See some tims tweeting .....it's endearing they think they're on a level pegging with the Spurs and Man .city 's

I'm probably going to catch hell for this but I think he's a luxury and vastly overrated.

He strikes me as a solid EPL diddy slayer and that's about it.

In his prime. I’d be worried about his injuries and overall fitness.
Question his how long you get of his prime at that age, especially given those injuries? I think it's too much for him given there are younger options out there but the amount of money the top teams in the premiership makes these days probably means that even if they spent £100 and somehow only got 2 great seasons out of him then it's worth it to them.

100 million... o_O ...makes no sense.

Pep must see something there that a lot of us dont.

Mind you his track record in football management is far, far better than mine

They should accept that.

You have the likes of Mbappe, Haaland, Sancho, Lukaku that could all potentially move this season. Why would they spend more money on a player that's 27 and already has repeated injury problems?

It's not as if Kane is the only good striker available. There are much better options available.
He's just had the best season of his career from a personal pov.

previously I’ve heard that one reason clubs may go for Kane before hallaand (sp?) and or mbappe (sp?) is that Kane knows English football and been successful in the EPL And Wouldn’t need time to settle. Where as the other two are unknowns

He's just had the best season of his career from a personal pov.

He is a great player, I agree mate. And worth a lot of money. But I think if you are going to spend an enormous amount of cash on a striker there are better options.

Reactions: TQ3
When fit he's brilliant.
Most clubs might baulk at spending that kind of money on a player with consustent ankle problems.

Man City won't care.

They should accept that.

You have the likes of Mbappe, Haaland, Sancho, Lukaku that could all potentially move this season. Why would they spend more money on a player that's 27 and already has repeated injury problems?

It's not as if Kane is the only good striker available. There are much better options available.
They are all a step up from even a fit Kane

Morelos better than Kane

Just when you think FF has peaked a new belter comes along
To be fair, I think it's a better opinion than "he was poor on friday so he must be shite".

That said, I'm sure Pep will continue with his attempt to sign him, in spite of the experts of FF suggesting otherwise.

Is Levy smoking crack? How is he supposed to try and keep a player who doesn’t want to be there and wants to be in a team that wins things not a team that flatters to deceive once every 4 years

Edit: I realize he has 3 years left on his Spurs contract but again how can you force a player to stay if his mind is set on a move?

Not a 100 million player to me when you consider who else you could get for that. To pay that kind of money anyway is lunacy, especially if he's injury prone.

Who could you get for £100m who is better? Mbappe has been mentioned, he would cost you double that (and is more of a wide player than a Striker anyway).

Haaland is younger and maybe makes a lot of sense as a better longer term bet than Kane but right now, Kane is a better fit for City as he's a far better player technicaly than Haaland. The only thing Kane lacks really is genuine pace but at Man City 99% park the bus against them so there's no space to run in behind anyway (which would suit Haaland more).

Kane would be utterly sensational in this Man City team.

Levy must seriously consider resigning now.

He’s made a mess of the last two managerial appointments and they are now stuck in this position with Kane.

With his injury record, that offer must be under consideration (a move to city could work though as he wouldn’t play as many games and they could manage his playing time)

If he had pace he would be genuinely world class for me he's a level below it.

Kane will score shit loads at Man City but if your looking long term it should be Haaland.

Kane is a great penalty box finisher but in the top, top teams you need to be more than that to get game time.

Kane now looks like he is in need of a mobility scooter to get about the pitch - whether he is carrying an injury or simply the injuries have caught up with him is anyone's guess.

I certainly wouldn't be paying £100 million to find out ...

They should be going for haaland.

Definitely, but my thinking here is that they need to have X amount of English players in their squad and that ticks a box that Haaland doesn't. I think that's the reason why some players like Joe Hart move to bigger clubs like Tottenham when they struggled to get a game for the likes of Burnley, it's possibly down to squad registration rules.

I don’t really see Kane as a fit at Man City. I could see him frustrating Pep with his shots from distance etc.

Think he would have been better for Utd personally.

I have nothing against Man City, been down to watch them a few times when they were pesh, quite a few of their fans like Rangers.... i think next season they are going to struggle and would bet against them winning the league. I know there will be a couple more outrageous fees paid for overrated players and City are not the only club doing it but i expect a tough year with Liverpool, Chelsea and maybe even Man Utd involved.

Its interesting the amount of credit Pep gets for every decision he makes, everything is perfect its just so beautiful it really is i cant wait to see Kane in light blue.....no one else in world football could have decided to sign him for crazy amounts of cash in the same situation as Pep, having blown their one and only chance to win the CL losing the tactical battle and not been able to manage even a goal against a Chelsea side in transition.:))

Back