Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Must be the ring's code of silence at play.

All guilty, but to what extent is the question.

A few thousand on an anti *eltic paedophile march should cause quite some anxiety among the perps, along with those in authority refusing to take action.

The cover up is blatent and unless it attracts more publicity, justice will remain stymied.

You can see why we went outside Scotland years ago to achieve publicity.

The cult are trying to ignore it.

People such as Adrian Goldberg & Sonia Poulton have done more than the SMSM combined.

You can see why we went outside Scotland years ago to achieve publicity.

The cult are trying to ignore it.

People such as Adrian Goldberg & Sonia Poulton have done more than the SMSM combined.

Grigo what’s happened to Marc Horne at The Times ?

Him and The Times seem to have gone very quiet on this topic unless I’ve missed their articles ?

A few months ago they were all over this scandal but appear to have backed off

Justice and democracy in this backwater left the building long time ago.
The bias and corruption are palpable.

For evil to succeed it takes good men to do nothing.

There are many a good person trying their utmost to secure justice only to be stonewalled by the authorities and the dark forces at play, to protect that heinous institution.

From government to plod to the COPS they should hang their heads in shame, but that would take a conscience.

Relatives in Canada where only telling me about this the other day....
"KAMLOOPS, British Colombia, June 9, 2021 (LifeSiteNews) – The sad discovery of 215 unmarked child graves found at the Kamloops Indian Residential School has led to much sorrow and outrage, as well as stinging attacks against the Catholic Church."

I ask, why is it that governments across the planet are so quick to deflect and protect the RC church from such criminal behaviour. The impartiality and diligence of the justice system seems to leave the building when it comes to that heinous institution.

I recall an article from over 10 years ago from a Canadian commentator whose investigations led to him estimatimating that over half a million child natives are thought to have been abused and butchered, burnt or buried in unmarked graves across the country. Government in denial and documents uncovered that the British government complicit in the cover up. Sweep sweep.

I suppose governments don't posses a moral compass. Goes with the job by the looks of it and just play the joker from the pack when it comes to the RC church.

Last edited:
Dornan senior allowed his son to continue to train and play at CBC despite knowing abuse allegations were being made FFS

As a parent I’d have removed my son asap but this little creep let his son play at CBC a because he plainly a bigot with no morals and not concerned about his sons safety

I would also have reported the abuse allegations to the police

Dornan is scum
Probably more prostituting his son in the hope he made the grade at Parkhied and the free complimentaries for every home game. Now as we all know and let us not kid anyone on that celtic are and always will be an Oirish Catholic organisation for the benefit of their own secular family so if Dormant is to uphold his part with with the Hag and Findlay when he knew of the abuse allegations why not contact Plod he has their number to enquire about Tim Tock videos and chase up the Anti Catholic abuse of these boys or did Torbett & Co only prey on non Catholics?

Grigo what’s happened to Marc Horne at The Times ?

Him and The Times seem to have gone very quiet on this topic unless I’ve missed their articles ?

A few months ago they were all over this scandal but appear to have backed off
In cases like this the press will be restricted in what they can print. For example the defence lawyers could get their client off on a technicality.
Basically if any previous convictions are mentioned then it could be said that the accused isn’t receiving a fair trial. As daft as it sounds it’s the way the law works.
You will also notice that it’s not only The Times but also other press outlets aren’t mentioning the upcoming trial.
You will also notice Spotlight blanking out a certain name. When the trial gets underway then I think you will see more coming out. The press will not want to jeopardise the case in any way which I know you’ll agree makes sense.

Here’s another excellent piece by Rick Roberts. For those of you that haven’t read Rick’s work on this subject previously then I urge you to do so..

Very strong. I've had a wee JD too much after a good day's golf to put this into my own words and send to the local MSP (who lives in Broughty Ferry, works in Edinburgh and has an office in Pollok and hasn't replied to an email I sent in February), but will do over the weekend. Will it do any good? Answers on a postcard....

One other thing... BN94 and GY. I can only speak for myself, but I'll bet there's loads of people on here that would like to thank you for everything you're doing here. I might not contribute anything to the thread in an active way, but like many others, it's the first thread I look for every night. Some of the things I've read and some of the videos I've seen make me so angry (and there's a lot I couldn't watch). Now a grandad and obviously my kids have grown up with no harm as far as I know, but my heart breaks for some of the stories I've seen/read on here.

Probably more prostituting his son in the hope he made the grade at Parkhied and the free complimentaries for every home game. Now as we all know and let us not kid anyone on that celtic are and always will be an Oirish Catholic organisation for the benefit of their own secular family so if Dormant is to uphold his part with with the Hag and Findlay when he knew of the abuse allegations why not contact Plod he has their number to enquire about Tim Tock videos and chase up the Anti Catholic abuse of these boys or did Torbett & Co only prey on non Catholics?
No, there are several victims who were RC.

The day the SNP announced Sporting Organisations and the R.C. Church would be exempt in investigations summed up the entire thinking of our corrupt country . Their reason was it would be too time consuming . ??? All these politicians and others in authority building barriers , should be brought to justice along with the perpetrators....
Seems like a good reason for separate independent investigations into each! But that's too logical and would bring about the opposite result that they seek in reality.

Dornan has claimed plenty of times that he would assist victims. As you’ve seen recently he’s let Gordon Woods down on another promise and blocked his Twitter account.
He was also approached by Adrian Goldberg on the 25th of August last year. Adrian received a standard auto reply.
Strange stance for a father of a child that played for cbc while the beasts were operating.
The SNP are riddled with apologists.

Dornan has claimed plenty of times that he would assist victims. As you’ve seen recently he’s let Gordon Woods down on another promise and blocked his Twitter account.
He was also approached by Adrian Goldberg on the 25th of August last year. Adrian received a standard auto reply.
Strange stance for a father of a child that played for cbc while the beasts were operating.
I hope one day that those MPs who have blocked or ignored survivors/ victims are called out in the inquiry. Absolutely disgraceful behaviour from those who are meant to serve the citizens of this country. And even more so, it is disgusting on a human level.

Dornan is a thoroughly disgusting little creep of a man ....the duplicity pours out of him

Just what are his motives in doing this?

Why would anyone in their right mind...especially Dornan and the position he holds be protecting paedophiles and those who enabled them?

Just what are his motives in doing this?

Why would anyone in their right mind...especially Dornan and the position he holds be protecting paedophiles and those who enabled them?
Could simply be the RC church have a quite word with him, and tell him that they will be putting their resources behind him to ensure that he is re-elected. However, in return he needs to ensure that the club and the RC church are not implicated in the CSA scandal.

I'm terrible at throwing out magazines.
The Canadian posts reminded me of Nexus magazine. Had to dig it out.

It was the Spring 2002 issue that had an article on the deaths in the schools in Canada. From the late 1800s onwards.
Covered RC, United church and Anglican schools with help from the Bureau of Indian Affairs.

Twenty years and the families are probably no further forward.

I wrote to my mp 24/5/21………
“The SFA report into sexual abuse in Scottish football has been released for some time now.
We had previously been told by the Scottish Government that nothing could be done until the SFA report was published.
What happens now?
Celtic FC knew about the abuse and even allowed Paedophiles back to continue their abuse.
Will the club be punished?”

I received a reply today on behalf of “the minister” (unnamed)……….

SCOTTISH PARLIAMENT

WRITTEN ANSWER

21 June 2021
Index Heading: Health and Social Care

Siobhian Brown (Ayr) (Scottish National Party): To ask the Scottish Government what action it anticipates will be taken against football clubs in light of the Scottish Football Association's Report of the Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football.

S6W-00594

Maree Todd: The Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football was commissioned by the Scottish FA Board in late 2016 and began work in the first quarter of 2017. In summary the terms of reference (developed in conjunction with some survivors) were to examine what was known at the time of the abuse in Scottish Football, who knew and what action was taken as a result.

The purpose of the Review was not to find fault or to attribute blame but rather was about learning from the experiences of the past with a view to improving the way that Scottish football assures the safety, rights and wellbeing of children involved in the game today where necessary. This is set out at para 1.2 of the full report when it says “the Review is not concerned with attributing culpability or liability” and further “Attributing blame and engaging in a finger-pointing exercise is not helpful and is almost always unproductive, detracting from ensuring that the right change takes place with the commitment of us all” and “the narrative of ‘failure’ and ‘blame’ is one which the Review is keen to resist in order to focus on learning and improvement which is of more productive value.”

The Review accepts that knowledge and practices were markedly different in the past than they are now, and recognises the recent efforts of the Scottish FA and its members to put in place a Child Protection and Wellbeing Strategy. It makes clear that continued culture change is imperative – this includes continuing to work closely with survivors to improve processes, challenging distorted thinking about sexual conduct or violence and creating positive attitudes to mental health. The Scottish Government fully support those aims. “

So it seems no interest whatsoever in obtaining justice for the victims.

“The SFA report into sexual abuse in Scottish football has been released for some time now.
We had previously been told by the Scottish Government that nothing could be done until the SFA report was published.
What happens now?
Celtic FC knew about the abuse and even allowed Paedophiles back to continue their abuse.

SCOTTISH PARLIAMENT

WRITTEN ANSWER

21 June 2021

Siobhian Brown (Ayr) (Scottish National Party): To ask the Scottish Government what action it anticipates will be taken against football clubs in light of the Scottish Football Association's Report of the Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football.

S6W-00594

Maree Todd: The Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football was commissioned by the Scottish FA Board in late 2016 and began work in the first quarter of 2017. In summary the terms of reference (developed in conjunction with some survivors) were to examine what was known at the time of the abuse in Scottish Football, who knew and what action was taken as a result.

The purpose of the Review was not to find fault or to attribute blame but rather was about learning from the experiences of the past with a view to improving the way that Scottish football assures the safety, rights and wellbeing of children involved in the game today where necessary. This is set out at para 1.2 of the full report when it says “the Review is not concerned with attributing culpability or liability” and further “Attributing blame and engaging in a finger-pointing exercise is not helpful and is almost always unproductive, detracting from ensuring that the right change takes place with the commitment of us all” and “the narrative of ‘failure’ and ‘blame’ is one which the Review is keen to resist in order to focus on learning and improvement which is of more productive value.”

The Review accepts that knowledge and practices were markedly different in the past than they are now, and recognises the recent efforts of the Scottish FA and its members to put in place a Child Protection and Wellbeing Strategy. It makes clear that continued culture change is imperative – this includes continuing to work closely with survivors to improve processes, challenging distorted thinking about sexual conduct or violence and creating positive attitudes to mental health. The Scottish Government fully support those aims. “

How many times must we listen to this “learn lessons” pish when it comes these dragged out, kicked into long grass reviews and reports. Child rape is THE most repugnant criminal offence there is, it is not a “behaviour” or a “procedural non compliance” to be modified for future benefit.
When it is an organised paedophile ring the perpetrators and facilitators must be brought to justice and it is a stain on Scottish society that our elected officials deem it crass and “not helpful” and describe as “a finger pointing exercise” the dedication of good decent people to hold these bastards to account.
These so called politicians are on the wrong side of history and their day will come.

Spotlight aren’t political in any way. It was set up to assist victims and to gather evidence to hand to the appropriate people. To find the truth and the extent of the cover up by that club.
One thing that really shocked us in recent weeks is how some of these individuals within the SNP managed to raise their heads when it came to Rangers Football Club on a certain issue.
If only they put the same effort into the club they have allegiances to then things could be different. They don’t represent the people. They represent and defend the people that have the same beliefs as them.

Would a "Justice for Victims" demo outside Parkhead raise awareness?

Slightly off topic, feel free to delete if derailing the thread.

BBC News - Fr Malachy Finnegan: Abuse survivor Tony Gribben gets six-figure settlement https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-57560162

A man abused for years by a paedophile priest at a County Down school is to receive a six-figure sum in damages, the High Court has been told.
Tony Gribben, 61, sued the trustees and board of governors at St Colman's College in Newry and the Diocese of Dromore.
He took the lawsuit over the sexual and physical assaults suffered at the hands of the late Father Malachy Finnegan.
The pay-out to Mr Gribben forms part of a settlement.
A personal apology will also be issued on behalf of the leader of the Catholic Church in Ireland under the terms of the agreement.
Outside the court, Mr Gribben said that for the apology to be meaningful, the Church must "acknowledge it was more concerned about protecting its reputation than safeguarding children from the actions of predatory paedophiles like Finnegan".
"The diocese needs to be completely transparent in cooperating with a long overdue investigation on its failings."
Mr Gribben claimed for negligence and failures to protect him from Finnegan's alleged "industrial-scale abuse" while he was a pupil at the school from 1970 to 1977.
In court on Monday his barrister announced that a resolution has been reached in the action.
"The defendants (will) pay the plaintiff's solicitors a six-figure sum within a defined period," she said.
She also disclosed that the diocese is to provide her client with a personal, written apology from Archbishop Eamon Martin within three weeks.
St Colman's College in Newry

The letter will "recognise the pain, suffering, hurt and distress" Mr Gribben experienced during his time at St Colman's, as well as the subsequent affect on him.
He is then to meet the archbishop and the safeguarding director for the diocese to discuss his experiences.
Finnegan taught and worked at St Colman's College from 1967 to 1987, spending the last decade as the school's president.
He went on to serve as a parish priest in Clonduff, County Down.
The priest, who died in 2002, was accused of a long campaign of child sexual abuse, but was never prosecuted or questioned by police about claims made against him.
In 2018 it emerged that the Diocese of Dromore had settled a claim made by one of his victims.
At that stage the board of governors at St Colman's condemned the physical, sexual and emotional abuse inflicted by Finnegan while working there.
The priest's image was also removed from the school's photographs.
At the time the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) set up a team of detectives to investigate Finnegan's activities.
Nine people were said to have been interviewed under caution, but no direction was made to prosecute anyone.

What happens now?

SCOTTISH PARLIAMENT

WRITTEN ANSWER

21 June 2021

S6W-00594

Engaging in finger pointing is not helpful unless of course it is to slate Rangers fans , the manager and the club for trophy day. A shower of duplicitous bastards. We even had Sturgeon saying twitter spats werent helpful when discussing critiscm of her by Andy Burnam, yet her, Humza, Dornan et al piled on twitter to attack us. Someone on the opposition needs to score these open goals.

What happens now?

SCOTTISH PARLIAMENT

WRITTEN ANSWER

21 June 2021

S6W-00594

The SNP made their position clear in 2016 when they excluded sporting and religious institutions from the government review on historic CSA. It was a simple exchange for votes, as proven by the switch to the SNP amongst their flock.

By ignoring the victims of CSA, the SNP sold their souls for power and their pursuit of independence. Anyone who votes for the SNP can fairly be accused of putting independence before the victims of CSA.

Anyone who steps foot inside a Catholic Church, or Celtic Park, and refuses to take either to task, is effectively condoning CSA. Have any of the flock complained to their priest or the heads of the church about the endless abuse on a worldwide basis? Or do they think that if they don’t mention it that it did not occur or will just go away? That makes them just as bad as the actual beasts themselves. It is just downright evil.

And yes, that means you, Timmy lurkers. Why won’t you discuss the issue or take a stand against the likes of McGinn and Kelly? Why no pressure on Lawwell and Desmond over the last few years to accept responsibility and do the right thing? You are quick enough with the banners when you draw a few games, or are all over the forums and Twitter discussing every minute detail of your club (and our club), yet remain silent when it comes to the biggest sporting scandal in history. Absolute cowards, every one of you. And you know it.

The parents are not to blame for the actual abuse, of course they aren’t.
My point is that we know, and you’re closer to this than most, many parents have done very little to challenge that club on behalf of their kids.
Perhaps in a way that the father of Neely’s victim at Ibrox was at our door?
I might be out of order here and it’s easy to assume, and be wildly wrong, when you don’t have all the information.
I can’t help but think there should have been more mums and dads doing what the sister has done.
You know I don’t mean to cause offence here.
I accept what your saying that some parents may have noticed a change in behaviour from their sons but we need to remember that the focus on child abuse is relatively new. At that time parents were blissfully unaware of paedophiles, especially in a religious or sporting setting. Any change would be taken as their sons growing up or "being a teenager"
For those who refused to come forward or believe the abuse claims I'm prepared to believe it was because of ignorance rather than cover ups.

Would a "Justice for Victims" demo outside Parkhead raise awareness?
This has been mentioned previously. This is something for the families and survivors to decide. Spotlight was set up to uncover perpetrators, enablers and apologists, and to assist families and survivors where we can. A demo is something we wouldn’t be involved in as Spotlight will remain anonymous for obvious reasons.

I accept what your saying that some parents may have noticed a change in behaviour from their sons but we need to remember that the focus on child abuse is relatively new. At that time parents were blissfully unaware of paedophiles, especially in a religious or sporting setting. Any change would be taken as their sons growing up or "being a teenager"
For those who refused to come forward or believe the abuse claims I'm prepared to believe it was because of ignorance rather than cover ups.
It might be the way I’m reading this. Sorry, but what do you mean by your last paragraph?

The SNP made their position clear in 2016 when they excluded sporting and religious institutions from the government review on historic CSA. It was a simple exchange for votes, as proven by the switch to the SNP amongst their flock.

By ignoring the victims of CSA, the SNP sold their souls for power and their pursuit of independence. Anyone who votes for the SNP can fairly be accused of putting independence before the victims of CSA.

Anyone who steps foot inside a Catholic Church, or Celtic Park, and refuses to take either to task, is effectively condoning CSA. Have any of the flock complained to their priest or the heads of the church about the endless abuse on a worldwide basis? Or do they think that if they don’t mention it that it did not occur or will just go away? That makes them just as bad as the actual beasts themselves. It is just downright evil.

And yes, that means you, Timmy lurkers. Why won’t you discuss the issue or take a stand against the likes of McGinn and Kelly? Why no pressure on Lawwell and Desmond over the last few years to accept responsibility and do the right thing? You are quick enough with the banners when you draw a few games, or are all over the forums and Twitter discussing every minute detail of your club (and our club), yet remain silent when it comes to the biggest sporting scandal in history. Absolute cowards, every one of you. And you know it.

Nail on the head S.

Protecting more than the club I would strongly suggest

Our Roman Catholic elected officials will constantly reminded of their duty to put their religion before the wishes of the people that elected them. This is an obviously organised sex abuse ring, and will of course lead straight to the door of the Roman Catholic Church in Scotland.

As an example this is from 2007 regarding a vote on abortion.. Which shows the direct pressure to do what the Catholic Church wants first...
"The Glasgow-based Cardinal O'Brien insisted last night he did not mean a threat of excommunication, but said that "whether it's mothers or fathers, or politicians and doctors or nurses, they must consider their own consciences and whether or not they can approach the altar to receive Holy Communion".

O'Brien another sex offender who was allowed to escape justice for his victims.

Brainwashed by hatred. Any dissent will be seen as treachery to the “cause” and a boost to their “enemies “. No matter that anyone calling out paedophilia is actually performing a public service and should be supported, this rationale (which any right thinking person would regard as their duty) is not shared by followers of these organisations. And they have been protected by those in power. Sinister is a word I keep returning to when describing the behaviour of certain individuals on this ongoing saga.

Engaging in finger pointing is not helpful unless of course it is to slate Rangers fans , the manager and the club for trophy day. A shower of duplicitous bastards. We even had Sturgeon saying twitter spats werent helpful when discussing critiscm of her by Andy Burnam, yet her, Humza, Dornan et al piled on twitter to attack us. Someone on the opposition needs to score these open goals.
It's a common SNP trick, if they don't have a valid counter argument they attack the person being critical of them. Playing the man and not the ball. The fact reporters let them away without making any attempt at a reply to the main point is part of the problem, and it's clear how this applies to the CSA cases as well.

Back