Ange Postecoglou - New Celtic Manager Confirmed - All Chat In Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll admit, I do expect big Flange to improve them somewhat, but if they don't get the finger out and make some signings I'm not sure what sort of team he's going to end up with come the games against Midtjylland!

Surprised there's not been a bit more action that way from them.
I'd expect that if they held onto their best players (& they actually felt like giving it a go) but as it stands, they seem to be scrambling about in the bargain bins so filling their team with dross likely won't be an improvement, regardless of how he wants them to play. It's intriguing. They could be mid table come December before he ends up in that same bin & Clarke gets the inevitable call to steady the ship.

I'd expect that if they held onto their best players (& they actually felt like giving it a go) but as it stands, they seem to be scrambling about in the bargain bins so filling their team with dross likely won't be an improvement, regardless of how he wants them to play. It's intriguing. They could be mid table come December before he ends up in that same bin & Clarke gets the inevitable call to steady the ship.

It will be funny to see if Eduoard and Ajer downtools in case they end up cup tied in the CL or Europa League and say they don't want to feature in those games.

Had a look on KDS for a laugh, some are speculating on their starting XI for the start of the season.
Bain
Taylor Julien Welsh
Forrest McGregor Bitton Soro
Turnbull Johnston
Ajeti

Another couldn't bring himself to post the keeper and defence so just gone for their attacking 'options'.
A front 6 of

Soro McGregor
Forrest Turnbull Johnston
Ajeti

Isn’t bad. It’s not great, obviously, and you’d be wanting high quality, ready to play replacements for Soro, Johnston and Turnbull.

But that front 6 should easily take care of the other 10 teams in the league.

It’s the defence that’s the real worry. Presuming Ajer goes we’ve got one guy (Jullien) who is good enough.

Imagine your defense was so bad that you turn to that 'front 6' for solace!

Trying not to get drawn into the mindset that we have the league won but f*ck me they are comically unprepared.

I'll admit, I do expect big Flange to improve them somewhat, but if they don't get the finger out and make some signings I'm not sure what sort of team he's going to end up with come the games against Midtjylland!

Surprised there's not been a bit more action that way from them.

He’ll do well to get the points total Neil Lennon got.

Had a look on KDS for a laugh, some are speculating on their starting XI for the start of the season.

Another couldn't bring himself to post the keeper and defence so just gone for their attacking 'options'.

Imagine your defense was so bad that you turn to that 'front 6' for solace!

Trying not to get drawn into the mindset that we have the league won but f*ck me they are comically unprepared.
They'd struggle to finish 3rd with that team

Yeah, 1 wildcard 24 hours before but hoping they have no new players in place apart from that.

Was hoping it would be sooner than the week of.
If any of the new signings are currently playing at the Euros they’re going to be going into the first leg with about a week of training along with their Scottish players.

They really dont learn their lesson do they?

Remember the reason Howe was late was because Bournemouth were still in the playoffs? Well now the reason they don't have a DOF is because it's Maloney and he's busy the noo with Belgium
Maloney looks an odd choice for DoF

A few years of Belgium assistant coach experience and then he’ll be running the show over there and telling Flange what to do?

Looks like a continuation of their recent comical plans to me

Maloney looks an odd choice for DoF

A few years of Belgium assistant coach experience and then he’ll be running the show over there and telling Flange what to do?

Looks like a continuation of their recent comical plans to me

Would also be a horrific step down for SM who has a lovely gig currently

20th July
plenty of time to revamp a squad, quarantine incoming foreign players, implement coaching overhaul & new philosophy and start games
That’s my issue about our games. Any signing from outside the U.K. has to do 5 days quarantine down south if they arrive there, or 10 if they come directly here.
Hopefully we get stuff done early

He’s basically an analyst really. He’s no experience of what that role would entail.

Chesney will be quietly ushered into that role soon
I can just imagine the bickering triangle, with Stachan telling The Aussie how to manage a team, whilst at the same time, telling Maloney how to do his……. all the while his boy and BJK, telling everyone it was never as bad as this when they were running the show.

Next season has all the hallmarks of an absolute calamity…… Nonce FC Part Deux!

For 3.5m they need a player than can hit the ground immediately. Not sure if Hickey has built up more strength over the last year but I just remember our players targeting him and absolutely bossing him physically

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back