Female Dundonian claims Rangers fans caused ankle break

bloodandfire

Is this the screamer that was featured here in the match thread?

BROX ABUSE
Rangers fan broke her ankle while hurrying terrified daughter, eight, away from barrage of abuse at Ibrox – from her OWN supporters

Claire Hamilton, 33, was left in excruciating pain and fainted before being rushed to hospital for treatment

By John Jeffay
14th September 2017, 8:32 am

Updated: 14th September 2017, 8:58 am
  • Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
  • Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
NOW
COMMENT
A RANGERS fan broke her ankle while leaving Ibrox with her daughter – after they were hit with a barrage of abuse from her OWN supporters.

Claire Hamilton, 33, from Craigie, Dundee, was left in excruciating pain and fainted after she hurried terrified Paige, eight, away from the taunts.

CASCADE NEWS
Claire Hamilton broke her ankle while hurrying Paige away from abuse
Although the mum is a Rangers fan, she was in the away support’s end when the two teams met in Glasgow last weekend as her little girl is an avid Dundee supporter.

Claire, who works at a butcher’s shop, said: “After the match, we were walking out of Ibrox when some Rangers fans started shouting abuse at us.

“Paige became really frightened so I picked her up and started to carry her to try to calm her down a bit.

“While I was lifting her up, I didn’t notice the step that was beside us and tumbled down it.

PA:pRESS ASSOCIATION
The pair fell when they were leaving Ibrox
MOST READ IN NEWS

'HE WAS UPSET'
Pitch invader was punched by fellow Celtic fan in his 60s because he was laughing about assaulting PSG player

'HIT HIM HARD'
Celtic yob who tried to kick Kylian Mbappe urged players to get stuck into Neymar before pitch invasion

SIDELINE OF DUTY
Senior cop who made complaint about Chief Constable Phil Gormley was stripped of his duties

BAD BHOY
Celtic fan weeps in dock as he admits charging on to pitch and assaulting Kylian Mbappe during PSG match

SORRY YOU THUMPED ME
Celtic lout APOLOGISES to fellow fan nicked for punching him after Champions League pitch invasion shame

JANE IS STAYIN'
Jane Park flaunts cleavage in racy Ibiza snap as she boasts she missed her flight home - because she can

“As I had Paige in my arms, we landed on top of each other.”

Although Paige fell with her mum, she came away with only a small bruise on her back.

Claire not only suffered a broken ankle but also fainted directly after the accident.

She said: “Straight after the fall I tried to move, but I fainted.

CASCADE NEWS
Claire was rushed to hospital
“I woke up outside Ibrox wondering what was going on.”

Members of the stewarding team and the cops saw what happened and rushed to Claire’s aid, before getting her back inside the stadium.

She was then taken to Queen Elizabeth University Hospital in Govan where she was treated for her injury.

Claire said: “The treatment at Ibrox was amazing. They took me inside and got an ambulance straight away. It really was helpful.

READ MORE
“Luckily Paige was able to get home safely with other Dundee fans.

“We went through on a supporters’ bus so while I went away to the hospital Paige travelled home with the other fans who we have got to know throughout the years.

“It was Paige’s first time at a match at Ibrox and she is quite shaken up about it all so she isn’t in a rush to go back.”

CASCADE NEWS
Claire is now being helped while she recovers
The doctors have advised Claire that she could be off work for up to six weeks. She has moved into her ex-partner’s house while recovering — and she is currently sleeping on the couch as she is unable to climb up and down the stairs.

sounds like a load of sh1te to me, why would fans randomly target a mum and daughter, i know it could happen but we just won the game so everyone was in good spirits, and she wants to sell the story and stick that stupid foot out to show us all, cringe !

FFS. The stupid idiot took her eyes off the ground trying to pick up a child on steps, tripped and fell, and broke her ankle coming out the Dundee away supporters end, an area with an impeccable safety record.

Not even an ambulance chasing no win no fee bunch of bastards could land the blame for that on Rangers fans.

This has all the feel of a claim for "compensayshun"

FFS. The stupid idiot took her eyes off the ground trying to pick up a child on steps, tripped and fell, and broke her ankle coming out the Dundee away supporters end, an area with an impeccable safety record.

Not even an ambulance chasing no win no fee bunch of bastards could land the blame for that on Rangers fans.

This has all the feel of a claim for "compensayshun"

More a feel of 'blame the huns'

The Rangers supporting kid is wearing a Dundee kit! In reality this is tribal reporting of a mother's poor judgement regarding safety.

ma fuckin baws
and a complete non event only put in the media to deflect from the shite at the shit pit 2 nights previously.
someone already mentioned in another post something like this would happen after the attempted assault........that somehow something negative towards Rangers would be forthcoming and here it fucking is...and it only took 2 days! :mad:

That's exactly what it is, she was lying near the ticket office.
The kerb onto the road way, she's not seen it because she's been carrying her daughter.
She was heading towards the gap where the away buses were.
A non story all her own fault rushing out.

She was being treated by Paramedics at the kerb.

Well there is the deflection story away from the sister slammers ffs.

Absolutely anything to bring our name into mud just to try and take eyes of that mob pathetic story she also should be ashamed going to the papers with that pish.

Hi there is that the papers I was a clumsy bitch but it's the Rangers fans fault....ok stop the press.......pathetic.

I don't know if the OP intended to include the links to the other articles within his post, but that shows exactly why this non-event has made the press.
A balancer for the genuine negative press that's been in the news lately.

someone stumbles over a step and breaks an ankle - happens all the time.

However there is a sinister slant to that heading - upon reading the headline and the sub heading (Ibrox abuse), I thought the lassie to be a Dundee fan who had been attacked by a Rangers fan.

so if we do nothing wrong this week coming what will the story be?

"man blames rangers for breaking tv as they beat his FIFA team and he threw the controller at his tv"

You have to love the mongos that do something stupid then appear in daily newspapers proudly sporting a gormless smiling face next to whatever their misfortune was.

Deflect, deflect, deflect. Big bad Rangers fans in mother and daughter leg breaker shocker! Is this news, really? The Scottish press is at an all time low, who is buying this anymore?
Let's get the Rangers back in the news by any means necessary.

someone stumbles over a step and breaks an ankle - happens all the time.

However there is a sinister slant to that heading - upon reading the headline and the sub heading (Ibrox abuse), I thought the lassie to be a Dundee fan who had been attacked by a Rangers fan.

She's an (apparent) Rangers fan who is claiming to have been "attacked" by Rangers fans while her own daughter supports Dundee and they were both in the Dundee end having gone on a Dundee supporters bus.

The headline is confusing as anything and the manner of telling the story isn't great either.

That's before we get to understand that a Rangers fan didn't break her ankle, she fell over and did it.

It's of course not helped by, most likely, having been largely fabricated.

What a load of utter shite.

Wish there was a way she could be taken to task over this claim as all it does is put another conveniently timed black mark against our name.

The Rangers supporting kid is wearing a Dundee kit! In reality this is tribal reporting of a mother's poor judgement regarding safety.

No its the mother who is the fan, the daughter is the Dee fan. I smell shite claiming she was seen quickly at the hospital and back up the road - aye right seen quickly at A & E in the Southern on a Saturday night for non life threatening injury plus she let the 8 year old daughter go home on the bus alone.

Look at the heading for the pitch invader story 'Bad Bhoy'. Could you imagine if that was a Rangers fan, 'Rangers thug' would be the headline.

She's an (apparent) Rangers fan who is claiming to have been "attacked" by Rangers fans while her own daughter supports Dundee and they were both in the Dundee end having gone on a Dundee supporters bus.

The headline is confusing as anything and the manner of telling the story isn't great either.

I wonder if there is a DSS angle saying she has had to move in with her former partner but is having to seep on the couch as she cant go up stairs, so why move in with him then.
That's before we get to understand that a Rangers fan didn't break her ankle, she fell over and did it.

It's of course not helped by, most likely, having been largely fabricated.

So Celtic fan runs on and try's to kick Mbappe, and this is the best they have,to try and shine a bad light us

I saw the story in the Evening Tele and apparently it was written by 'Reporter' strange how no one will put their name to it

When you go to bed at night praise ye gods that whatever ever else happens in life you arent a journalist.

Imagine being in a job that prints and makes up utter bollocks like that.

No wonder they are all bitter and twisted.

Back