Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

John Tait Robertson (Centre Half) - won 3-titles with Rangers in 1900, 1901 & 1902.

Became Chelsea's first ever manager in 1905.

FOOTBALL-1900-JF-BELL-Footballers-cigarette-card-ROBERTSON.jpg

Nice jumpers and the handshake is not bad at all either.
I clocked the handshake, but we need to keep quiet about it as it's a secret. We are letting slip too many secrets lately, you know the ones I'm talking about " what the bouncy actually means" , and "what the red tops on the socks stands for" the lurkers will be watching . Loose lips and all that. WATP.

A 16 year old Derek Johnstone at George Square who 24 hours earlier headed the winning goal against Celtic in the League Cup final of 1970.

PS. The SNP will no doubt now be launching an investigation into this disgraceful behaviour :rolleyes:

You should not have put that one up, DJ will get back charged by GCC for damage to benches as this picture was take 1690.

Seen this picture a few times. Does anyone know what game it is?
Game at Parkhead, circa October 1982.

He has scored with a header to put us 2-1 up. We lost 3-2, winner from them in 87th minute, and the season collapsed . (If I am correct we were heavily defeated by Cologne -0-5 - just after this).

He has scored with a header to put us 2-1 up. We lost 3-2, winner from them in 87th minute, and the season collapsed . (If I am correct we were heavily defeated by Cologne -0-5 - just after this).
The pic is probably from Dec 84, 1-1 draw. Coop scored a late equaliser.
We had a different strip in 82.

The pic is probably from Dec 84, 1-1 draw. Coop scored a late equaliser.
We had a different strip in 82.
Can't be that 3-2 game, we wore the pinstripe shirt then.
That 1984 game is a good shout.

Can't be after Souness as we wore red socks not the black and red.

Rangers v Inter Milan, March 1965, European Cup Quarter Final second leg at Ibrox. Jim Forrest firing home in the 6th minute.

George McClean's thunderous shot hits the underside of the crossbar as Rangers push for the all vital second goal against the European and World Champions.

Sadly it ended up 1-0, a fantastic result but just fell short of pulling back the 3-1 deficit from the first leg.

All in all it still remains a memorable night amid a great performance from Rangers.

The betting odds.

Rangers v Inter Milan, March 1965, European Cup Quarter Final second leg at Ibrox. Jim Forrest firing home in the 6th minute.

George McClean's thunderous shot hits the underside of the crossbar as Rangers push for the all vital second goal against the European and World Champions.

Sadly it ended up 1-0, a fantastic result but just fell short of pulling back the 3-1 deficit from the first leg.

All in all it still remains a memorable night amid a great performance from Rangers.

The betting odds.
You post some great photos on here @ItsInTheNet. It is much appreciated.

Back