Pathetic Quality From Castore

Your lucky mate the sponsor on the shoulder of mine is totally gone only got cas of castore and half of their logo gone the e and t of unibet on the front has gone and two of the spots gone under the unibet and basically no rangers crest left.

absolute chancers.
Ridiculous mate. Basically only good for the bin.

Got this as a present from my folks in April.

Worn and washed probably 4 or 5 times ok but took out yesterday to this. Numbers all peeling off or else off. Bit of a joke as basically can't wear like that now. I had toos in my teens and twenties that lasted years and years and became work ones for years as well with not as much damage as this has in a couple of months. Also my son's strip for his wee team the sponsor and lettering is still on fine after well over a year.

Mine is similar, which is gutting because it's a class top, looks great and the material and cut are brilliant.

My cousin is still waiting on his champions shirt as well. He’s gave up emailing Castore
I ordered 2 kids strips for my sons and they took the money but I never got them.This was last year and I live in Australia so getting an answer from them was a nightmare,gave up with them eventually.

The new kit arrived today for my wee lass and safe to say the quality has not improved in the slightest where stitching is involved. Embarrassing stuff!

Disgraceful stuff. Quality control is non-existent.

Not another penny to these charlatans from me.

It's almost as if some folk get raging when they see a positive experience post theyve had from castore lol
I’m genuinely glad that some are having a positive experience but mine has certainly been beyond shambolic with last seasons kit, the champions shirt and now the brand new one.

That’s three separate orders and f**king awful each time. No signs of improvement at all where quality control is concerned.

Its non existent and nowhere near a high enough standard.

The new kit arrived today for my wee lass and safe to say the quality has not improved in the slightest where stitching is involved. Embarrassing stuff!

Eeeek. I mean sometimes I felt there were maybe some overreactions, but that is pretty bad if we’re honest.

There’s an absolute shocker I saw on FB where some guys shirt is missing the club badge. You’ve got to wonder how that can ever be allowed to happen.

I have been critical of castore, however I've contacted them recently as the sponsor has peeled off the training sweatshirt. Offered 20% off or a credit note. I've taken the option of returning it, they've credited me postage and say they will process the credit note when the top is back with them. Been quick to reply to my complaint which I wasn't expecting. Hopefully the credit note will be processed quickly too.

For people defending castore - I don't get it. We're not insulting the club.

Had my black Hummel top on earlier, still absolutely perfect quality. Last season's away castore is missing the castore logo and parts of the sponsor! I wear an away umbro kit from about 2006 to my bed and it's in better quality than last season's castore.

I won't be buying anything this year

For people defending castore - I don't get it. We're not insulting the club.

Had my black Hummel top on earlier, still absolutely perfect quality. Last season's away castore is missing the castore logo and parts of the sponsor! I wear an away umbro kit from about 2006 to my bed and it's in better quality than last season's castore.

I won't be buying anything this year

I think it is because they get blamed for everything whether it's within their control or not.

Quality is, so it is totally fair to call them out on it.

Number of articles produced and number of collections will be a club decision. So will price points.

Logistics and fulfilment is handled by Seko, another club sponsor. Returns and after-sale service is outsourced to Narvar. Castore and the club should monitor these but they cannot control them except via contract penalties or non-renewal.

I think it is because they get blamed for everything whether it's within their control or not.

Quality is, so it is totally fair to call them out on it.

Number of articles produced and number of collections will be a club decision. So will price points.

Logistics and fulfilment is handled by Seko, another club sponsor. Returns and after-sale service is outsourced to Narvar. Castore and the club should monitor these but they cannot control them except via contract penalties or non-renewal.

???

They can't even get the sizing right this season ffs! Last season's top which is the same size fits perfectly, new top is too small!
Went back to the shop today to size up my top and there was 4 customers at the tills doing exactly the same. Stock in the shop (given that it’s been open for a year now) is pathetically low - unless you want a home top, 1/4 zip training top, the new training top, mug or keyring then you might as well not go. Expected a full range of merch that we’ve had for 40 years now - jewellery, framed pictures, bears, rubber ducks, dog bowls and a whole amount of other tat missing. The shop has the feel of the old Xmas store that used to pop up in Airdrie each year, basically enough stock to cover the next few days. Still very unconvinced by Castore when you see the nick of tops being sent out without crests and shoddy embroidery

That's really fucking honking quality.

Better off ditching the lettering and just having the badge. Utterly shite

It's taken over a month to sort out, but finally!! What an absolute shit show from start to finish. From the shocking state of the kit itself to the ordeal in actually managing to return it.

I returned mine to the store on the morning of Trophy day. Expected refund a week or so later. Nothing after two weeks. When I checked the refund receipt it was for a Champions 55 hoody. Back to the shop, manager looked into it and advised refund had been issued on another customer order to that customers card. Free hoody for them. Was told I would receive my refund in a few days. Back to the shop a week later to be told the refund had been processed. Gave it another week then emailed castore and rangers commercial, refund wasn't processed. Eventually got my dough back and 20% code for next shop.

The point made about the shop is a good one. Did Castore not say it was going to be market leading?
I'd urge everyone to go back and listen to the interviews Beahon was doing with fan media when the original Castore home top was released.

What was proposed/stated, and what has actually transpired is....certainly different

Just got the half zip red black and grey training top and I’m am delighted with it. Quality good and lovely fit and very comfortable. Not washed it yet mind. Totally understand the the guys that have had bad experiences but all the gear I got last year and this has been top drawer. Just my experience.
I'm the same mate, got the half zip grey and orange last season and it was excellent, still in great nick. So i ordered the red and black one, again not been disappointed. Quality is good and was delivered 3 days after ordering

You get better quality on fakes.
I bought last season's home top and it lasted a few weeks then binned.I decided to buy the black top from another source for slightly over £11 and it's still in great condition.
Wouldn't normally go down that road but I see they are £12 this year so probably will buy that way again.
Probably made in the same sweat shop anyway

It's taken over a month to sort out, but finally!! What an absolute shit show from start to finish. From the shocking state of the kit itself to the ordeal in actually managing to return it.

Did you get your shipping refunded? Still waiting on mines getting refunded

No I never actually now you mention it.
Unreal mate,get onto them. Hermes are raking it in with this contract and they're hopeless.
I had to pay to return the shirt tae around 3-4 quid. Won't be seeing that back either. Puts you right off buying online likes.

Son bought the 1/4 zip and tee shirt from the champions range and after 1 wash the letters are peeling badly. I've not kept the receipt but used PayPal for the transaction. Will I be able to claim refund from castore by giving them transaction i.d?

Son bought the 1/4 zip and tee shirt from the champions range and after 1 wash the letters are peeling badly. I've not kept the receipt but used PayPal for the transaction. Will I be able to claim refund from castore by giving them transaction i.d?
Open a dispute via PayPal mate,they'll walk you through it.

Looking at some of these posts,they seem like a company well out their depth with us and clearly haven't learned anything from last season.

I appreciate many people have had issues, but I do think the thread title should be changed.

Personally, my two sons have had the home strip each from last season, with one having the away strip and the other the third strip. They've also had quarter zips each - one the navy blue one and the other the grey/orange one.

They had these for the whole of last season and all are still in perfect condition. My older boy also bought the new home strip when it came out and again no issues.

So while I do appreciate the issues people have had, I don't believe it's representative of everyone's experience.

How is it even possible that it can be so bad ? It’s not as if these things are hand stitched by some artisan tailor . It’s a machine ffs , so you’d expect at bare minimum a regular, level “ Castore” . That’s so bad it looks like each letter was individually sewn in by a kid . I just cannot understand it .

I appreciate many people have had issues, but I do think the thread title should be changed.

Personally, my two sons have had the home strip each from last season, with one having the away strip and the other the third strip. They've also had quarter zips each - one the navy blue one and the other the grey/orange one.

They had these for the whole of last season and all are still in perfect condition. My older boy also bought the new home strip when it came out and again no issues.

So while I do appreciate the issues people have had, I don't believe it's representative of everyone's experience.

Start your own positive thread then, mate.

This one is for anyone with quality or other issues so they can highlight them in the one thread rather than cluttering up the board with multiple threads.

I bought a size 9 pair of sliders which i can barely get my toes in,sent them back and ordered a 10,another fkn waste of space,it's costing me more to return items than it is to buy the fkn things.I normally take a 9 in all shoe type sizes but it looks like i will need a 12 or 14 ffs!!

It’s very poor that they have released the tracksuit in blue (small size trousers unavailable)

they have also only released the grey trousers with no top available (small trousers also not available)

why do a half arsed release? Why not wait until all sizes are available in their hundreds/thousands? Unacceptable to be doing this a year down the line in my opinion

Ordered an adult and infant kit on launch day, 08:03 to be precise. We're now on the 11th day, and still not received a dispatch note.

Standard practice if you sell something and later realise you can't fulfil, you identify those orders (easy on all e-commerce platforms) and send a quick canned message giving the customer an update. Not Castore. Even after speaking with their Customer Service, and a named contact at Castore they still haven't given me a reason, or a timeframe for when my order will be dispatched, let alone delivered.

This was their last chance for me - original home kit was a disgrace and they wouldn't take it back, grey/orange training kit peeled after 4/5 washes. Champions kit seems ok, and original navy 1/4 zip has been excellent, so it's not an issue with me. No more.

I bought a size 9 pair of sliders which i can barely get my toes in,sent them back and ordered a 10,another fkn waste of space,it's costing me more to return items than it is to buy the fkn things.I normally take a 9 in all shoe type sizes but it looks like i will need a 12 or 14 ffs!!
latest

My orange training top has been on literally 3 times, washed twice. All of the writing inside the collar has peeled off. Got the champions top, stuck it on for an hour or two then put it in the wardrobe. Terrified that the sponsors will peel off. Hope the new top is better!

Back