Jack Grealish

A lot of people singing his praises…if he’s that good why didn’t he take a penalty ?

Southgates issue was that to get him in he had to shift Sterling who by all accounts had a very good tournament and he wasn’t going to do it.
Grealish if he wasn’t a villa fan would have already moved to the highest level of England (he might this summer)
A quality player, not a world class one

What has Grealish done in the game to be called great ?
De Bruyne and Fernandes are light years ahead of Grealish for example
Kevin Phillips was the top scorer in the premier league one year when he scored 30 goals for Sunderland. But I’ll tell you right now he was never in the same class as Yorke, Cole, Shearer, Bergkamp or Henry.

He must be the most overrated player of all time.

He is 25 and his career has been average at best yet the commentators and English fans go on like he is the 2nd coming of Gazza.

He isn’t of the level of Foden or Sancho yet they both never received the fanfare that he got.

Bizarre.
I think Gaza commented that he could play better than Grealish drunk!
It's being so shy, is the reason we love him!

He runs with the ball until he feels contact then he falls over like he's been shot, sits up and rolls down his sock and points at his ankle so the referee can see it.

He's taken the artform of diving for freekicks and added his own twist to try and get the defender booked too.

It's one thing being the main player at Villa than it is being a significant part of a team carrying trophy expectations.

He's obviously a gifted player. I'm not sure he can make that step up. Hopefully he'll get his transfer this Summer and we'll find out.

He’s a cracking player but how will he do at say Man City when he’s just another player and he’s expected to work hard and press and link up as well as do what he normally does at Aston Villa where the team is built around him

Showpony

Excellent in a team where he doesn't need to be at it for 90mins every game, can drift in and out and have form drops

He moves to a top team he will need to reign the lifestyle in, put the hard work in or he will be back at Villa

Has all the attributes, reminds me of Ronaldo when he first got to Man Utd, Ronaldo kicked on and Grealish at 25 hasn't.

I think he is a good player.

But his main strength seems to be winning free kicks. Which isn’t exactly the biggest strength you want in an attacking player.

He maybe should take a leaf out of Gazzas book and be powerful dribbling past people. Be determined to get past them to create a chance rather than collapsing
He was on for about 15 mins against Denmark, played in Shaw who crossed for Sterling and then made Kane’s goal.
Pep would seem to disagree with you

Dinnae see it I'm afraid. Thought it was some messiah that was coming on according to the commentators. Damp squib more like.

I think he is a very good player, personally think he done a lot more than Foden done this tournament without even getting a proper chance.
I heard people say Foden was the next Gazza but for me he was a major disappointment.

A lot of people singing his praises…if he’s that good why didn’t he take a penalty ?

He says he did ask to take one. And even if he didn't, how does that not make him a good player? Does that make Ryan Kent pish because he's never hit a penalty?

Massive season for him this time be fair. Leaving Villa something he has to do really, sad because his loyalty should be applauded in this day and age.

He doesn't really add much, not particularly fast, not hugely skillfull..

No where near Gazza in terms of vision is movement.

He's a decent epl player, but by far the saviour

He is 25 and his career has been average at best yet the commentators and English fans go on like he is the 2nd coming of Gazza.

He isn’t of the level of Foden or Sancho yet they both never received the fanfare that he got.

Bizarre.
i don’t think he’s any sort of world beater and he’s older than I thought but every time he came in he gave England a spark and moved the pace up a level. Should have played much more

Let’s face it, people don’t like him cos he wears an Alice band and his socks low. He consistently tops charts for the most chances created in the prem as well so there’s numbers to back his talent up.

He also comes across as a bit cocky which some people get rubbed up the wrong way by.
Where can we see these stats? I doubt he tops the chances created charts. That would be a City or Liverpool player surely?

Negative Southgate f... this banger of a tournament for England with his poor defensive tactics after going 1-0 up England should of went for the jugular.

Bizarre.
cracking player, bringing on Henderson before him was criminal

I personally really like him. I also think he’s quite a down to earth guy. Seems well liked and close to his family. He will go on to better things and I wish him well.

Grealish doesn't suit the way England play, really. The difference between him and Sterling in terms of effectiveness is huge.

In games where they're dominating the ball and need someone to open a team up, he's going to be useful - should probably have started against Scotland.
grealish certainly effective when he came on against Germans

Bizarre.
He got 3 or 4 assists at the tournament, despite being a bit part player.

He had two
It perhaps doesn’t count as an assist, but he was directly involved in the first goal against Germany by laying it on a plate for Shaw to setup Sterling.

The assists were presumably the other against Germany and the goal against the Czechs.

Decent record for someone who only played 172 minutes at the entire tournament.

He spends more time on the deck than being a threat
I reckon he's got talent- but he needs to be a lot more effective
I'm not sure if he's being mismanaged or we've already seen the full extent of his abilities
But right now he just doesn't do it for me
I wouldn't like to part with an enormous fee for him - he'd still be a risk IMO

Back