Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

A full house watches Dundee v Rangers at Dens Park, 1949:

SIDAhyc.jpg

Colin Stein in action v Athletic Bilbao in the Fairs Cup QF, 2nd April 1969:

yEzxZaN.jpg
These old photos bring back some great memories.In the home leg we were only 2-1 up with 5 minutes to go then we got 2 late goals,Stein got one can't remember who got the other one.

Reactions: ao2
Re the 1-5 game in 1960. I didn’t realise just how shambolic their stadium was back then.

It didn't get much better over the best part of the next 40 years either! It's not known as the piggery just because of those who frequent it lol.

Yes mate. Dundee won 3-1 and were on course for the league. But on the last day they lost 4-1 to Falkirk and we won by the same score at Albion Rovers and we won it by a point to win The Treble!
By all accounts the score at Falkirk was a shock result and very much unexpected.

I could be wrong but was Jerry Dawson in goal for Falkirk that day, or connected to them anyway?

By all accounts the score at Falkirk was a shock result and very much unexpected.

I could be wrong but was Jerry Dawson in goal for Falkirk that day, or connected to them anyway?

He definitely was on their books but I can't remember if he played or not. I hope he did though!

Celtic 2-4 Rangers, 14th September 1968. The Bears head home happy after a joy day at the piggery. The natives are not so pleased:

lSgrgbx.jpg
What a day that was! That picture captures the atmosphere for me! We were giving it laldy :))

Last edited:
Back