Rangers announce £6,750,000 share offer to fans - Rangers shares have been issued

Finally bit the bullet after weeks of flip flopping and just completed the form to apply for £500 worth of shares.Really should be prioritising my house deposit fund but who knows when we’ll get this opportunity again.

Also dropped my Club1872 donation down to the minimum £5 a month after the continued carry on with the directors.
Ackt, and here’s me thinking you only wanted to be in the ballot for 4 Real Madrid tickets

Finally bit the bullet after weeks of flip flopping and just completed the form to apply for £500 worth of shares.Really should be prioritising my house deposit fund but who knows when we’ll get this opportunity again.

Also dropped my Club1872 donation down to the minimum £5 a month after the continued carry on with the directors.
How did you manage to get it to a fiver mate? The minimum looks like a tenner to me.

How did you manage to get it to a fiver mate? The minimum looks like a tenner to me.
My bad mate,I should have said ‘dropping’ rather than dropped.I literally logged on their website a moment after posting on here assuming it was a foregone conclusion and it turns out not only has the £5 option apparently been taken away,it’s not letting me log into my Club1872 account!!!

Didn’t mean to mislead anyone,literally just got ahead of myself thinking it would be down to the bare minimum within minutes of posting on here.:rolleyes:

My bad mate,I should have said ‘dropping’ rather than dropped.I literally logged on their website a moment after posting on here assuming it was a foregone conclusion and it turns out not only has the £5 option apparently been taken away,it’s not letting me log into my Club1872 account!!!

Didn’t mean to mislead anyone,literally just got ahead of myself thinking it would be down to the bare minimum within minutes of posting on here.:rolleyes:
Just cancel your DD.

Then you lose your vote - unless you are on the lifetime membership I think. Voting in support of Robert is the only way to effect change. Giving up the right to vote is a decision that should not be taken lightly.
Yeah! You’re correct of course, but personally I’m just scunnered with the whole bun fight and wanted out.
I don’t think it matters who has the reins, there’ll always be discontent and challenges.

Last edited:
Then you lose your vote - unless you are on the lifetime membership I think. Voting in support of Robert is the only way to effect change. Giving up the right to vote is a decision that should not be taken lightly.

Correct. Lifetime members have voting rights and can attend the upcoming meeting, irrespective of whether or not they are currently contributing. That’s exactly my scenario. I was contributing until this month, cancelled it, but can still vote etc. When I say cancelled, I mean paused really as if matters improve I will consider contributing again.

Dumb question. As part of the last minute surge, I want to buy these shares for my Dad.
I am 50% through the purchase but would quite like to have them in his name (and gift them)
Is this possible or way too much hassle? In regards ID etc?

I'm guessing the fact that they said it will close tonight 'or before' means if it had been over-subscribed, they would not just have taken my £500 tonight. I am guessing it is not over-subscribed.
I registered my interest but have had to bail out on it. Received an email today telling me that there was still an opportunity to invest so I assume you are right. Hopefully a solid uptake but looks like it certainly isnt over subscribed

Stupid question but there’s no mention of certificates being issued, is that likely?

‘The issue date will then be notified to you in advance and on that date, being the date on which you officially become a Rangers shareholder, all of your investment documentation will be available in your Tifosy Profile.’

Also note the transfer fee is £25 per transaction.

Stupid question but there’s no mention of certificates being issued, is that likely?

‘The issue date will then be notified to you in advance and on that date, being the date on which you officially become a Rangers shareholder, all of your investment documentation will be available in your Tifosy Profile.’

Also note the transfer fee is £25 per transaction.

To get the certs, you'll need to apply to Tifosy directly and there will be an admin charge of some sort. They'll then no longer be the custodians of your shares, so the club will need to contact you directly for submitting your vote via mail. If you keep them within Tifosy, you'll be able to do it all via them online.

Ultimately it will be your decision to make. I haven't decided what I'll do.

To get the certs, you'll need to apply to Tifosy directly and there will be an admin charge of some sort. They'll then no longer be the custodians of your shares, so the club will need to contact you directly for submitting your vote via mail. If you keep them within Tifosy, you'll be able to do it all via them online.

Ultimately it will be your decision to make. I haven't decided what I'll do.

Thanks, I think some might be disappointed not to be automatically issued with a certificate. I already have a certificate for others I hold so no real need for me to get another.

Now closed, e-mailed received, expect close out period to take no longer than 3 weeks.

E-mail advises to make sure documentation and funds are in account if not already.
My stats says "Funds Received" and "More information requested" and my status says "Application under Review".

Do I need to do anything?

My stats says "Funds Received" and "More information requested" and my status says "Application under Review".

Do I need to do anything?

Check your profile. Mine is fully complete and my status is-

Payment status
Funds Received

Due diligence status
Completed

Offer status
Applications under review

I did.

It says

More information requested and application under review. It's not clear to me if I have been successful.

The funds have been collected but the email states suggests "More information required" please action.
Is your profile 100% complete? Did you upload ID?

If you’re unsure what they require their chat facility is very good, office hours.

Isn’t there a process required to actually have our share certificate sent to us? I seem to remember a post saying Tifosy hold the documents unless I request different? Never having been a shareholder ( doesn’t that sound good!) before, I definitely want my certificate in my name. :)

I take it some people havent had to add documents?

Mine shows as due diligence complete and funds cleared but I’ve never had to add ID etc

I take it some people havent had to add documents?

Mine shows as due diligence complete and funds cleared but I’ve never had to add ID etc

In the dashboard on the left hand side your it will say Profile 100%

If you are missing ID/Docs it won't be 100% complete.

You will need to complete it.

Mine says.

Payment Status
Funds Received.

Due diligence status
Additional information requested

Offer Status
Application under review.

I have now uploaded a utility bill and my driving licence in addition to the original passport I uploaded.

Strange thing is under "Dashboard" it says 100% complete.

I’ve just went through everything on menu

Name
Registration
Documentation
Funds lodged
Due diligence
100% complete

the only bit I’m waiting on is the 3 week waiting period while my application is under review- which actually means they issue shares to my account

Mine says.

Payment Status
Funds Received.

Due diligence status
Additional information requested

Offer Status
Application under review.

I have now uploaded a utility bill and my driving licence in addition to the original passport I uploaded.

Strange thing is under "Dashboard" it says 100% complete.

Your profile is 100% complete.

Looking for opinions

Is anybody planning on taking their shares outwith the tifosy platform and into their own name fully (where you need to pay £25 admin fee to get them in your name)

Im tempted to go down this route but unsure if would cause more hassle than it’s worth in the future?

Looking for opinions

Is anybody planning on taking their shares outwith the tifosy platform and into their own name fully (where you need to pay £25 admin fee to get them in your name)

Im tempted to go down this route but unsure if would cause more hassle than it’s worth in the future?
I didn’t buy through Tifosy but do have shares in my own name (‘certificated’ being the term used I think). All correspondence relating to them comes through the Registrar, Link Asset Services, and I was able to register on their site and I can vote at the AGM electronically or attend in person if I choose. Works fine fir me and I have the certificate showing me as the shares owner.

Does anyone know how to change address for existing shares?
Need to write or phone the Registrar, Link Group. From their FAQ:

If you have moved please let us know so we can update your personal details and keep you informed about your shareholding.

For security reasons, we cannot accept your request by email or through the 'contact us' form.

If you hold your shares in CREST you will need to contact your provider to make the changes.

If you have already registered, you can login to change your address. Once logged in, click on ‘Manage your account’ at the top of the screen and then select ‘My details’ to change your address.

If you haven’t registered you can do so and update your address immediately. Go to the home screen and follow the link to ‘register an account’. You’ll need to enter your investor code, surname and postcode - enter the post code we have registered for you rather than your new details.

Phone

Call our Helpline on 0371 664 0300 and select the option to change your personal information.

To locate and help you, our Customer Service team will need to complete a security check – have your personal details ready.

Calls are charged at the standard geographic rate and will vary by provider. Calls outside the United Kingdom will be charged at the applicable international rate.

We are open Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 17:30pm excluding bank holidays in England and Wales.

Write to us at the address below:

Link Group, 10th Floor, Central Square, 29 Wellington Street, Leeds LS1 4DL

Make sure that your letter includes:

· The name of the company(ies) that you hold shares in

· The name of the shareholder

· The signature of the shareholder or legal representative

· The previous and new address

You do not need to send any documentation such as the share certificate with this request. The change will be processed within 5 days.

Next steps

Once your address has been changed, you will receive an acknowledgement through the post

Back