Pathetic Quality From Castore

I've got a couple of Lazio tops, that are about 3 years old made by Macron's, even sponsorship free, that being the reason I bought them too.

They are still in excellent condition, but when macron were mentioned on here as a possible shirt supplier, we were told by many that we shouldn't be dealing with a Mickey mouse company like them, even though they deal with top italian clubs.

As for nike, after the abomination of one of Italy's classic tops, what they've done to the inter top is downright criminal. Nike should stick to athletics.
That inter shirt is a thing of beauty

I've got a couple of Lazio tops, that are about 3 years old made by Macron's, even sponsorship free, that being the reason I bought them too.

They are still in excellent condition, but when macron were mentioned on here as a possible shirt supplier, we were told by many that we shouldn't be dealing with a Mickey mouse company like them, even though they deal with top italian clubs.

As for nike, after the abomination of one of Italy's classic tops, what they've done to the inter top is downright criminal. Nike should stick to athletics.

You mean the widely well-received Inter top? And which Italy shirt are you talking about?

Sorry, I was not expecting you take things quite as literally as that.

You hit the nail on the head when you said 'Yeah, dont buy it if you don't want it, fine, and as long as its all on Castores budget for unsold items great.'

That is all you needed to say. All anyone needed to say. It is on Castore, they are licensed to use Rangers branding. You can relax a little about it now.

Wasn't taking it literally, but you tried to take the emotional attachment out of the purchase which is one of, if not the only driving factor behind fans parting with hard cash for sub standard products.

I do agree that as long as its Castores dime and not affecting our 'take' it makes the choice easier.

No, I am getting it. People are moaning because they now have a choice they previously did not have and are trying to justify it in weird and wonderful ways.

If you want to buy a shirt, buy it. If you do not want to buy it, don't. Nothing else at all should have to be said.
Well I paid for 2 tops and only 1 arrived. There not fucking interested and we are made out to be lying .

No you compared it to buying a specific brand of car. You don't support the car brand. It doesn't give you goosebumps, take you to heights of ecstacy and dump you in pits of despair. Thete is no emotional attachment. The club and castore have been made aware they are stretching themselves too thin, producing lesser quality items in volume to make money. Now end of season celebration, anniversary etc I'm in, all the way. A half and half scarf and a pretty poor looking t-shirt for a pre season friendly with 2000 fans is taking the piss. Yeah, dont buy it if you don't want it, fine, and as long as its all on Castores budget for unsold items great. What's next though, do we have a Madrid one next week, how about qualified for CL in a few weeks, maybe a commemorative pumped the scum 8-0 after we skelp them in august, %^*& it, let's get a happy birthday gaffer t-shirt out, someone grab me a calender...
TBF I'd give my right baw to have these on sale early September.

Got the navy blue and orange quarter zip top today and it is a stunner. Looks and feels quality, branding is stitched, apart from sponsor, and as it should be.

I think we're just in a real mixed bag/lottery with Castore, which isn't good enough for the money we're paying. Relief shouldn't be accompanying the excitement of getting new Rangers gear.

It’s not in the style of rangers though you could see what they are doing with the inter one

think it looks brilliant one of the better strips this year
I'm a traditionalist when it comes to football shirts, especially iconic home jerseys, as inters shirt is.

That's why I liked the 2012 Rangers top, sponsors at a minimum and the Rangers crest, the most iconic part of our shirt for me.

They can do what they like with away jerseys and my god, they didnt half do it with inters away top last season.

I'm a traditionalist when it comes to football shirts, especially iconic home jerseys, as inters shirt is.

That's why I liked the 2012 Rangers top, sponsors at a minimum and the Rangers crest, the most iconic part of our shirt for me.

They can do what they like with away jerseys and my god, they didnt half do it with inters away top last season.
I hated that top of ours.

not for the design just the fact it reminds me of some of the white players and the utter slog of the lower division

0f25ee2d869ef533343ffaed0b830712.jpg

I hated that top of ours.

not for the design just the fact it reminds me of some of the white players and the utter slog of the lower division
I know what you mean by that, but that top was basically part of my first Rangers strip as a kid, and I also liked the red socks with the white top on them. I suppose my memories are good as we won the ecwc in more or less the same shirt.

Folk with longstanding issues such as delivery/refund problems should 100% start commenting on Tom Beahon or Pascal Lafitte’s posts on LinkedIn. That will make them take an interest.

They will hate having that start to follow them on LinkedIn.

If we were still in the doldrums of fighting for 2nd place (never mind the title) this issue would be red hot with the support & we wouldn't lack voices to speak up on it.

The quality issues and clear detail on what the "obligations" are that Castore say they have to Sports Direct were not adequately addressed.

Apparently C1872 taking it up with Castore didn't go down well in the board room.

Just got back from holiday today and finally got hands on the late-delivered infant kit for the wee man that arrived while we were away.

Seems okay bar some fairly poor embroidery on the Castore logo. The usual small, squinty “e” in particular. Not something bad enough to put myself through a returns Hell over certainly.

The general quality of it is pretty much par for the course but it’s a nice design.

Infant kit benefits from far less garish sponsor logos. Saw a few adults cutting about in it on holiday and the big Seko on the back genuinely puts me off to the point I’m not ordering for now. Will see if it grows on me over the season to justify shelling out. No rush after the turgid wait on the wee man’s order for the premium delivery charge.

Just got back from holiday today and finally got hands on the late-delivered infant kit for the wee man that arrived while we were away.

Seems okay bar some fairly poor embroidery on the Castore logo. The usual small, squinty “e” in particular. Not something bad enough to put myself through a returns Hell over certainly.

The general quality of it is pretty much par for the course but it’s a nice design.

Infant kit benefits from far less garish sponsor logos. Saw a few adults cutting about in it on holiday and the big Seko on the back genuinely puts me off to the point I’m not ordering for now. Will see if it grows on me over the season to justify shelling out. No rush after the turgid wait on the wee man’s order for the premium delivery charge.
Sums up my own thoughts - my kids strips look really good from photo especially with the numbering and lettering they have, up close they aren’t great.
The adults version with Seko is a monstrosity

I can see why it’s on the players kit
Fair enough
But cmon to %^*&, it’s a fans jersey
Who wants to be walking about like a human advertising board, the utilita at the bottom was at least kind of discreet. The Seko is just a piss take

Email yesterday cancelling my order ( had not asked for it to be cancelled) and giving me refund into bank in 7-10 working days. Anyone else had same ?

Bought an XL and it's a bit tight. It feels more like a standard Large. It fits, but I prefer my tops to have a loose fitting for comfort. A bit of a ball ache, but I guess that's what happens when you buy online and not in the store.

Other than that, it's much nicer in person. Probably the best looking top we've had in a long time.

My size Large feels better than last seasons fitting wise.

Done the dreaded first wash yesterday, 30 degree short wash work like colours (inside out) in this heat it was dry within an hour outside thankfully all logos have remained on.

Back