Status
Not open for further replies.
B-)

Frank Murphy

Considering retirement

23 minutes ago#73
Here are Postecoglou’s comments from the Sunday Times today:

Four out for Celtic’s European opener
Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou revealed last night that James Forrest, Mikey Johnston, Kyogo Furuhashi and Kristoffer Ajer won’t feature at all in the first leg of Tuesday’s Champions League second qualifying round against FC Midtjylland.
Ryan Christie, Nir Biton and Ismaila Soro also only have an outside chance of being available to face the Danes.
“There are a couple who are close and we didn’t want to risk them today so they will all train tomorrow,” he said. “Because James missed so much [self-isolating] - he was out for ten days and we have just got to be a little bit careful with him. Tuesday could be a little bit early for him.”

Norwegian international defender Ajer, who has been the subject of a £13.5m bid from Brentford, wasn’t in the squad and Postecoglou was reluctant to discuss his position. “I’m not thinking about that stuff,” he stressed.

“The guys who are going to leave will leave. That’s not my department: I’m concentrating on what’s in front of me.” Asked whether he was left out due to his impending departure, Postecoglou replied: “Yeah, well he wasn’t involved today. I can’t afford to waste time on anyone other than the ones who are here and committed to being here.”

Is that not along the lines with what TLB said last year then he ended up stuck with them. And the rest is history. :D

Reiver82

18 min. ago#4013
Now the Euros are over - it's time for Dom to get that crumpled old cheque book out and start spending some of that season book cash. The Italian keeper and at least three Danes would make a promising start. I'm assuming Dom is making the decisions here
Since PSG signed him for free, they might be tempted to sell him for £100m.

:D

Jim Tim

First-team captain

4 minutes ago#6101
Signing O'donnell would bring some balance to the team. But only in the sense that he would be a Taylor for the right hand side.

It would mean that we would have 2 full backs who would be woefully unsuitable for the role they need to play under this manager. And it's a key role in his system. Even as a stopgap it means eventually he'll just be a drain on the wage bill as he's not good enough as back up.

I'll say it again-Lee O'Conner played over 30 games at RB for Tranmere last season. Why isn't he worth a shot?

:D

Jim Tim

First-team captain

4 minutes ago#6101
Signing O'donnell would bring some balance to the team. But only in the sense that he would be a Taylor for the right hand side.

It would mean that we would have 2 full backs who would be woefully unsuitable for the role they need to play under this manager. And it's a key role in his system. Even as a stopgap it means eventually he'll just be a drain on the wage bill as he's not good enough as back up.

I'll say it again-Lee O'Conner played over 30 games at RB for Tranmere last season. Why isn't he worth a shot?

Well his name ticks the right box for them for a start.

Looked him up. He is already a Celtc player, who was loaned to Tranmere.

That's like us saying last year, "hey that Stephen Kelly at Ross County is worth a shot!"

It’s Clarke by Christmas :))
HugeFatGoosefish-max-1mb.gif

Well his name ticks the right box for them for a start.

Looked him up. He is already a Celtc player, who was loaned to Tranmere.

That's like us saying last year, "hey that Stephen Kelly at Ross County is worth a shot!"
These cunts are thick as shite as long as it’s not the skitters.

Temp to be in the mid 20s even by k/o time tonight so they will be literally melting down.

Lucky for them their players aren't unfit and being asked to run around like headless chickens in matches.

:cool:
Hot temperatures mean short fuses

a bog standard 2-0 defeat tonight could result in a car park demo after the game against torys in the boardroom

:)

Blinkerscat

Potential - Starting 11

I’m born in 86. Fair shout to be the worst Celtic team to start a season in my lifetime.

Barkas
Ralston
Welsh
Ogharide
Taylor

McGregor
Turnbull
Shaw

Montgomery
Ajeti
Dembele
Dembele is out with a medium to long term injury, same as Johnstone. I reckon he'll throw forrest in tonight with zero fitness and cross his fingers as he's noone else he can play.

Barkas - 7 (done well with what Ange wants him to do)
Ralston - 5 (not bad, not great)
Welsh - 8 (fecking rock, wee (big) man done us well)
Bitton - 1 (WTF, YFBB)
Taylor - 6 (again. not great, not bad)
McGregor - 8 (I've missed ye)
Soro - 6 (solid without making an impact)
Abada - 7 (threatening, was always making something happen)
Christie - 3 (p**h, f**k o**)
Turnbll- 6 (no bad but......)
Edouard - 3 (p**h, f**k o**)

SUBS
Murray - 7 (Nice wee (big?) man, done really well)
Ajeti - 3 (done nothing when he came on and we need him tae dae something)
Rogic - 4 (he ran around a lot)

Barkas 7/10 B-D

Barkas - 7 (done well with what Ange wants him to do)
Ralston - 5 (not bad, not great)
Welsh - 8 (fecking rock, wee (big) man done us well)
Bitton - 1 (WTF, YFBB)
Taylor - 6 (again. not great, not bad)
McGregor - 8 (I've missed ye)
Soro - 6 (solid without making an impact)
Abada - 7 (threatening, was always making something happen)
Christie - 3 (p**h, f**k o**)
Turnbll- 6 (no bad but......)
Edouard - 3 (p**h, f**k o**)

SUBS
Murray - 7 (Nice wee (big?) man, done really well)
Ajeti - 3 (done nothing when he came on and we need him tae dae something)
Rogic - 4 (he ran around a lot)

Barkas 7/10 B-D
Quite amusing, his average score for the starting 11 was 5.5… they don’t know how far this goes

Danes were a shadow of the team we played

Ref sending off Dreyer was a joke

Big Angie trying to get Barky to play a sweeper keeper is unreal

The guy cannot extend his arms to make a simple save

I hope the Danes are better next week as they were shite tonight
It’s quite clever.

If he’s not going to use his hands he might as well push further up the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back