Real Madrid Tickets

Factoring MyGers into season ticket holders seat allocation was wrong and has been shown to be so.
Defo it should never have been used for home games.

Also I think they are testing the mygers ticket purchase system using the home friendlys. That's meant to buy away tickets

Ie you get your time slot to purchase depending on your tier you then go buy the ticket..... well wait in the website queue to buy ticket.

This is wrong as well.

The system should be for registering interest only then fairly balloting those that applied and the club then can auto take the funds.

As they will know the split between each tier.

Also people with kids and multiple tickets the friends and family party works for some and not others Meaning people can be spending an age to buy 3 or 4 tickets.

We have took a system that should have been simple and made it over complicated

At no point should it be first come first served in a scheme where you pay to be part of........and I'm a gold member.

Tickets for the Real Madrid game aren't the star prize that people seem to think. The players that were involved in the Euros and Copa America won't be coming - some 11 players. It'll be very much a second string team that Real are sending.

Who the opposition are or the team they field is irrelevant IMO. The club have made a balls up and need to put their hands up. I signed up for priority for friendlies along with 9000 other folk and we should have at least 2 tickets out of 3 for the friendly games at Ibrox. Because of someone somewhere’s error most of us have 1. With 17 months between our last game with a crowd and these 3 games you’d think they’d have had plenty time to make sure their processes were spot on.

Tickets for the Real Madrid game aren't the star prize that people seem to think. The players that were involved in the Euros and Copa America won't be coming - some 11 players. It'll be very much a second string team that Real are sending.
It isn't really the point.

It could have been Pollok juniors we're playing.
They haven't stuck to their own rules.

They certainly would have stuck to their own rules if it was Pollok juniors.

Thats not the point. For me, I dont care if its real madrid or cowdenbeath.

Its the process thats followed that is wrong. Like many, I checked the 'I want to attend friendlies' Many didnt. Many who didnt are getting tickets for the friendlies. Its wrong. As simple as that.

Its not a dig at fans. Its a dig at who ever made the decision.

but they weren't entitled to the tickets initially , the club are looking at a large majority of those who ticked the box not doing so next season , if they try and at least rectify their mistake it shows they're learning lessons from mistakes and acting accordingly .......... this " aww FFS we've made a boob oops !!! " is a terrible look and not a sign of a work in progress
I think you're debating with the wrong person mate. I'm not saying what's right or wrong, I'm telling you what I'd expect to happen in the real world.

As I said, the club will probably have more confidence in a good number of those folk saying they're never ticking the box again having a change of heart come the actual time.

They'll live with the short-term bad look when they know that loyalty and goodwill (if results are going well) will trump it in the end.

Who the opposition are or the team they field is irrelevant IMO. The club have made a balls up and need to put their hands up. I signed up for priority for friendlies along with 9000 other folk and we should have at least 2 tickets out of 3 for the friendly games at Ibrox. Because of someone somewhere’s error most of us have 1. With 17 months between our last game with a crowd and these 3 games you’d think they’d have had plenty time to make sure their processes were spot on.
A process which would have taken 2 mins to discuss and less time to implement.

What it tells you is, aside from Bury that had the feel good factor of Gerrards first game, normally only circa 40-50% of ST holders attend

Of the ST holders that attend, friendlies CCCS members make up almost half of the number
Can back that up (sort of) through the numbers that attend through our RSC, out of 90 members with season tickets our bus to the Oxford game a few years back had around 20 on it, and even then around 5 of them weren't regulars and had picked up tickets themselves as they weren't ST holders, they'd just taken the chance to go and see Rangers.

I've managed to pick up two tickets for Sunday through mates who were allocated them despite not ticking the box and can't go, however I'm in the Broomloan rear and my son is in the Copland front, not a big issue as he's 16, just more of an annoyance having ticked the box for both of us and being in the F&F scheme too.

Last edited:
As stated above the issue is that 9000 members signed up for friendly games and this means that regardless of who we play the money is deducted from your account. You have entered a contract, the club for there wisdom has decided %^*& that lets give them to anybody. Its shit from the club.

Its like winning the lottery without buying a ticket.

If the club held their hands up, admitted they’ve made a mistake and that they’ll ensure something like this doesn’t happen again, I’ll still not be happy, but I’ll at least feel like they value me as a supporter, and don’t just see me as someone who will keep giving them money, regardless of how I’m treated. I don’t want the tickets taken off people who have been allocated them, as it isn’t their fault. The silence from Rangers is deafening though.

I understand the unhappiness but I'm not sure it's 'huge mistake', a 'calamity', etc.
So what would you describe the club not following its own processes as?

In the days of the old away scheme, if you were on the scheme and didn't get a ticket for Parkhead, but someone who wasn't on the scheme did - would that not be a huge mistake by the club?

This is the exact same

It’s not shite.

the board just spent millions on a new pitch and against the advice of the groundstaff organised too many friendlies, that’s just one example
I was surprised at having too friendlies in 2 days

I totally get that but it's just the principle of the decision for me. Real Madrid are rarely in town, no matter if it's a friendly or not and to give the tickets to people that didn't want them or wouldn't commit to friendlies is wrong. Plenty folk sign up no matter who the game is and to have Madrid taken away is rotten

Why have I been I emailed regarding the Madrid friendly?I didnt sign up for friendlies I’m not on the cccs.Why are they offering me a ticket when I’m not interested in friendlies and there are others who are wanting them?Seems a bit of a fu*king mess if you ask me.

It’s not shite.

the board just spent millions on a new pitch and against the advice of the groundstaff organised too many friendlies, that’s just one example

It is a lot of shîte – the club being held together by Gerrard? It's an embarrassing statement.

The club is making an arse of some things, there's enough to discuss in that regard without the hyperbole.

Some of the practices, procedures, systems and I hate to say this sadly people who operate in the ticket office and dealing of tickets are the same people who’ve been there for the past 20 year.

We are running the same systems and ballots we done 15-20 years ago.

I personally couldn’t care too much that I got Brighton and hearing that people who didn’t sign up got Real Madrid. However I do understand some people’s frustration - this whole loyalty MyGers thing has failed at the first hurdle and it is not acceptable.

At least what they should do now is guarantee all MyGers, Season Ticket Holders who did sign up for friendlies tickets for the Livingston game.

Two wrongs don’t make a right but it’s a kick in the teeth to some people who have a right to complain about this.

The club is in the best position it's been for about 15 years yet all we hear is constant moaning form fans who think they should get what they want when they want it. It's extremely childish.
Agree. We watched on as Septic fans tore into their club last year and quite rightly had a good laugh at their expense. We are and rightly should be better than some of the comments around the pre season friendly ticketing. Covid times are difficult times and the club like many other institutions don’t always get things right, but I’ve no doubt they are trying their level best.

Complete shambles by the club.
Have lost a lot of goodwill and confidence among many.
The fact they haven’t as yet even acknowledged the situation is compounding their error.

did they tick the " Friendly " box ?? if yes they have a right to be pissed off and if its " No " why are they pissed off ?
We're pissed off because we've been offered a ticket but are seemingly unable to purchase that ticket.
Seems the club have given themselves a lot of work at the same time as pissing of a lot of supporters.

Has there been any indication that the club are even going to address this mess in any way?

Pitch issue aside its not that unusual, we do it when we're playing in pre season tournaments etc.

With the Blackpool game cancelled it's actually worked out ok.
I know. Normally I wouldn’t have thought twice about it. But since it’s a new pitch, I’d have thought it might need time to properly bed in and two games in 24hrs might not be great.

but I’ve no real clue

Its just typical Rangers.

Pretend they're a professional outfit, but they're the furthest thing from it off the park. Club is held together by Gerrard, if he wasn't here it would be massive drama after drama every week.

Only good at fleecing fans.
They've handled a difficult, unprecedented and ever changing situation badly, I'll give you that. But given the strides we've seen on and off the park in recent years and the personal financial commitment of the directors, to suggest the club has no professional standards outwith Gerrard, is grossly unfair and patently untrue.

Its just typical Rangers.

Pretend they're a professional outfit, but they're the furthest thing from it off the park. Club is held together by Gerrard, if he wasn't here it would be massive drama after drama every week.

Only good at fleecing fans.
Who’s been fleeced?

Agree. We watched on as Septic fans tore into their club last year and quite rightly had a good laugh at their expense. We are and rightly should be better than some of the comments around the pre season friendly ticketing. Covid times are difficult times and the club like many other institutions don’t always get things right, but I’ve no doubt they are trying their level best.
The club trying their level best, would have been to ensure those who signed up to the scheme, were balloted for the tickets that signing up to the scheme should have entitled them to

The frustrations directed at the club are fair

Even more so, when you see of people being offered tickets, who can't then buy them.

Frustrations directed at each other though - I agree aren't right

No need for MyGers at all IMO just a money grab from the club
Why would a Rangers ‘fan’ make statements to discourage people putting money into our club by whatever means (MyGers, share issue, ST, picture wall, kit, museum membership etc). All finance is needed to grow and improve year on year.

Should get first dibs on the Livi tickets
Absolutely not

That should be the straight ballot between STH's that the club have already said it'll be

Regardless of the mess they've created over this, no-one signs up to have extra priority to the league games with their season ticket

What will be interesting though is the UCL game in the event it's not a full crowd.

How many are on the ALL NON SEASON TICKET HOME GAMES scheme?

Why would a Rangers ‘fan’ make statements to discourage people putting money into our club by whatever means (MyGers, share issue, ST, picture wall, kit, museum membership etc). All finance is needed to grow and improve year on year.
If Rangers want charity they can ask for charity.

They're framing Mygers as a service that currently provides nothing, it's a monetised ticket waiting list as of now.

The club know that thousands of fans - many of them working class guys - are too loyal not to sign up for every incentive going, particularly when we know that points make prizes - or, in this occasion, match tickets. Morally, I find it really questionable.

The club is in the best position it's been for about 15 years yet all we hear is constant moaning form fans who think they should get what they want when they want it. It's extremely childish.
I go into McDonalds. I pay my money and get what I want as per their offer on their menu. What's the difference here?

Reactions: VGM
Should be sorted if you've got a confirmation email mate. Once you've got that, it's your ticket and has a QR code on it that you use from your phone to get in the stadium on the day.

EDIT - You still have to go in and actually purchase the ticket mate, sorry if I've not made that clear. So go to the Real Madrid game, select a seat (this is the bit some folk are having issues with as you have to try working your way around the areas and stands to find an available one) and you have to buy it - putting in card details, etc. It's not an automated purchase on your smartcard.
Hit the underside of the bar...tried for ages and it’s the Brighton game just for info mate...to further explain my exasperated state. The ticket office have made many a %^*& up over the years, but this is without doubt their worst...yet! I’ll keep trying mate...no surrender and all that!

Back