Our new away kit leaked (allegedly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ir looks dreadful. Although I thought the same about the Home Kit when I seen the pictures of that and it's actually a lot nicer in real life, the pics didn't really do it justice.

There was a video interview with Wilson and Bisgrove.

A question was asked about the anniversary kits and the kits for 2022/23, they said jokingly that they both had differing views on what a Rangers kit should be like. With Wilson saying he’s more of a traditionalist when it comes to kits.

Kit discussion starts 27mins 27secs in.

Thanks mate. I remember this going up but never watched it.

What was it people say about if you had 2 Rangers supporters on a desert island within a week there would be 3 Rangers supporters clubs?

Seems like here we've got a black and gold 2nd kit AND a navy and beige 2nd kit.
It is beige mate, dull Matt beige. I love my tops and collect them but castore seem to %^*& stuff up for no obvious reason. It’s bizarre.

tyCKUTG.png
Jesus Christ that’s so amateur. That isn’t the shop’s URL and that one doesn’t work ffs.

I can’t stand this obsession they have with putting shite on the shoulders. It’s on everything this season. Lazy and uninspiring design. Something a tim would design for us.
The home kit doesn’t have anything on the shoulders

Normally like black tops but not that one. The red in it automatically makes me think it’s a Liverpool away top.

ugly top aside, I don't understand why we would be using any colour other than red or white or a combination of both on our 150th anniversary.

It’s alright. Nothing more nothing less.

I’ve not been a massive fan of any of the Castore tops TBH.

Much prefer the training gear but it’s way too expensive.

Everything about Castore is amateurish. Don’t worry though, they have Newcastle as their main flagship deal so I’m sure us Rangers fans will get even more quality service as a result.

It’s not as bad as people are making out but it is underwhelming considering the 150 yr celebration

I think the home tops a cracker, and worthy of the 150. This away top is quite boring.

I'm not really sure what actually makes a good or bad football top?

I can see why totally off the wall designs and colours would be seen as horrible but most of the time our kit manufacturers play it pretty safe.

The Castore jerseys seem like pretty standard football tops. Side panels, shoulder panels, collars, cuffs it's all standard across manufacturers.

Not really sure what makes a jersey horrendous. Unless boring is horrendous or vile or whatever else gets thrown around.

I definitely see people's objection to the "gold" as its a bit of a bold choice from a Rangers perspective. Also the sponsor is always going to be an issue. Other than these the Castore jerseys have just seemed like pretty standard football tops.

What's causing the extreme negative reactions?

Don't know if its just an age thing but I really don't get why people 'seemingly' get so upset over a football strip.

I say seemingly as I don't know if its this new internet thing where being the angriest, or appearing so, makes them feel like they look cooler than everyone else, in reality though they probably aren't fussed but need to be seen to be so angry about everything on follow follow.

Its really pathetic to see.

Don't know if its just an age thing but I really don't get why people 'seemingly' get so upset over a football strip.

I say seemingly as I don't know if its this new internet thing where being the angriest, or appearing so, makes them feel like they look cooler than everyone else, in reality though they probably aren't fussed but need to be seen to be so angry about everything on follow follow.

I think a large percentage is just people having a laugh.

At least I hope so.

If anything the designs are pretty boring.
Not eye-meltingly bad.

Come on mate, this is ruining the legacy of 55 and will ruin 56. This is the worst thing to happen to our club in the last decade, easily.

Love the home strip but not a fan of this in that picture, don’t see me buying it at full price

So this season we have four kits for our four founders.

Anyone would surely have had a home, away and third with the anniversary badge and have all 3 of them based on classic favourites and then the fourth kit would be The Gallant Pioneers star kit...

It boggles my mind how they've already fucked that up. Were they too afraid that'd be playing it safe?

Anyone would surely have had a home, away and third with the anniversary badge and have all 3 of them based on classic favourites and then the fourth kit would be The Gallant Pioneers star kit...

It boggles my mind how they've already fucked that up. Were they too afraid that'd be playing it safe?
I am only guessing on this but I think what they went for (and failed with so far IMO) was the 1950's home shirt. 2010/11 black shirt, 1994/95 purple shirt and a gallant pioneers shirt (if rumours are to be believed)

I wonder if its just the ego of designers. People being paid to design these probably want to put their own stamp on it rather than being told "copy this".

Obviously there would be branding issues with copying any of our Adidas stuff with 3 stripes. I wouldn't be surprised if Nike held some kind of rights to their own designs and those couldn't be copied too closely.

Always thought it was weird that we never once saw a copy of the orange and navy vertical stripes from the Adidas days. Yet the tims have had that yellow and black monstrosity a load of times.

The home jersey is trying to be more like a classic design but with sponsors and stuff that never really works.

The away is just a standard football jersey and I expect the same will be true with the 3rd (maybe going adventurous with the colour).

Was last seasons "retro" kit even that popular?

Yeah, they should have gone 100% with homage to classic favourites across the 3 kits. It's too bad and too late now.

For the 4th jersey I would have wanted something like the Danish all red euro effort. Have the crest, sponsor, collar etc just a very slightly different tone of blue to the main blue of the jersey so it's just a plain blue top with everything else being subtle. I think we didn't even have a crest on the jerseys until the 70s?

F*ck it. They are just football tops so whatever.

I am only guessing on this but I think what they went for (and failed with so far IMO) was the 1950's home shirt. 2010/11 black shirt, 1994/95 purple shirt and a gallant pioneers shirt (if rumours are to be believed)
Yeah I could see that and agree that they're making an arse of it.

Maybe Tom and Phil's promises of not slacking off on us after they went on to Premier League clubs were just lip service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back