Real Madrid Tickets

I don't think it's that simple to be honest.

It's not just the tick box aspect that's a problem. It's how they've allowed the system to allocate tickets to unaccompanied juveniles. It's how the actual website and messaging is far from intuitive. It's how finding an available seat is proving nigh on impossible for some folk via a turgidly laborious process. It's how they'll handle balloting in general in future around some of these things - and also how they handle comms when fans point out issues and seek clarity on it.

FFS, even the "1 Requirement"/"2 Requirement" thing. That's clearly a text value to represnt which match allocated. Why the fck could they not have the tags be more clear? ie 1x Brighton Ballot, 1x Real Madrid Ballot? It's clearly confusing the fck out of people.

Even better why not have the matches shown as available to you are only the ones you can purchase? Button greyed out on games your account is not eligible for?
Our ticketing website has often been a farce - this has just exacerbated it

But the fact is, that home games won't be going to ballots for much longer (hopefully) meaning that the issues with unaccompanied juveniles, and a completely useless selection system will be out the window

It would have been far far easier if they just allocated tickets to those in the ballot and you logged in and paid for them - if you and your F&F got tickets, then you automatically get tickets together.

As for the messaging - well it's been clear as mud

Even prior to mygers I always ticked the friendlies box despite generally being on holiday at that time but liked to give the club the money and give someone a ticket who wouldn't usually go. This is probably the final straw after a long string of mistakes, won't be ticking it going forward.

Exactly mate, it’ll be euro away games and additional mygers shite that gets you up but if everyone plays the game, people won’t be going anywhere
I wonder when the next Euro away game will actually be where we can travel? Best bet is probably to draw an English side in the group stage of whatever tournament we end up in.

Of course it will be, people will buy every ticket they can do whether they plan to go or not

The club thought people would only buy tickets they want to go to but they’re living in a fantasy world - Blackpool was perfect example, spares flying about everywhere
To be honest, the CCCS has always been a bit like that IMHO. I've obviously always bought every ticket available to me via it because if you ever don't you're off the scheme. So games I couldn't attend I'd usually give to a mate or colleague (always free of charge) to retain the CCCS place and to have a bum in a seat at Ibrox. I have missed the odd game and had the seat empty though.

I've never used SeatSub, but appreciate it's another option.

Now the MyGers points add a further incentive to folk to buy tickets they won't attend for and likely a lot will sell on (some likely at a profit depending on demand).

Points-based systems like this are always going to have contentious issues and inherently they can actually create some disparities that are near insurmountable and many will find unfair. Rewarding historic loyalty is completely understandable, but allowing new fans/generations an easy route to build that loyalty without simply seeing the gap grow wider is a very difficult balance to resolve and made more difficult if balloted matches then come into play too. Very difficult one to deal with as I can see both sides of the argument.

I wonder when the next Euro away game will actually be where we can travel? Best bet is probably to draw an English side in the group stage of whatever tournament we end up in.
No idea bud but 15 points per game mean euro travellers will massively benefit and climb up the list, particularly if they play the game and buy mygers shite

I’ll not be buying stuff anymore so relying on euro trips to keep me in gold. No incentive to get to the top of gold so I’ll just cruise by and stay in my current tier

Its just typical Rangers.

Pretend they're a professional outfit, but they're the furthest thing from it off the park. Club is held together by Gerrard, if he wasn't here it would be massive drama after drama every week.

Only good at fleecing fans.
I’m as pissed off as any other bear who ticked the friendlies box and got shafted. But the club is held together by Gerrard? Really?

Cummon mate, that’s hyperbole at its finest.

I feel the club is treading a very fine line with the support right now - The MyGers, full price season tickets and the way the friendly ticketing has been handled is just about accepted because the club did so well last year however a few bad results and this could absolutely blow up in their faces.

Nonsense. For every person that spits the dummy someone else will step up. I'll always renew season ticket and my gers membership regardless. Those are my annual donations to the club and I'd suggest our waiting list backs up what I'm saying.

Our ticketing website has often been a farce - this has just exacerbated it

But the fact is, that home games won't be going to ballots for much longer (hopefully) meaning that the issues with unaccompanied juveniles, and a completely useless selection system will be out the window

It would have been far far easier if they just allocated tickets to those in the ballot and you logged in and paid for them - if you and your F&F got tickets, then you automatically get tickets together.

As for the messaging - well it's been clear as mud
You would hope so, but their immediate issue is the distrust and disillusionment this creates until they prove they can do better.

To be honest, the CCCS has always been a bit like that IMHO. I've obviously always bought every ticket available to me via it because if you ever don't you're off the scheme. So games I couldn't attend I'd usually give to a mate or colleague (always free of charge) to retain the CCCS place and to have a bum in a seat at Ibrox. I have missed the odd game and had the seat empty though.

I've never used SeatSub, but appreciate it's another option.

Now the MyGers points add a further incentive to folk to buy tickets they won't attend for and likely a lot will sell on (some likely at a profit depending on demand).

Points-based systems like this are always going to have contentious issues and inherently they can actually create some disparities that are near insurmountable and many will find unfair. Rewarding historic loyalty is completely understandable, but allowing new fans/generations an easy route to build that loyalty without simply seeing the gap grow wider is a very difficult balance to resolve and made more difficult if balloted matches then come into play too. Very difficult one to deal with as I can see both sides of the argument.
I don’t want to derail the thread replying to this but I think CCCS away scheme is fairer and the number of members could’ve been sorted by having an entry fee to join that scheme

The number of ghost members would’ve drastically reduced but don’t want to derail the thread mate

I agree, an absolute Horlicks from the Club. As one who has signed up for friendlies and a MyGers gold tier member I am disappointed to discover that I wasn’t even in the ballot for the Madrid match. That’s all I wanted, a fair and equal chance of a ticket within the ST/MyGers rules laid down by the Club.

Aside from the Club issue, again as a member, I would like to see Club1872 take up this topic, but so far nothing from them either.
Did you get a ticket for the Arsenal game

Nonsense. For every person that spits the dummy someone else will step up. I'll always renew season ticket and my gers membership regardless. Those are my annual donations to the club and I'd suggest our waiting list backs up what I'm saying.
Just because someone is willing to 'step up' doesn't mean the club should have free rein to try an extort as much money out of the existing fans as they possible can.

I am gold tier my gers, take every ticket possible but didnt get one (got BHA) and I cant say personally I am angry or that bothered once the real action starts I will get tickets for the majority of games but I can understand if others are frustrated but in the scheme of things for me its pretty low down

Just because someone is willing to 'step up' doesn't mean the club should have free rein to try an extort as much money out of the existing fans as they possible can.

Well don't pay for a season ticket or my gers then.

Nobody at the club forces folk to pay it at the end of the day. Does Douglas Park personally come to your front door with a shotgun and ask you to handover money?

It's personal choice and I've no issues with it at all.

The same folk who spit the dummy are also the ones who would complain if we downgraded players to adjust to lesser income. If we want league trophies and European football consistently then that comes at a cost to us as fans.

I am not sure why there is a need to have the option for friendlies on the renewals even more so when you do not know if they will go ahead or how many will get in.

In my circumstances this is during the holiday period and most friendlies are glorified training sessions. The glamour ties usually end up in an understrength opposition team. These should be offered to Season Ticket holders with My Gers memberships and then to the public.

As it stands people are now just buying any ticket to obtain the points and then sell the ticket on to friends and family etc. Just another example of coining it once again and Rangers not really caring who gets the tickets as long as someone signs up for all the tickets regardless of the opposition.

Bring back the Tennent Caledonian Cup. Caledonian Cup

You don’t tick friendlies, guess what, you shouldn’t get friendlies. Imagine the uproar if it was some pishy wee team and folk who didn’t tick got money taken against their wishes? Where are you Greg? Gonna be an interesting explanation.
100% agree here! Imagine this friendly was against Raith Rovers or someone like that! People would be mad if they hadn’t ticked the box. We tick the box and we know we might be playing dross but we do expect to get first dibs on the tickets against your Real Madrids! It’s an absolute joke and a disgrace from our ticket office as usual. I can’t wait to go to Ibrox and I am looking forward to applauding Shane Duffy on his amazing campaign to ruin their tainted 9.75 last year! It’s the wean I feel for. As excited as he is about getting back to Ibrox he would have loved to have seen Real Madrid

The club is in the best position it's been for about 15 years yet all we hear is constant moaning form fans who think they should get what they want when they want it. It's extremely childish.
Fans want the Club to be successful on the pitch.

Fans want the Club to be run in a professional manner off the pitch.

It’s nothing to do with entitlement, we just want things run properly.

Regards to you and your family.

Its very straightforward.

Rangers have breached the financial agreement made at Season Ticket renewal by circa 9000 customers. Section 4 of the Season Ticket terms and conditions.

It shouldn’t have been left to your conscience what happened to tickets when the most famous football club in the world played Real Madrid

Livingston. Everyone bought a season ticket and has the same contract.

The Livingston equivalent of Real Madrid would be giving 17000 tickets to folk on the Season Ticket waiting list.
Fixed that for you

I feel the club is treading a very fine line with the support right now - The MyGers, full price season tickets and the way the friendly ticketing has been handled is just about accepted because the club did so well last year however a few bad results and this could absolutely blow up in their faces.

This is causing some folk to moan on a messageboard, it's probably not even caused a ripple elsewhere, the majority of fans couldn't give a monkeys about friendlies.

If you're waiting to stick the knife in to the board who've ploughed millions in to get us back on top over a few admin errors then that's simply ridiculous.

It will be if a significant percentage of those that signed up to “all friendlies” feel hard done to and tell the club to shove it next year when we go back to the glamour of Bury, Oxford etc.
You’re not wrong. They can shove it up their arses next season

This is causing some folk to moan on a messageboard, it's probably not even caused a ripple elsewhere, the majority of fans couldn't give a monkeys about friendlies.

If you're waiting to stick the knife in to the board who've ploughed millions in to get us back on top over a few admin errors then that's simply ridiculous.
From my experience, it’s the opposite. People I know that don’t post on here are livid too and I’m guessing everyone else will know people in a similar boat

Most of the chat I can see on social media too is why sign up for friendlies in the future and they won’t bother. The club have done themselves out of guaranteed income in the coming seasons

No idea bud but 15 points per game mean euro travellers will massively benefit and climb up the list, particularly if they play the game and buy mygers shite

I’ll not be buying stuff anymore so relying on euro trips to keep me in gold. No incentive to get to the top of gold so I’ll just cruise by and stay in my current tier
Yep the new points value for Euro aways make them very important. Hopefully collection in the host city will be implemented again otherwise loads will buy for the points and re-sell.

In just the past month they’ve made a mess of:

- Charging fan media 25k to attend press conferences
- Lifelong fan & photographer of 35 years important to the support not getting in to games anymore unless he forks up more than his yearly wage
- Fans who actually sign up to friendlys not getting to see the friendly against the biggest club in the world
- Effed up the MyGers exclusive preview kit launch
- SD releasing the kit & training stuff before Rangers
- Sending out the St Enochs, SD/Elite owned store address for the Rangers shop, and the wrong address in Belfast
- Releasing half and half Arsenal scarfs along with a collab tshirt comparable to the embarassing SD semi final one

Thats just off the top of my head.

Shambolic.

Do these issues really represent a club falling apart if Gerrard wasn't there to hold it together? I doubt the majority of folk even know or care about most of that list.

There’s a strong argument to say that any friendly ticketing issues are a relatively small mistake.
Just won the league for the first time in 10 years, coaching staff look best in the country by a long way, as does the playing squad. A huge mistake over a couple of friendly games? No, you’re simply wrong about that.

From my experience, it’s the opposite. People I know that don’t post on here are livid too and I’m guessing everyone else will know people in a similar boat

Most of the chat I can see on social media too is why sign up for friendlies in the future and they won’t bother. The club have done themselves out of guaranteed income in the coming seasons

No I get why some folk are a bit pissed off, I just don't think it has the support teetering on the brink of turning against the club and board the way the guy I quoted was talking.

Pure hyperbole.

Well don't pay for a season ticket or my gers then.

Nobody at the club forces folk to pay it at the end of the day. Does Douglas Park personally come to your front door with a shotgun and ask you to handover money?

It's personal choice and I've no issues with it at all.

The same folk who spit the dummy are also the ones who would complain if we downgraded players to adjust to lesser income. If we want league trophies and European football consistently then that comes at a cost to us as fans.
Define spit the dummy?

I’ve bought my ST and donated over an extra £1k this summer on stuff I don’t want or will never use purely to support the club

I joined the friendlies scheme in good faith, committing to buy any friendly whether it was Fraserburgh or Real Madrid

Why the fuck should I continue to plough money in if the club will change the goalposts at the drop of a hat? I’ll now buy tickets and tickets only. I probably spend an extra £5/600 every season in stuff out with tickets that they can ram up their arse from now on

Last edited by a moderator:
No I get why some folk are a bit pissed off, I just don't think it has the support teetering on the brink of turning against the club and board the way the guy I quoted was talking.

Pure hyperbole.
Yes agreed, I don’t think there’ll be a lynch mob but I do believe there’ll be countless people contacting the club to voice their displeasure

Agree now you’ve clarified

Define spit the £?

I’ve bought my ST and donated over an extra £1k this summer on stuff I don’t want or will never use purely to support the club

I joined the friendlies scheme in good faith, committing to buy any friendly whether it was Fraserburgh or Real Madrid

Why the %^*& should I continue to plough money in if the club will change the goalposts at the drop of a hat? I’ll now buy tickets and tickets only. I probably spend an extra £5/600 every season in stuff out with tickets that they can ram up their arse from now on

Good for you mate. You do what works for yourself

100 Mygers points should be awarded to all who ticked home friendlies and who have been shafted for the Real Madrid game.

10 or 20 fair enough but close to full value of a ST? Not a chance

How about instead of bashing our club, we wait until we're allowed full houses before the green eyed monster rears it's ugly head?

How about instead of bashing our club, we wait until we're allowed full houses before the green eyed monster rears it's ugly head?
What’s the relevance of this?

The club knew about Covid at renewal time and decided to have a friendlies cccs as part of the renewal process.

If they were going to disregard it, why have friendlies as an option? All ST holders had the chance to tick the box

Huge irony bypass from you having gone on ignore this week for venomous language towards people from Blackpool

Another thread veering in wrong direction.

May as well get rid of the friendlies tick box honestly, just offer friendly tickets to all ST holders and if we want them we just enter a ballot at the time, and in the event of reduced capacity (even though this will hopefully be the last time), they just get balloted before hand. Literally no point in ticking it for these friendlies to miss out to people who didn’t tick it. Nothing bad whatsoever to people who got tickets unexpectedly, it’s just a bit of an own goal by the club that hopefully they acknowledge.

If people have ticked a box on a form agreeing to take tickets for home friendlies (note you cannot specify on the form a list of clubs that you consider to be suitably attractive) then they should be given suitable priority. I don’t see how anyone can disagree with that

I have to feel sorry for the club indeed all football clubs.
The entire scenario has been difficult to negotiate for private businesses as the people calling the shots are public functionaries, who mostly don't have a clue about business or how it operates and who get their corn without having to compete for it in the real world and haven't lost a bean since this began.
Getting the balance for a limited-service that is so much in demand is almost impossible.
Probably communication should be more abundant but the problems are ones that change week to week and are often beyond the control of the club itself.

I also feel sorry for any supporter who shells out a load of money and yet cannot get to see Rangers playing at any time never mind this one.
One aspect of this, although not directly related to the ongoing restrictions, is that Gerrard is surely having an effect on the size of the numbers of people who want to watch his Rangers side play football and we really need to address the capacity of the stadium.

May as well get rid of the friendlies tick box honestly, just offer friendly tickets to all ST holders and if we want them we just enter a ballot at the time, and in the event of reduced capacity (even though this will hopefully be the last time), they just get balloted before hand. Literally no point in ticking it for these friendlies to miss out to people who didn’t tick it. Nothing bad whatsoever to people who got tickets unexpectedly, it’s just a bit of an own goal by the club that hopefully they acknowledge.
They won’t though purely because it’s guaranteed income

Back