Real Madrid Tickets

Cynic thinks it’s been done to ensure all available tickets sold. Box tickers pushed towards Brighton as Real will sell out regardless.

I’m starting to think this way too, which I think I also explains the club’s total silence on this.

Put it this way, I won’t be at all surprised if, once the payment deadline for Brighton has passed, more offers of Madrid tickets make their way to friendly CCCS punters.

I have to feel sorry for the club indeed all football clubs.
The entire scenario has been difficult to negotiate for private businesses as the people calling the shots are public functionaries, who mostly don't have a clue about business or how it operates and who get their corn without having to compete for it in the real world and haven't lost a bean since this began.
Getting the balance for a limited-service that is so much in demand is almost impossible.
Probably communication should be more abundant but the problems are ones that change week to week and are often beyond the control of the club itself.

I also feel sorry for any supporter who shells out a load of money and yet cannot get to see Rangers playing at any time never mind this one.
One aspect of this, although not directly related to the ongoing restrictions, is that Gerrard is surely having an effect on the size of the numbers of people who want to watch his Rangers side play football and we really need to address the capacity of the stadium.
That would’ve been relevant if the club hadn’t offered a friendlies cccs membership at the point of ST renewals

They obviously knew capacities would be limited, they shouldn’t have had ST holders sign up to a scheme if it was going to be disregarded

After trying and failing to ban the elements of the support that did not conform to what the club's idealised vision of the support to be as nothing that they did was actually illegal
The club are now attempting to price them out instead by prioritising access based on the size of your wallet and not how many games you have been to or are interested in going to.

Hence the creation of MyGers

Cynic thinks it’s been done to ensure all available tickets sold. Box tickers pushed towards Brighton as Real will sell out regardless.
Yes,punt Brighton tickets on to those who have already done Wigan,Oxford Utd,Bury,Blackburn,HJK etc,they won’t mind.
Then sell Real Madrid to those not keen on attending friendlies.

See really though, if folk didn't sign up for friendlies they may not even buy their ticket.

I know many will and I'm on the fence same as the OP but if folk didn't check friendlies they may not be interested in friendlies and not take the tickets...

By Friday any tickets not taken should go into a ballot for those that checked the box.

Huge irony bypass from you having gone on ignore this week for venomous language towards people from Blackpool

Another thread veering in wrong direction.
Eh? How is speaking the truth from personal experience classed as venomous?

There was an article online just this morning about seaside resorts and it confirmed basically how I described Blackpool. An excerpt:

"Blackpool: Most deprived local authority in England, lowest life expectancy for both males and females; highest rates of hospital admissions for alcohol‑related harm and drug‑related death"

This is causing some folk to moan on a messageboard, it's probably not even caused a ripple elsewhere, the majority of fans couldn't give a monkeys about friendlies.

If you're waiting to stick the knife in to the board who've ploughed millions in to get us back on top over a few admin errors then that's simply ridiculous.
Fans collectively have also ploughed millions into the club, more so than the board. We just want to be treated fairly with competence.

Every ticket has gone to a Rangers season ticket holder, I don't grudge any of them seeing our team after 16 long months. I truly hope they have a brilliant day seeing us beat the biggest name in world football.

But the simple truth is Rangers have made a horrendous arse of how they did this, they have managed to turn our return to Ibrox into a calamity.

The closest I can compare it to is those who join the CCCS for semi finals and finals getting a semi ticket against Motherwell, then final tickets against Celtic going to those who weren't in the CCCS. Those who committed up front to friendlies simply had to get first priority for Real Madrid. It's akin to Rangers ripping up a contract with them. Whoever decided to do it this way has destroyed a lot of goodwill, got fans arguing among themselves, and should never have anything to do with ticketing decisions ever again.

I think some on here walk about in a constant state of rage.

Could it have been handled better - yeah , I think the should have offered those who ticked the box the choice of game but c'mon man have a look at the big picture.

The club ensured that everyone who ticked the friendly box got a ticket to one of the games, the remainder gave been allocated to season ticket/my gers members - i.e people who have backed the club during the pandemic.

This board have done more than enough for the club to earn more respect than some give them when they don't get there way.

I got an email saying I had one. I never ticked the 'friendlies' box and don't go to friendlies and I'm away this weekend so won't be taking it up.

Edit: ticket gone.

Last edited:
Not when capacity is limited. That would be entirely unfair.
You should do,the whole scheme is based on things you purchase(match tickets rickets being the main one).

Not sure if serious?

Why should someone, who, in many cases, hasn’t signed up to the appropriate scheme, get points that another person, who did, but wasn’t selected, doesn’t?

@MSF has it nailed.

If they did that, they’d been as incompetent as they appear.

I was a bit upset when I realised that all season ticket holders were being balloted. I always attend all pre season games unless on holiday.
When it said we were getting in for these games I did assume that those who applied through CCCS would have first option.
Seeing 12k were being allowed for Madrid I did assume I would be there.
I got Brighton therefore looks like I wouldn’t have even been in ballot for Madrid.
Anyway you look at it I think that’s unfair.
All CCCS applicants should have been in ballot for all games.

Got lucky in the ballot, as did my dad. How do we get tickets together though? Or is this not possible?

Can’t select two tickets and can only select for a certain section of the ground.
Just pick the same area of the ground as him - then you can just sit together when you are in.

BR3 defo has 2 together

You and your dad need to be in a friends and family group.
You then try and buy two tickets,anywhere that has two together,then allocate the second ticket to your dad by selecting his name (if it is you that is logged in).
Update basket and checkout.
(This is how it should work,but there seems to be some issues).
Keep trying and good luck

Cheers mate, appreciated. Got two tickets next to each other in GF4 so worked out well in the end. Buzzing to get back to Ibrox!

For what it’s worth. I didn’t tick the friendlies box and was lucky in the ballot. Very unfair and I’d be unhappy if I was I had ticked and not been allocated. Missed out on games in the past which I thought was unfair so completely empathise.

Last edited:
I have an element of sympathy for the club regards this. Despite ticking the friendlies box I haven't been allocated a Real Madrid ticket either. However, I'm not going to wet my panties about it as I can appreciate the difficulties the club have during this covid pish.
Historically, at this time of year, friendlies are poorly attended due to it being peak holiday season, so I regard what is happening now as a one off and will just do what I would normally do when I don't get allocated a ticket... beg, steal, or acquire it from wherever I can.

Another mind boggling farce is the Livingston ballot not being held until next week when people outside Scotland need to make travel arrangements, supporters buses/boat booked etc. No consideration at all for those who put the effort into travelling from all over the UK!
Or they need to wait to confirm the amount of fans we can get in?

Yeah I have no idea why if you have signed up for MyGers and Friendlies that the club thought we would want Brighton over Madrid????

Piss poor from Rangers if you ask me. I only signed up for friendlies in the hope of a Madrid ticket LOL wish I never bothered now.

The club ensured that everyone who ticked the friendly box got a ticket to one of the games, the remainder gave been allocated to season ticket/my gers members - i.e people who have backed the club during the pandemic.
The club asked fans to enter a binding agreement for friendlies which they have then refused to honour. That’s the only relevant line in all this. But to then carry on the conversation.

We are at 19 hours since ‘breach of contract’ was stated and the club has been hiding since.

Would you be happy to have signed a contract agreeing to lease a 2 bedroom house when it came available and be told when it came available you are only getting 1 bedroom with the other 1 donated to someone else the current owner knows ? And by the way you get the tiny box bedroom.

Whoever has come up with the last 24 hours wouldn’t be allowed to run a School fete tombola.

Greg is the liaison officer. He’s the conduit for the fans to all aspects of the club so it’s on him to update us I’m afraid. Not his decision / fault but we need an explanation on this disgrace.
I'll be surprised if Gregg isn't involved in every stage of the conversation when it comes to something like this.

I'll be surprised if Gregg isn't involved in every stage of the conversation when it comes to something like this.
It would be exceptionally difficult for him to do his job if he wasn't at the very least briefed on these things prior so he can make suggestions or flag concerns, not to mention prepare himself for any fallout.

No need for My Gers at all for these friendlies.
That’s not fair either. Mygers members are helping the club and are told they have an opportunity to buy tickets. The issue is those who ticked the friendly box didn’t get a ticket and those who didn’t tick it did. If they said in advance mygers members get a ticket after ST and friendly ticks and before ST and non-friendly ticks that wouldn’t be an issue. The problem here is they have fecked up a simple process that could be done with an excel spreadsheet in an hour. No need for fans to turn on each other and denigrate sections of our support. This is the TO pure and simple.

“It was a system error”
“We’re really sorry”
“I totally empathise with those affected”
“Working hard to ensure it doesn’t happen again”
“Please be assured this won’t be the case for future ballots going forward”

Bla, bla, bla

They honestly won’t care. This is akin to old TC members missing out for a glamour euro tie because they’ve went to a qualifier against some Eastern European nobodies, whilst a non TC member gets Real in the group stages
First they came after the TC members and only they moaned
Then they came after the friendlies box tickers and only they moaned
Whose turn is next :))

The club asked fans to enter a binding agreement for friendlies which they have then refused to honour. That’s the only relevant line in all this. But to then carry on the conversation.

We are at 19 hours since ‘breach of contract’ was stated and the club has been hiding since.

Would you be happy to have signed a contract agreeing to lease a 2 bedroom house when it came available and be told when it came available you are only getting 1 bedroom with the other 1 donated to someone else the current owner knows ? And by the way you get the tiny box bedroom.

Whoever has come up with the last 24 hours wouldn’t be allowed to run a School fete tombola.

You're getting a little hysterical. Are you really using the purchase of a house as an analogy?

That’s the thing mate, you’re saying you’d have probably bought a Real Madrid ticket had it been a normal crowd

Would you have bought one if it was Raith With a normal crowd? The friendlies CCCS members were committed to buying one if it was Raith instead
Yes. I stated that any friendly I can attend, I buy an individual ticket for

I just don’t tick the box because in seasons past, I’ve missed several games due to holidays despite paying for them

I have an element of sympathy for the club regards this. Despite ticking the friendlies box I haven't been allocated a Real Madrid ticket either. However, I'm not going to wet my panties about it as I can appreciate the difficulties the club have during this covid pish.
Historically, at this time of year, friendlies are poorly attended due to it being peak holiday season, so I regard what is happening now as a one off and will just do what I would normally do when I don't get allocated a ticket... beg, steal, or acquire it from wherever I can.
Good for you eh

Appreciate Greg is bombarded with messages but don’t think we’re asking much for an acknowledgement they’ve made a lady's front bottom of it and confirmation similar mistakes wont be made in the future.

First they came after the TC members and only they moaned
Then they came after the friendlies box tickers and only they moaned
Whose turn is next :))
Hahaha amazing.

Ive just managed to sort a ticket for the game but I’ll still moan regardless :D

Mm

Jeezo mate, it's obviously been a bit of a %^*& up, someone will likely be getting their arse kicked but you're bordering on calling in Digby Brown.

The mentally challengeds are getting 18,500 against West Ham on the same weekend we’re getting 9000 and 12,000 haha same council as well!

I understand people are anxious to get back into Ibrox.
I understand there seem to be some issues with the distribution.
I also understand many people need to chill the fook out.

Everybody in for Europe and league games after that. It's a couple of friendlies after 16 months of watching on telly. R-E-L-A-X.

The mentally challengeds are getting 18,500 against West Ham on the same weekend we’re getting 9000 and 12,000 haha same council as well!

The whole attendances fiasco shows that GCC and the SNP etc are making it up as they go along.

Sat - 9k
Sunday 12.5k

the very same Saturday Celtic get 18.5k

its all a nonsense

Back