Real Madrid Tickets

Mm

Jeezo mate, it's obviously been a bit of a %^*& up, someone will likely be getting their arse kicked but you're bordering on calling in Digby Brown.
So much noise out there, so many different elaborate ways of saying the same thing, important to be precise so the people that matter actually take notice. I’ll calm down eventually.

The OP has been really bugging me since I read it too. Wrestling with family and Rangers at a difficult time he makes his decision to step back from friendlies and go support his family only to be hit with the tickets he had already agonised over and decided to avoid being given. Crazy stuff.

Well don't pay for a season ticket or my gers then.

Nobody at the club forces folk to pay it at the end of the day. Does Douglas Park personally come to your front door with a shotgun and ask you to handover money?

It's personal choice and I've no issues with it at all.

The same folk who spit the dummy are also the ones who would complain if we downgraded players to adjust to lesser income. If we want league trophies and European football consistently then that comes at a cost to us as fans.
That's not a relevant statement.
You support Rangers because it's in your blood and shouldn't be a reason for ripping you off.
How can you tell someone who has supported the club for years to"%^*& off if you don't like it" when situations like this arise?

ST Holder who ticket the friendly box.

I’m annoyed at the situation and have liked most posts in here that share the same view.

I don’t grudge anyone who didn’t tick the friendly box taking a ticket that was offered to them, although that clearly shouldn’t have happened.

But having bought the 5 match package on RTV I’ll be watching the game on Sunday annoyed at the club. And I’m even more annoyed that I know a non-ST holder, non-MyGers who’s got a ticket because someone’s auntie’s uncle’s son doesn’t want their ticket. Yet, I’ll be sitting on the couch. Pish.

It isn’t an ideal decision by the club, but I understand it given the year we’ve all had to endure. I’m signed upto everything and under normal circumstances would be going to all three friendly games. I managed to get Arsenal, so unfortunately wont be in the ballot for the other two. The idea that at least 30k fellow fans will at least see the Rangers once before the season starts is good enough for me, especially after the sh*tshow of last year. If you’ve got a ticket, enjoy the game you lucky f*ckers :)

The club is in the best position it's been for about 15 years yet all we hear is constant moaning form fans who think they should get what they want when they want it. It's extremely childish.

the club is run like a local bowling club at the moment with little or no thought in to supporter welfare. The only reason the club is in its best position for 15 years is due to the fans digging deep and supporting the club

No need for MyGers at all IMO just a money grab from the club
Club needs money. In fact we need to have more money than the scvm and we haven’t been gifted land for £1. Mygers folk are happy to pay and it helps get them on waiting list and youngsters can join and feel part of the club, buy things and you get chances to buy tickets in return for financially supporting the club.

The whole attendances fiasco shows that GCC and the SNP etc are making it up as they go along.

Sat - 9k
Sunday 12.5k

the very same Saturday Celtic get 18.5k

its all a nonsense

unless GCC have weighed it up as 18,000 celtc v west ham,then 23,000 for both Rangers games even though over 2 days

The whole attendances fiasco shows that GCC and the SNP etc are making it up as they go along.
Sat - 9k
Sunday 12.5k

the very same Saturday Celtic get 18.5k

its all a nonsense
Has anyone actually received an offer today ?
No because he’s talking absolute shite, he tweeted something earlier before that one that 100% contradicted the one you’ve shared, now he’s deleted the original to save from backlash.

No because he’s talking absolute shite, he tweeted something earlier before that one that 100% contradicted the one you’ve shared, now he’s deleted the original to save from backlash.
What was the original tweet again?

Its just typical Rangers.

Pretend they're a professional outfit, but they're the furthest thing from it off the park. Club is held together by Gerrard, if he wasn't here it would be massive drama after drama every week.

Only good at fleecing fans.
Absolutely feckin scandalous post.
Ridiculous comment,

It’ll be genuinely astounding if we get to 1700 today without a single word on this shambles.
The fact the SLO has deleted the tweet suggests he’s been told to do so

The fact that those who’ve likely instructed him to do so haven’t yet commented is shocking

People signing up and commiting to the Club get Brighton

People not interested in friendlies get rewarded with Real Madrid. After confirming im the renewal process they DONT want a friendly.

A fucking joke. The Clubs built up a lot of goodwill but things like this make you want to scream.

People not interested in friendlies get rewarded with Real Madrid. After confirming im the renewal process they DONT want a friendly.

A fucking joke. The Clubs built up a lot of goodwill but things like this make you want to scream.
Always Rewarded

Signed up for all home friendlies and non season ticket games at renewal, as usual, and have done for years. Been to loads of the games with 15 - 20k attendances, or the 40-odd thousand for Gerrard's first home game in charge.

I expected to be in a ballot for Arsenal, followed by a new ballot for Brighton, and guaranteed a ticket for Real because the 9000 quoted on here falls within the 12,750 attendance allowed. That's what ticking the "friendlies box" is all about, you get first crack at friendly tickets before any public sale. To be just plucked out by a computer or someone in the ticket office for one out of the three is quite frankly a total fUck up and a disgrace.

To see so many on here getting tickets for Sunday who "never ticked the box" boils my piss. It's not the fault of our fellow fans, but it is a total balls-up by the club/ticket office.

They can stick their Brighton ticket, no more money will be getting wasted on friendlies, I'll be part of the "never ticked the box" from now on. Shafted for the last time.

Like many, I look forward to the explanation from the club, won't hold my breath though.

I signed up for friendlies but only got Real Madrid, didn't get Arsenal or Brighton

I'm just wondering if the diddy government have told them they can't have the same folk in two days running. It wouldn't surprise me for them to do something like that, cause science.

I'm just wondering if the diddy government have told them they can't have the same folk in two days running. It wouldn't surprise me for them to do something like that, cause science.
I’m not even arsed about attending all the matches, more those who were making an effort regardless of the opposition should get the more prestigious game. :))

If that is the case then Rangers have to come out and clarify.

The longer the silence, the larger the incompetency

I’m not even arsed about attending all the matches, more those who were making an effort regardless of the opposition should get the more prestigious game. :))
I agree with that. I signed up for them all expecting I'd get one game if I was lucky. The way it's worked out is a bit of a kick in the nuts for those that opted for friendlies.

If that is the case then Rangers have to come out and clarify.

The longer the silence, the larger the incompetency
Don’t back down, double down

Usual process for them - bunker down and hope people forget about it

the club is run like a local bowling club at the moment with little or no thought in to supporter welfare. The only reason the club is in its best position for 15 years is due to the fans digging deep and supporting the club
And the directors putting in millions of their own money.

More than a good few seasons ago I made the decision that I wouldn't be going back to any pre season friendlies. Honestly, I was in my seat for no more than 15-20 mins of these fixtures and often wishing I was back in the pub. I've attended many such games in my six decades but now I prefer my football to be meaningful as an end result, but the name Real Madrid pricked my interest. If all had been normal I would probably have rocked up for this friendly in my usual season ticket seat.

If though, I had received access to this game in the ballot over some Bear who had signed up for all friendlies, I would have declined hoping they would rightly ultimately benefit from their commitment. Unfortunately the Ticket Office doesn't fill me with confidence that my envisaged principled stand would have been but in vain.

A first come first served mantra at a Walmart Black Friday sale is not befitting of Rangers or what our fan base deserves.

Every ticket has gone to a Rangers season ticket holder, I don't grudge any of them seeing our team after 16 long months. I truly hope they have a brilliant day seeing us beat the biggest name in world football.

But the simple truth is Rangers have made a horrendous arse of how they did this, they have managed to turn our return to Ibrox into a calamity.

The closest I can compare it to is those who join the CCCS for semi finals and finals getting a semi ticket against Motherwell, then final tickets against Celtic going to those who weren't in the CCCS. Those who committed up front to friendlies simply had to get first priority for Real Madrid. It's akin to Rangers ripping up a contract with them. Whoever decided to do it this way has destroyed a lot of goodwill, got fans arguing among themselves, and should never have anything to do with ticketing decisions ever again.
Must be timmy sympathisers working(sabotaging?) for the club.o_O

W.A.T.P.

Wouldn't surprise me if they change this and give priority to those who ticked friendlies to appease them.

Or if they magically appear to be the ones getting the tickets.

It was inevitable ticket distribution while reduced capacity was going to be a car crash.

I messaged the SLO on Twitter to ask if being offered but not taking the Arsenal tickets automatically ruled us out of the other friendlies but as yet no response.

If we’d known turning it down would have meant we were automatically ruled out then we might have tried to cancel our plans and go to the game. But suppose that’s life and we will just watch on RTV.

Complete shambles by the club.
Have lost a lot of goodwill and confidence among many.
The fact they haven’t as yet even acknowledged the situation is compounding their error.
There are actually a few ways they’ve lost goodwill recently. Charging ST holders for all other games on RTV last season when we already were paying big money to watch the league on TV. Charging us for games like Partick on RTV. This ticket mess up.

offcourse, their support has been fantastic also. It’s not the folk pumping the money in that’s the problem, it’s the incompetent staff within the club
Its not so much the staff for me - more that there doesn't actually seem to be any thought process / governance around some of the decisions.

Some of the commercial decisions recently show this, the allocation of these tickets show this - there looks to be no-one sitting thinking these things through and asking "is this the right thing to do / what does it look like critically / from another point of view.

Back