Our new away kit leaked (allegedly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TM0027AWHITE_A_970x.jpg

TM0098A_1_1600x.jpg

TM0028AORANGE_A_970x.jpg

TM0022GBLUE_A_2000x.jpg

TM0022G_1_2000x.jpg
The bottom 2 have shoulder patches on!! Lol. That the exception on almost everything else. Last seasons lots were the same, shoulder things on them. It looks shit!

I’ve not got a dog in this fight but those jumpers do have designs on the shoulders.

*steps back*
A goalie kit, home kit and a training top don’t have epaulettes on! Almost everything this season looks the same. The black kit looks like a copy of last season’s white kit!!

I'm not really sure what actually makes a good or bad football top?

I can see why totally off the wall designs and colours would be seen as horrible but most of the time our kit manufacturers play it pretty safe.

The Castore jerseys seem like pretty standard football tops. Side panels, shoulder panels, collars, cuffs it's all standard across manufacturers.

Not really sure what makes a jersey horrendous. Unless boring is horrendous or vile or whatever else gets thrown around.

I definitely see people's objection to the "gold" as its a bit of a bold choice from a Rangers perspective. Also the sponsor is always going to be an issue. Other than these the Castore jerseys have just seemed like pretty standard football tops.

What's causing the extreme negative reactions?
I think, from my point of view, it looks really really tacky and cheap. It also looks like the same template as last seasons away kits. The gold (beige) is horrendous. That and the red training top looks like something you would see dancers wear at a Chinese New Year celebration. IMHO they’re horrible. But it’s subjective, I guess.

I wonder if its just the ego of designers. People being paid to design these probably want to put their own stamp on it rather than being told "copy this".

Obviously there would be branding issues with copying any of our Adidas stuff with 3 stripes. I wouldn't be surprised if Nike held some kind of rights to their own designs and those couldn't be copied too closely.

Always thought it was weird that we never once saw a copy of the orange and navy vertical stripes from the Adidas days. Yet the tims have had that yellow and black monstrosity a load of times.

The home jersey is trying to be more like a classic design but with sponsors and stuff that never really works.

The away is just a standard football jersey and I expect the same will be true with the 3rd (maybe going adventurous with the colour).

Was last seasons "retro" kit even that popular?

Yeah, they should have gone 100% with homage to classic favourites across the 3 kits. It's too bad and too late now.

For the 4th jersey I would have wanted something like the Danish all red euro effort. Have the crest, sponsor, collar etc just a very slightly different tone of blue to the main blue of the jersey so it's just a plain blue top with everything else being subtle. I think we didn't even have a crest on the jerseys until the 70s?

F*ck it. They are just football tops so whatever.
Last years Retro top was amazing. I wish we had worn it more often. Maybe even as a home top for this year. I get its not really possible due to lack of sponsor,but it remains my fave from the Castore era so far.

Can we not just wait to see what it looks like when launched.

No one liked look of home kit and when it was launched it looked better than leaked photos.

Hopefully this is same.

If i remember rightly home kit was leaked and then released not long after so maybe be out this Saturday?

Doesnt look great tbh…Hopefully just a bad quality picture and the launch will show it in a better light.

How are we so close to the season starting yet have only released the home kit? Do we normally leave it this late?

The club would do well to release proper images of the kit to quell the building unease of people seeing a poor photo on a couch . Sooner rather than later

The top in that picture doesn't look black at all, I don't know why people are so adamant. I took a screenshot and put the saturation right up and it comes up as blue as blue can be. I still don't believe it's our away strip.

Last edited:
The top in that picture doesn't look black at all, I don't know why people are so adamant. I took a screenshot and put the saturation right up and it comes up as blue as blue can be. I still don't believe it's our 3rd strip.

It's not our 3rd it's the away, we are adamant it's black as the tag attached to it says black away shirt :))

There was a video interview with Wilson and Bisgrove.

A question was asked about the anniversary kits and the kits for 2022/23, they said jokingly that they both had differing views on what a Rangers kit should be like. With Wilson saying he’s more of a traditionalist when it comes to kits.

Kit discussion starts 27mins 27secs in.

You've posted a video to show that Wilson doesn't like the kits and the only thing he says about these kits are 'the kits for next season look excellent' and then that both training and match day 'kits for next season are outstanding'. He says he's a traditionalist and always looking to change things but he's full of praise for the kits.

You've posted a video to show that Wilson doesn't like the kits and the only thing he says about these kits are 'the kits for next season look excellent' and then that both training and match day 'kits for next season are outstanding'. He says he's a traditionalist and always looking to change things but he's full of praise for the kits.

I posted the video that the OP was looking for.

Not sure where you’re getting the idea that it was posted it to show Wilson doesn’t like the kits.

I think “absolutely disgusting” and “red top is a Chinese new year outfit” are the current leaders for this years Castore offerings.

Time yet though.
Exciting.
I remember the home top was actually called a holocaust I had to take a minute and read the post again I couldn't believe a poster got that triggered about a football top design that he used language like that.

If you look on the sleeves there’s some discolouring of red onto the blue which would suggest it’s been doctored

If it is black, this is not a traditional away shirt colour. Last years away was white. Suggest traditionally it should be red this year.

Haha, yeh clear as day because it’s a different picture. Looks like a fake to me, the top isn’t black. Black tops don’t turn blue when you turn up saturation.

I'm sure we will find out soon enough.

Designers can get it right. Inter (albeit it's not a proper Inter strip), that Brazilian one with the map, Man City paisley pattern (not gorgeous but very different), etc. My moan is that for a special year it seems the designers spent 5 minutes on our shirts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back