Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know he doesn’t want to be here, he’s been injured all pre season that’s why he’s not been with the first team.

Was just going by the general reports and chatter I've heard about him. Had a falling out with Gerrard last season and his comments the other day almost sounded as if he was desperate to go to West Ham. Doesn't seem honoured to be here at all.

I'd accept that tbh. A million quid for a youth player who's only had a few loans to the Scottish Championship and doesn't want to be here is good money.

Make sure we get a 10% sell on in there and it's a good deal I'd say.
It's EPL team. They'll go higher. But that's getting to a figure that is tempting. He won't make it down there at the moment imo and no guarantees he will with us. Agent obviously whoring him out.

I'd take that for Kennedy in a second. Not the first Time he's made noises about wanting away and demanding first team football when he's not earned it. Not to mention the liking of pics of Scott Brown celebrating against us. Get rid.

Though he'll have some family member on here shortly saying yet another mishap is nothing to do.with Kennedy he wants to be here but deserves to be in the squad.

Last edited:
Re: Veerman - where is the poster who broke the news? Surely must be able to provide an update if so in the know.
Or should we file the guy under bullsh*tter

Re: Veerman - where is the poster who broke the news? Surely must be able to provide an update if so in the know.

Think that poster, like the rest of us, were just reading between the lines from reports online.

It did seem like we were/are interested and some reports had said we had bid, as that poster did as well.

The path for youngsters to make it at us is extremely difficult and rare getting £1 million plus for a player who may not make it at us is good business

I mean, compare with the last winger we properly brought through: Chris Burke.

A talented player who got the fans off their feet, impressed in Europe, became a Scotland international. Just shy of 100 appearances for us. Arguably a career start Kai would dream of! And he left on a free transfer...

Im not rushing the boy out the door, but I won't be crying if he leaves for a decent fee either.

Or we could file you under shit stirrer.
Surely you'd be able to name the "bullshitter" and let him/her defend him/her self?
A couple of posters who've endorsed the Veerman interest have kudos on FF. You, not so much.

I rarely read anything positive about the boy, I would bite their hand off for that.
What you read is rarely informed opinion. It is usually I’ll informed gossip. In Scotland we love to write stories that knock people down.

Kai was on loan in Inverness. I know someone closely connected with the coaching staff. They had nothing but positive comments about his ability and attitude and said he was very keen to learn.

Said he was a hard worker at training and always willing to listen. I don’t know any more than that but that is 100% genuine.

Be sad to see him leave before we know if he has the talent to make it with us.

Andy Newport from the daily rhebel claiming we haven't made a bid for Veerman citing Dutch Sources and we are getting cold feet due to the asking price.

Then you have stuff like this being posted on Twitter not exactly reliable you could say
To be fair that Twitter guy was the first to really mention it again last week and the next day was when all the rumours started flying about again.

Nothing to do with being staunch.

You're a complete embarrassment and not the type of Rangers supporter I would ever identify or associate with.

Better posters than you have been banned for less.
I accept that I shouldn't have said it, however considering I was paraphrasing a joke from the old board I'm not sure why anyone would ever think that I was intentionally calling anyone that or trying to get a rise put of anyone, which I clearly have.

Or we could file you under shit stirrer.
Surely you'd be able to name the "bullshitter" and let him/her defend him/her self?
A couple of posters who've endorsed the Veerman interest have kudos on FF. You, not so much.
Calm down sweetheart. Just cant remember the guy’s name, is why i didnt say it.
Not trying to shit stir. Just looking to see if the guy close to the deal had an update. Save 20 more pages of guys saying he is/isnt coming

Calm down sweetheart. Just cant remember the guy’s name, is why i didnt say it.
Not trying to shit stir. Just looking to see if the guy close to the deal had an update. Save 20 more pages of guys saying he is/isnt coming
Coff, you weren't asking politely for an update, you were implying prove it's happening or "file under bullshitter".
I don't want to derail the thread further, so leave it there.

I accept that I shouldn't have said it, however considering I was paraphrasing a joke from the old board I'm not sure why anyone would ever think that I was intentionally calling anyone that or trying to get a rise put of anyone, which I clearly have.

I've seen that joke repeated on here many times mate and no one took offence to it.

Wouldn't worry about it.

Mate you said nothing wrong, have nothing to apologies for and you’re right it was a joke from the old boards, folk getting sand in their vaginas over nothing.

Why are you apologising?

Anyone who's been on here any length of time knows what you were talking about. It was a FF classic.

IMO we should reject anything under 1.5 million for Kennedy. Lets see what happens this season with him. We will get 1 million plus for him next Summer regardless of what happens this season. Too early to sell IMO

Nice cheery post this.
The way this forum is recently it makes you want to chuck footy

Rangers are hopeless
Celtic and Malmö are amazing
Ajer is the reincarnation of Baresi
Morelos is worth £3 and a tin of beans
Never enjoy a win or being on top in case you don’t win next t8me

Brutally depressing on here

Off to find a Rangers forum not dominated by a yellow streak

Rangers are hopeless

Naw yer no, You’ll be back :shh:B-D

Rangers are hopeless

You forgot unless you're a miserable prick posting any or all of the above you're a "happy clapper".

Rangers are hopeless

Some of the mood change seems to have coincided with the optimism that has started to grow around Big Ange from the other half of the Old Firm. It seems like some imposters are now creeping back out from the rock they hid under for most of last season.

I've seen that joke repeated on here many times mate and no one took offence to it.

Wouldn't worry about it.
Mate you said nothing wrong, have nothing to apologies for and you’re right it was a joke from the old boards, folk getting sand in their vaginas over nothing.
Still a pish joke though :))
Quite weird that my other half calls me hun all the time, as do all my close female friends :p
I don't live in The Republic Of Scotland though, therefore a difference in the perception of the word is explicable in my case.

Notwithstanding, the joke is still pish ;)

Some of the mood change seems to have coincided with the optimism that has started to grow around Big Ange from the other half of the Old Firm. It seems like some imposters are now creeping back out from the rock they hid under for most of last season.
Why would there be optimism after that performance last night? The starting 11 was poor, the tactics were poor and the opposition was poor.
If that’s a case for optimism then we have nothing to be worried about this season

Rangers are hopeless

Think this is bad? The alternatives are way worse.

Why would there be optimism after that performance last night? The starting 11 was poor, the tactics were poor and the opposition was poor.
If that’s a case for optimism then we have nothing to be worried about this season
They didn't get pumped and they could even have won. That is much better than they were expecting. Plus they seem to have taken to Big Ange as he, basically, isn't Neil Lennon.

It won't last long. Sharks will be thrown before September comes.

I am genuinely excited by the prospect of signing Veerman, but would prefer to wait for a club comment than rely on random postings here. Are we in for him or not?

I am genuinely excited by the prospect of signing Veerman, but would prefer to wait for a club comment than rely on random postings here. Are we in for him or not?
I think we are due an interview/update from the manager on everything. Clubs fairly quiet at the moment. Some training pics would be good as well

Truthful answer. We don't know a 100%. We are rumoured to be interested. Whether or not we are currently negotiating for his signature is anybodies guess. Optimistists will say we are and the pessimists will say we aren't.

The lack of rumours is the downside of us being better run now, sadly. I do believe we are in for Veerman. I just think its early in the window and Heerenveen are likely hoping for a bidding war, which is their right. Still hoping he signs eventually though. The Netherlands has given us a few right good players over the years.

Rangers are hopeless

Not to mention the binfires regarding tickets, kits, court cases, everything else basically.

24/7 draining negativity. And all this after a successful season.

No one says don't question things but it's just so tiring.

Rangers are hopeless

Let's see those posts, I will join you and be really annoyed when I read them!

The ones you have quoted are examples of posters over exaggerating and lying which is really frustrating, I just wish posters would be based in reality!

So go ahead, let's see the posts! Name and shame them!

Unless... are you lying? Over exaggerating? Making stuff up?

Rather than doing that, here is an idea...post a comment about transfers in this thread!

To get back on topic, whatever happened to the other young Colombian we were linked with? The boy in Finland?

Last edited:
Not to mention the binfires regarding tickets, kits, court cases, everything else basically.

24/7 draining negativity. And all this after a successful season.

No one says don't question things but it's just so tiring.

I can't believe the lack of optimism I've seen on here since the title was won tbh. Especially given the nick our neighbours are currently in.

I had a bit of a moan in the thread earlier on, but on the main I'm happy with the direction of the club atm. Some folk literally post a screed of negative pish about the club on a daily basis. Dunno how they can be arsed following a football team, seems a hardship to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back