Furious Rangers hit out over Celtic fan allocation as Ibrox side claim Council's decision 'doesn't make sense'

Celtic seem to be getting 18,500 on Saturday. And a rumoured 25,000 - 30,000 for their first home league game.

None of it makes any sense. They are all just making it up as they go now.
I was just going on this part

“they are only allowed to make use of around 50 per cent of Ibrox’s current 17,000 Covid-safety crowd limit”

@AdiCR2 will be along any minute to explain that Rangers board are front and centre and leading the way with negotiations. If that is the case they will have been aware of these 'rules' GCC speak of.

“They simply cannot understand why Glasgow City Council are only allowing them to welcome in 8,500 fans to Ibrox when there will be double that at Parkhead for a game kicking-off two hours before. It just doesn’t make sense.”

Sorry to say it but if our Board don’t understand what lies behind this then they need a bloody good shake.
All the shenanigans over discussions in relation to people meeting at Ibrox in March and then trophy lifting & George Sq in May and apparently they still don’t understand why GCC is coming to these decisions? Give me a break.

Every single meeting with GCC must be minuted in great detail and should be made available to media and supporters groups. Anything else plays into GCC’s hand and gives them enough room to mess Rangers FC around.

Last edited:
“They simply cannot understand why Glasgow City Council are only allowing them to welcome in 8,500 fans to Ibrox when there will be double that at Parkhead for a game kicking-off two hours before. It just doesn’t make sense.”

Sorry to say it but if our Board don’t understand what lies behind this then they need a bloody good shake.
All the shenanigans over people meeting at Ibrox in March and then George Sq in May and apparently they still don’t understand why GCC is coming to these decisions? Give me a break.

Every single meeting with GCC must be minuted in great detail and should be made available to media and supporters groups. Anything else plays into GCC’s hand and gives them enough room to mess Rangers FC around.

The Rangers board are all talk. No director has taken legal action at the club since Dave King departed the marble staircase. This is a chickens coming home to roost moment for their continued inaction yet our board keep crying wolf and do next to nothing. Fed up hearing it.

where was celtic's 75% game?
their 18500 for West Ham would make sense to be 75% if the other thread and the fact they'd get 24500 after that is true.

That leaves the question of where's the 50% game though, cause erm, even by GCC maths surely double 9k isn't 24500

However, what is less understandable is how the Covid-safety limits work.... How is ours only 33% when theirs is 40% for example? Who decided the covid safety limit, and what plays a part

Surely Ibrox is far more easily segregated than Parkhead

The whole thing stinks, but I'd like to see official word from the club rather than "sources"

Last edited:
We’ve went beyond statements now that just highlight inconsistencies. It’s now time to start making statements that spell out, clearly, why this is happening.
‘We understand that there are a number of Celtic supporting employees in GCC, and we at RFC can only conclude that this decision is entirely down to the institutional bigotry within GCC.’

We’ve went beyond statements now that just highlight inconsistencies. It’s now time to start making statements that spell out, clearly, why this is happening.
‘We understand that there are a number of Celtic supporting employees in GCC, and we at RFC can only conclude that this decision is entirely down to the institutional bigotry within GCC.’
This is exactly what we should be doing imo

the fan zone debacle should be me timed as well

the George square aftermath they double stanadarfs

I would go as far to say we should approach the uk government for help with these bastards

A spokesman from Glasgow City Council said "We are a bunch of small minded bigots who are doing our best to do everything and anything to fùck up these orange bastards in any way we can."
Note to gcc,, Your new manager Big Ange thinks you get points for a 2 leg champs league qualifier !!

The Rangers board are all talk. No director has taken legal action at the club since Dave King departed the marble staircase. This is a chickens coming home to roost moment for their continued inaction yet our board keep crying wolf and do next to nothing. Fed up hearing it.

I know it’s the tendency of some to always blame the Board but this is nonsense.

“Legal action” seems so easy writing from a message board.

I've been working in safety for over 20 years and it boils my piss when people use safety as a reason to justify a decision that is obviously biased, the union here is Oz does it all the time and it hinders progress in improving the safety on large construction projects, GCC is doing the same thing here and causing confusion to a serious issue to further their agenda.

I know it’s the tendency of some to always blame the Board but this is nonsense.

If the board were in negotiations with GCC they will have been aware of these numbers. If they were then no need to be raging. If they have been side swiped then come out and say so and hold GCC to account. Someone is lying. If its GCC then get it out into the press if not then our board are lying to the fans and I for one think thats quite serious

Its a reference to the board telling us in May 2021 they were talking legal action and they haven’t. Here we are in July 2021, more nonsense from GCC, we’re always in an unjust place every season on one issue or another and the board do %^*& all about it. I’m sure they’ll be more before the year is out. It’s all talk and no action every single year.

GCC CSC emerald no1 supporters club over at City Chambers really didn’t want to miss out on their own “Glamour” tie and were so busy ironing out their own ticketing issues they actually forgot to ping Rangers a wee memo to up the attendance, since it would only have been fair but their own supporters bus itinerary organising made sure that they didn’t have the time to do the right thing.

That’s the only plausible explanation to it all. They forgot because they were sorting out their own bus and ticket arrangements to see their favourites since they managed to help them out and give them a bigger crowd allocation.

Its a reference to the board telling us in May 2021 they were talking legal action and they haven’t. Here we are in July 2021, more nonsense from GCC, we’re always in an unjust place every season on one issue or another and the board do %^*& all about it. I’m sure they’ll be more before the year is out. It’s all talk and no action every single year.

How do you know no legal action has been taken?

Maybe it’s not being played out in public. Maybe we have no basis for a legal case, although the default response for some on here is to shout ‘take them to court’.

The problem is bigger than the Board. When our support was deciding songs were the big issue, the opposition got educated and put themselves in positions of power across society.

This is the consequence.

Seriously? It makes complete sense. GCC is run by that clubs fans.

I've never voted snp, but.... to say you can't be a rangers fan if you vote a certain way is discrimination and here's one for you.. anyone who discriminates against his fellow fans "IS NOT A RANGERS FAN"
People who sing about 19th Century Terrorists, bishops and hunger strikers are also hurting the club. They must not be fans either.

Screw them! A pathetic bunch of excuses which only highlights how broken they are! I’m enjoying every bit of their tears!

Roll on 56 and more pain :D

I've never voted snp, but.... to say you can't be a rangers fan if you vote a certain way is discrimination and here's one for you.. anyone who discriminates against his fellow fans "IS NOT A RANGERS FAN"
Is voting for a political party who hates who you are not a form of discrimination?

personally you can vote for whomever you like, me personally, my conscience wouldn’t allow me to live myself voting for Rangers hating tàrrier scum SNP. But that’s just me

Put on a couple of Rangers 'A' vs Rangers 'B' friendlies to use up our restricted games. A game is a game, shouldnt matter who the opposition is. Lets see GCC squirm out of that one.

Even when voting for a party who deliberately seek to diminish the Club?

It’s not individuals within the party. It’s co-ordinated party policy.

Supporting Scottish Independence is one thing. Voting SNP another.

If you vote for the Snp you aren't a Rangers supporter, you can spin it any way you want, how can anyone claim to be a fan when they are actively voting to hurt the club?

Strange response in my opinion. Everyone on this Planet discriminates intentionally or otherwise. Including me despite thinking I am level headed

Back