The Many Faces of Neil Warnock

He was on a radio show (Chris Moyles, for some reason, I think) taking questions when a call got through who referred to him by his widely used by the fans nickname 'Colin'.
Warnock remarked that he kept hearing that name in regards to himself but didn't know where it came from.
When it was somewhat hesitantly explained that it was an anagram of his name, he wrote it out himself to work it out. Neil Warnock - Colin Wanker, he then burst out in genuine laughter.
It's hard to dislike someone who can take the piss out of himself and enjoy it.

Aye, apparently so. Massive money spinner for grassroots football. Say what you want about him but that’s a great gesture.

He lives in Cornwall and arranges pre-season games in that area.

When he was at Cardiff, he also arranged friendlies every year with a local Welsh League side and they’d get a couple of thousand turn up. He requested that the gate money be split between them (Taffs Well) and the cancer hospital a few miles down the road where his wife was treated.

Met him a few times, he’s a top guy and as much a fan as you or I - he gets it

A lovely man, and a very successful manager in England.

Good bluenose too, can’t remember who the player was but he was moving into coaching at some point and Warnock said to him

“Hopefully one day we get to manage Rangers” or something along those lines.

I was very much in favour of him answering the “SOS” call after the Caixinha debacle.

He takes his sides to play Tavistock each year apparently. My mate plays for Tavistock and I went along to see them take on Warnock's Cardiff side.
He has a house in Dunoon and goes to watch Morton whenever he’s there.

I listen to a few podcasts who mainly have lower league players on anyone that's played for him generally doesn't have a bad word to say about him very good man manager apparently his teams don't play great football but they do get results. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes boro up this season

I went through a long time of not liking him much - not even sure why any more.
Seems like a decent man, a proper football man.

I think part of the problem was from when he was at Leeds and my mate who supports them said that a lot of the football was bloody awful to watch - super conservative and a big lump up the part was commonplace.

I have always liked him, he has a no nonsense style, but seems a good laugh at the same time.
He loves the West Country and Scotland, and is far more thoughtful than most, there are countless tales of his gestures to local areas, like the above stories about Tavistock and Taffs Well, Torquay have had his help too. When they were struggling he brought down his team, and Torquay got all the gate money. He is a genuine football man, and knows how to get out of the championship.
He wouldn’t have been any worse than Pedro, that I am sure of.

A lovely man, and a very successful manager in England.

Good bluenose too, can’t remember who the player was but he was moving into coaching at some point and Warnock said to him

“Hopefully one day we get to manage Rangers” or something along those lines.

I was very much in favour of him answering the “SOS” call after the Caixinha debacle.
Stuart McColl was the person in question

Back