Our new away kit leaked (allegedly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Designers can get it right. Inter (albeit it's not a proper Inter strip), that Brazilian one with the map, Man City paisley pattern (not gorgeous but very different), etc. My moan is that for a special year it seems the designers spent 5 minutes on our shirts...

Would echo this. Been incredibly uninspiring. Right down to not even stitching the founders names on the top.

I like them as they pay us and pay us on time but their stuff is generally pish.
I think the fallout would be even worse if we never endured the Ashley shit show. We are just grateful to have folk that pay, and as always fans endure to benefit the club.

If we had just come off the back off a Nike deal or big hitter I reckon as fans the outcry would be deafening.

Castore goodwill to lose. They are going some way about it just now.

I’m going to get moaned at for moaning but how have Castore managed to make two shite kits (my opinion of course) when there’s wee guys on computers on FF/Twitter that can design kits perfectly. I can’t believe there has been fan input to these kits either
You’re right, some of the mock up kits online have been superb, the white one with the light blue star was one of the best away tops I’ve seen for us.

They may have screwed us over but Hummel > Castore

Hummel never screwed us over, the problem was that we used a middle man in the deal to try and skirt around the legal issues with leaving Ashley. It was elite (or whatever there name was) that tried to run off with the cash.

I’m going to get moaned at for moaning but how have Castore managed to make two shite kits (my opinion of course) when there’s wee guys on computers on FF/Twitter that can design kits perfectly. I can’t believe there has been fan input to these kits either

The quality, designs, delivery and supply are all substandard. I just hope the club don’t extend the deal. We can do much better than a Tier 3 supplier like Castore.

Last edited:
Hummel never screwed us over, the problem was that we used a middle man in the deal to try and skirt around the legal issues with leaving Ashley. It was elite (or whatever there name was) that tried to run off with the cash.
Didnt try. Did. They owe us over £3m

People reckon I'm colour blind but... Isn't that basically our home kit but with added red bits? It is blue isn't it? A dark blue?

I'm not loving the gold on the new kits tbh, or maybe just the way it's designed. Having the gold but white trims is playing with my ocd. As I live in the arse-end of nowhere I only saw the new home kit for the first and only time a couple of weeks ago and I have to say I wasn't a fan of the gold. It didn't look gold for a start. But as long as Captain Tarvel (yes, it's 6:48 and I came up with that... ;) ) lifts that title come the end of the season I wouldn't care if he was wearing his pajamas.

People reckon I'm colour blind but... Isn't that basically our home kit but with added red bits? It is blue isn't it? A dark blue?
CheerfulScaredGerenuk-size_restricted.gif

I'm not loving the gold on the new kits tbh, or maybe just the way it's designed. Having the gold but white trims is playing with my ocd. As I live in the arse-end of nowhere I only saw the new home kit for the first and only time a couple of weeks ago and I have to say I wasn't a fan of the gold. It didn't look gold for a start. But as long as Captain Tarvel (yes, it's 6:48 and I came up with that... ;) ) lifts that title come the end of the season I wouldn't care if he was wearing his pajamas.
It literally is our keeper kit in a different colourway so hopefully it really is a dhgate fake

You don't think it looks blue?
It looks very dark blue in a shitty photo but it’s been established that it’s black.

Also, before photos of the home shirt were leaked the strong rumours were:

Home shirt: Plain blue with white V-neck and gold detailing
Away: Black and red
3rd: Lilac

This ties in with that.

Can’t say I’m a fan but I’m not the target market as I don’t wear football shirts. I don’t mind the additional sponsorship on the players kits but it looks shite on the replica stuff. Same with the training wear

If this is the kit, give it a chance. When the “Belgium Top” photos were leaked it looked weird, now folk love it. These pics don’t show them off to well.

If it’s the real deal then it’s an absolute stinker. Plain and boring in what is a monumental year for our club.

Would echo this. Been incredibly uninspiring. Right down to not even stitching the founders names on the top.
Stitching on the inside of the back of the neck would be daft. Think about how that’s gonna rub. There’s a reason most sports stuff is printed onto the back of the neck than labels etc now

Stitching on the inside of the back of the neck would be daft. Think about how that’s gonna rub. There’s a reason most sports stuff is printed onto the back of the neck than labels etc now
It would also be visible on the outside

For our 150th kit , this should have been an absolute nailed on belter for the ages . Instead of throwing out 15 training tops , bright Orange trackies , and jigsaws from the challenge cup , Castore should have concentrated 100% on giving us three , not four , absolute class kits to be proud of for 150th year . Ones that every single fan would want .

Regarding the print of the founders name , it should have been done on a wee hologram tag that you get on some kits in the bottom corner . Something that would stay and not rub off . The kits themselves where do I start , let’s just say the garish yellow/gold should have been dismissed instantly by focus groups worth their salt . If it had to be gold it should have been done in the style of Italy / Chelsea kits we’ve seen .

I’m reluctant to be too critical but I feel we have been let down overall by what looks like rushed, Ill thought out kits that could have been designed by Joe Bloggs in 5 minutes in his mums loft .

I’ll get criticised for saying it but here goes - Ive defended them as I think some reactions have been OTT on the kits , however truth be told I can’t wait to see the back of Castore , and I want Nike or Adidas or even umbro next . I await the incoming abuse .

I get the feeling there will be more than 3 kits this season again. Maybe a cup shirt but definitely a shirt for around the actual anniversary (same time time Edmiston House opens) That will be the gallant pioneers shirt, even though I think I'm right in saying they never wore it.

Gold sponsor hate it won’t be buying same as the home top sadly they should have done white sponsors and gold alternative top

training tops for me this year

I get the feeling there will be more than 3 kits this season again. Maybe a cup shirt but definitely a shirt for around the actual anniversary (same time time Edmiston House opens) That will be the gallant pioneers shirt, even though I think I'm right in saying they never wore it.
That’s already confirmed,4th shirt in October

No shit Sherlock :))

Everyone and their granny knows we have 4 this season :))

For our 150th kit , this should have been an absolute nailed on belter for the ages . Instead of throwing out 15 training tops , bright Orange trackies , and jigsaws from the challenge cup , Castore should have concentrated 100% on giving us three , not four , absolute class kits to be proud of for 150th year . Ones that every single fan would want .

Regarding the print of the founders name , it should have been done on a wee hologram tag that you get on some kits in the bottom corner . Something that would stay and not rub off . The kits themselves where do I start , let’s just say the garish yellow/gold should have been dismissed instantly by focus groups worth their salt . If it had to be gold it should have been done in the style of Italy / Chelsea kits we’ve seen .

I’m reluctant to be too critical but I feel we have been let down overall by what looks like rushed, Ill thought out kits that could have been designed by Joe Bloggs in 5 minutes in his mums loft .

I’ll get criticised for saying it but here goes - Ive defended them as I think some reactions have been OTT on the kits , however truth be told I can’t wait to see the back of Castore , and I want Nike or Adidas or even umbro next . I await the incoming abuse .

KoRl.gif

Talking of OTT reactions....

Its the 3rd kit I’m excited for anyway.

Pray they don’t manage to feck that up somehow.

It looks like a can of Tetleys number 4 lager (which is also awful!)
Now THIS is more like it!

Anyone who is familiar with Old School Wrestling Review on YouTube will know about the "What Bar?" segment.

What Baaaaarrrr is the Rangers FC 2021/22 away jersey?

Looks like a Mars Bar to me.

Or maybe one of those dark chocolate Toblerones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back