Adding points to my gers

HankNs

Official Ticketer
Is there anyways that you can add previous purchases to your my gers points I’ve bought numerous tops programmes party packs etc In the last year but nothing seems to be added to my points total it’s only my season ticket that’s in my order history

I actually kind of agree with the fact we don't award points for merchandise simply because its just another barrier in the way for our less financially fortunate supporters, there's already enough stuff you can throw money at regardless of genuine interest to rack up some points (which I get is ultimately the idea behind MyGers)

Just seen that there , my individual tickets that I’ve bought over the last few seasons hasn’t been added so I’ll send them an email if it can’t be done manually

Just seen that there , my individual tickets that I’ve bought over the last few seasons hasn’t been added so I’ll send them an email if it can’t be done manually
Anything that you bought over the past five seasons which qualifies for MyGers points will be on your purchase history on you online account attached to your Rangers number used to make the purchases.

The purchases will have to have been made on your Rangers no. they can usually bring over points from an old number as well if you changed it for some reason

As someone who only buys a top or two per year, relies on spare tix for home games or the odd empty seat, I don’t think I’ll renew my MyGers next year.

I actually kind of agree with the fact we don't award points for merchandise simply because its just another barrier in the way for our less financially fortunate supporters, there's already enough stuff you can throw money at regardless of genuine interest to rack up some points (which I get is ultimately the idea behind MyGers)
If you can afford to buy castore tops and other merchandise you will not be skint lol

Points for merchandise would be an absolute disaster, and I'm glad it's not been put into place for this year.

Like other membership schemes, there should be more tangible rewards for being part of it - discounts for purchases like food and drink, programmes and clothing.

Points for merchandise would be an absolute disaster, and I'm glad it's not been put into place for this year.

Like other membership schemes, there should be more tangible rewards for being part of it - discounts for purchases like food and drink, programmes and clothing.
I agree with the above. Don't give MyGers points for merchandise purchases but have a range of things that Mygers Membership gets you a discount on - for example 10% off in the Club shop. I recall a similar setup when we had the old Premier Club for those in Govan Rear, including entry to EH for a pre and post-match drink/food.

I agree with the above. Don't give MyGers points for merchandise purchases but have a range of things that Mygers Membership gets you a discount on - for example 10% off in the Club shop. I recall a similar setup when we had the old Premier Club for those in Govan Rear, including entry to EH for a pre and post-match drink/food.

I think it would definitely help mitigate some of the accusations that it's just a cash grab.

The thing they do need to address with it is when buying things on RTV. Like me and the family share RTV when watching at home. They need to find a way that family who live together get the same points on their accounts as the person making the purchase as it only needs one purchase to watch it together. I emailed about this before but got nothing back.

The thing they do need to address with it is when buying things on RTV. Like me and the family share RTV when watching at home. They need to find a way that family who live together get the same points on their accounts as the person making the purchase as it only needs one purchase to watch it together.
Not sure that's feasible. A guy on his own buys an Unlimited RangersTV subscription and gets 40 points. Somebody else buys the same thing and wants 40 points each for him, his Mrs and each of his two kids.

Might be a better idea to let the purchaser split his 40 points equally amongst his Friends and Family group but I'm not sure the majority would favour that. It would help keep a family in the same tier but that's about it.

Last edited:
Not sure that's feasible. A guy on his own buys an Unlimited RangersTV subscription and gets 40 points. Somebody else buys he same thing and wants 40 points each for him, his Mrs and each of his two kids.

Might be a better idea to let the purchaser split his 40 points equally amongst his Friends and Family group but I'm not sure the majority would favour that. It would help keep a family in the same tier but that's about it.
If it is a genuine attempt to keep people in the same household together then splitting the points would be a fair compromise.

The scheme is already a shambles with people buying tickets, getting points and then selling them on.

Remember at the start that they said this wouldn't happen. Well it didn't take long then did it.

If it is a genuine attempt to keep people in the same household together then splitting the points would be a fair compromise.

The scheme is already a shambles with people buying tickets, getting points and then selling them on.

Remember at the start that they said this wouldn't happen. Well it didn't take long then did it.
If you buy a match programme from the street vendor at the game you get zero MyGers points.
If you buy a match programme online you get a MyGers point.
Over the course of a season you could be talking more than 25 points.

The thing they do need to address with it is when buying things on RTV. Like me and the family share RTV when watching at home. They need to find a way that family who live together get the same points on their accounts as the person making the purchase as it only needs one purchase to watch it together. I emailed about this before but got nothing back.

This is one of the many problems with the system which is usually explained away by fans being told that "we aren't meant to get every point."

In Rangers' ideal scenario, a family of four all buy the game separately, increasing their revenue. That's obviously ridiculous.

The solution to this problem is quite simple: MyGers stops rewarding points for experiences that aren't unique to each buyer. I'd add match programmes to this list as well because if yer old da is reading a programme you probably don't need to get one as well.

I've just discovered I have 2 passwords for the website, what a carry on.

Silver membership I have, is that good?

If you buy a match programme from the street vendor at the game you get zero MyGers points.
If you buy a match programme online you get a MyGers point.
Over the course of a season you could be talking more than 25 points.
Same idea as buy a ticket online and get points but get one from your RSC and don't.

If you buy online programmes they know it is your account and it also means that they have a better idea how many to print. Hopefully they do a subscription soon with a discount

I've just discovered I have 2 passwords for the website, what a carry on.

Silver membership I have, is that good?
The Tickets Section of the website still isn't part of the 'single login' thing used for such as RangersTV and MyGers. Hence two different logins/passwords unless you set them up as being identical (if it lets you do that).

Not sure that's feasible. A guy on his own buys an Unlimited RangersTV subscription and gets 40 points. Somebody else buys he same thing and wants 40 points each for him, his Mrs and each of his two kids.

Agree mate. Appreciate its tricky. But like you say, there should be a way of splitting the points evenly.

For example I gained extra my gers pts last season via rangers TV purchases with the wife missing out due to us only need to watch on the 1 stream. There should be a way for family In same house to split the points or something like that.

Or better still just keep the points system for unique single user points such as our memberships, season tickets, matchday tickets etc. Things like Rangers TV causes more issues on the point front for the reasons mentioned.

Agreed, it wouldn’t be fair if a family all got full points for one purchase when a single person pays for the same stream and gets the same

Example;
Single person living alone pays £10 for a stream and watches themselves. Gets 10 points
Family of 4 pay £10 for a stream and they all watch together. Only one gets the points

Is anyone honestly arguing that all the family should be getting 10points each? I agree there should be a mechanism to say give 2.5 to all 4 family members but not 10 each

Ultimately points = money spent

Agreed, it wouldn’t be fair if a family all got full points for one purchase when a single person pays for the same stream and gets the same

Example;
Single person living alone pays £10 for a stream and watches themselves. Gets 10 points
Family of 4 pay £10 for a stream and they all watch together. Only one gets the points

Is anyone honestly arguing that all the family should be getting 10points each? I agree there should be a mechanism to say give 2.5 to all 4 family members but not 10 each

Ultimately points = money spent
We could turn it into a money-maker (as Mr Bisgrove likes to do ha ha!). Levy a charge for transferring points. Virgin Atlantic do something similar with their frequent flyer loyalty scheme. Could let you transfer 100 MyGers points for a fee of £10.:)

I am joking BTW.;)

We could turn it into a money-maker (as Mr Bisgrove likes to do ha ha!). Levy a charge for transferring points. Virgin Atlantic do something similar with their frequent flyer loyalty scheme. Could let you transfer 100 MyGers points for a fee of £10.:)

I am joking BTW.;)
It’ll happen eventually

Back