Kai Kennedy to Dunfermline on loan for season

The surprise at the loan is the repeated noise around him, usually coming from his end.

Concentrate on his football and surround himself with good people.

with a recall option in january as well. i think he could be good for us from next season. no harm in him going out on loan to play games. he signed a 2 year extension at the end of last season didnt he?

I make it McGregor was 24 by the end of his loan spell. So that's a big difference.

Was McGregor as highly rated as the time as Kai Kennedy has supposedly been for the past few years?

How many players like Kai Kennedy are still playing with rangers at 39?

There isn’t a comparison between the two moves so not entirely sure why you are trying to compare them

"..their style of play and excellent grass surface.."

A message to other clubs wishing to get our genuinely promising youngsters on loan in the future I hope.

I wouldn't look into it being the Championship, Rangers wanted a team who played the right style of football and on a good grass pitch for him. Not many teams outwith us play attractive attacking football in the Premiership. We know the talent is there it's just about getting game time and Dunfermline should be challenging at the top of the league.

Probably more positive sending him to a top end championship side than a relegation fighting premiership team

Was McGregor as highly rated as the time as Kai Kennedy has supposedly been for the past few years?

How many players like Kai Kennedy are still playing with rangers at 39?

There isn’t a comparison between the two moves so not entirely sure why you are trying to compare them

I think there is a comparison to be made. I don't recall how highly McGregor was rated, maybe he was well regarded, as he'd already played quite a few first-team games by the time he went to Dunfermline. As for how long McGregor has eventually gone on, that's another matter.

The surprise at the loan is the repeated noise around him, usually coming from his end.

Concentrate on his football and surround himself with good people.

The boy has been picked in an 11 that are best in there age category and you dont think there should be noise around him from his family etc? I know if it was my son id be making noise

Is it a step up though?

Played at Inverness and Raith last year who are a similar level to Dunfermline in my opinion.

i see Dunfermline as an improving outfit, just been taken over & seem to play decent football
Inverness are a team on the wane

Players at us who are 19/20 getting loaned to teams like Dunfermline just screams to me they won’t make it with us

Hope I am wrong though
Usually I’d agree with that however if we’re knocking back £1m plus and then loaning him to a team with SPFL ambition, I’d say Rangers feel he has a shot. Similar to what was done with Stephen Kelly.
Kennedy is a real talent and I very much hope him, Kelly and McPake join Patterson and King in our 1st team before too long

Its strange with all the interest in him and his good performances last season that we could no secure him a loan at Premiership level but Williamson managed to get Livi maybe loaning him to Dunfermline is more nuanced than that and they perhaps will develop him in the way we are looking for .
I don't think he was ready to play week in week out at premiership level yet he's good enough to influence games at that level but would probably be in and out a premiership team. At Dunfermline he'll likely play every week and develop more plus they'll be one of the top sides in that division again so it makes sense imo

Players at us who are 19/20 getting loaned to teams like Dunfermline just screams to me they won’t make it with us

Hope I am wrong though

90% of our youth players won't make it with us, regardless of where they go on loan, so it's impossible to really say anything definitive about this sort of loan at all.

Greg Docherty was good for Hamilton before we signed him, Hibs on loan and had very good loan spells in League 1 in England and still couldn't get close to our team once Gerrard came in. Patterson hasn't had to go out on loan but is clearly talented and improving. There's no guaranteed formula for it, so this loan could work just as well as anything else would have.

I think the players around Kennedy's age group will be overtaken by the younger ones who will get experience of the Lowland League and probably higher in very short order as that will make a huge difference to their development.

Hope I am wrong though
Using low risk games League games at Ibrox and the domestic cup ties, you could easily give the likes of KK 15-20 starts a season.

Theyd learn a lot more from that than they will playing 20-30 times for Dunfermline.

This should at least keep the fans who seem to have it in for "wantaway Kai Kennedy" quiet about him until January at least.

I'll admit I was hoping he'd go to a Premier League side, but as others have said he is only 19. If he has a fantastic six months we may recall him and send him elsewhere like with Robby McCrorie; if it's a full season at that level hopefully he's able to produce his best form consistently and is ready to step up about level next summer.

Gerrard must think he has a real chance if he's knocked back £600k from West Ham.
We knocked 3 bids back from west ham to send him there, the last one reportedly around £1m. I would suggest he is going to make it.

I have never even heard of a bid being knocked back but not saying it never happened

There has been 3 different figures in this thread already about how much it actually was

If we leave it long enough I’m sure that will change another few times again

I don’t see Kai Kennedy making it with us but i hope I am wrong

Hes 19 now and has spent last 2 seasons at ICT then raith rovers

He is now going to Dunfermline I would have expected a player of his ability to be stepping up in quality not staying where he was 2 years previously

Back