Furious Rangers hit out over Celtic fan allocation as Ibrox side claim Council's decision 'doesn't make sense'

The filth supporting Gcc should be hanging their head in shame but you have to look at our respond nothing It’s about time the club did some sort of complaint or they will just keep treating us with contempt or the usual nhatzi reply nothing to see here push Come on rangers do something

We employ a PR guru called David Graham who was involved with DUP. If that isnt a murky political background then I dont know what is (NI politics in general not specifically DUP). He is worse than a man down.
Take a look at the strip personalisation thread to see the quality of our off field activities.
It's a murky background ok, that sinn fein seem to be winning. Look at the state of the DUP at the moment.

This club is in a highly unique position of being seen as a barrier to the ruling party. They have a highly paid pr dept of many with links to our media as they're basically media people themselves.

Their job is to make the nats look good, even when they're not, to trash any opposition. The 55 celebrations were absolute proof of this. A coordinated attack in place ready to go. How the hell are the club meant to fight that. The damage was done in a few hours.

Look how they worked with the record over salmond. He made them the party they are, but this lot spat him out and finished him.

As I said people vote for them, it's the taxpayers money which goes to paying them, by all accounts very well. They will have a Cummings type running the show and to be honest, the rats are good at it.

Any chance the club have managed to get a higher capacity for this?

Two people that I know of have been offered a Brighton ticket this afternoon in an email? Would make sense if the allocation has been increased. How that's being balloted I'm not sure.

We employ a PR guru called David Graham who was involved with DUP. If that isnt a murky political background then I dont know what is (NI politics in general not specifically DUP). He is worse than a man down.
Take a look at the strip personalisation thread to see the quality of our off field activities.
Doesn't appear to be any good at the guru-ing from what I can deduce.

Even if we give them the extra game in midweek, the upping from Saturday to Sunday makes zero sense whatsoever.

Let's just assume that it's a gradual build up just in case there is a spike. This would make zero sense whatsoever from Saturday to Sunday.

Something absolutely reeks. And the club should be seeking legal advice.

I'm sure most have seen it but GCC have offered an explanation. I think it flawed but not in the way most on here are, ranting about 8500 v 18,500 this Saturday.

After the return to Level 0 on 19 July it appears each stadium has been given a 'safe' attendance limit for the period up until the hoped for removal of restrictions on 9 August. Ibrox 'safe' limit was seemingly set at 17,000 and the DhimDome at 24,500. More on that later.

Once the limit was set each stadia had to build up, with 50% of the 'safe' limit allowed for the first Level 0 game, rising to 75% and then 100% in the games thereafter.

The Dhims first Level 0 game was last Tuesday, so 50% should have seen them get circa 12,000 in. Followed by 75% against West Ham (18,375) and then 24,500 at the game thereafter.

Our first Level 0 game is against Brighton. 50% of our 'safe' limit of 17,000 is 8500. Our next game (Real Madrid) should get 75%, or 12,750, followed by 17,000 at the game thereafter (Livi).

It could be argued that the Dhims should have been allowed more for the game against the Danes if the criteria above is true.:eek:

However, where our own argument should lie is not over the respective attendances this Saturday - they follow the pattern set out above - but on why the Ibrox 'safe' capacity is set at one third of normal capacity but the 'safe' capacity at the DhimDome is set at over 40% of their normal capacity.

Rangers were left seething after Glasgow council chiefs green-lighted Celtic’s request to welcome in 18,500 fans for their Saturday friendly – 10,000 more than Steven Gerrard’s champions have been allowed to host across the city just two hours later.

But local authority chiefs insist they are only following safety guidelines after ordering Gers to leave Ibrox more than three-quarters empty for their clash with Brighton while at the same time giving Celtic the thumbs up to stage the biggest crowd in Scotland since the start of the pandemic.

Gerrard’s squad are gearing up for a glamour double header against Graham Potter’s Premier League outfit on Saturday, with Carlo Ancelotti’s Real Madrid then visiting Govan the following day.

Gers announced earlier this week they would use the tune-up clashes to ramp up their preparations for the return to full houses.

The Brighton game - which kicks-off at 5.30pm - will be staged in front of 8,500 fans, with 12,500 lucky ballot winners then set to pile through the turnstiles for Sunday’s showdown with the Galacticos.

Rangers plan to increase the capacity further to 17,000 for their first league game of the new season against Livingston on July 31 before hopefully throwing the gates open and staging a 51,000 sell-out for their Champions League clash with Malmo or Helsinki on August 10 - they day after Scotland’s covid restrictions are due to be lifted.

But the news the Hoops will run out to a crowd of 18,500 fans for their 3pm warm-up match with West Ham on Saturday has left both Ibrox chiefs and fans alike stunned.

A well-placed Ibrox source told Record Sport : “The board are not happy about this at all.

“They simply cannot understand why Glasgow City Council are only allowing them to welcome in 8,500 fans to Ibrox when there will be double that at Parkhead for a game kicking-off two hours before. It just doesn’t make sense.”

However, council bosses say the discrepancy is down to the fact a graduated build-up for large scale events has been agreed with the Scotland’s Safety Advisory Group, which regulates attendances.

As Celtic hosted 9,000 fans for Tuesday’s European qualifier with Midtjylland, they can now increase the capacity for the Hammers showdown.

But because Rangers’ clash with Brighton is the first since Scotland moved to Level Zero conditions on Monday, they are only allowed to make use of around 50 per cent of Ibrox’s current 17,000 Covid-safety crowd limit - with the proportion jumping to 75 and then 100 per cent for the matches against Real and Livingston.

A spokesman for Glasgow City Council explained: “We really want to see events, including matches, back as close to normal as the regulations allow. It’s good for the economy and frankly it’s just good for people to be able to do the things they love doing.

“But in doing it safely, we’re stepping up how many people can be in stadiums match by match, starting at 50% of safe capacity, then 75%, then 100%. We think this gives the right balance and allows Glasgow’s clubs to start moving towards normality.”

While Rangers are upset by the approach, Celtic bosses have welcomed the decision which will see Parkhead beat the country’s previous pandemic crowd record of 16,500 for the British & Irish Lions rugby clash at Murrayfield last month.
Why don't Rangers allow the same amount in,what could happen,if they get pulled up then they have a strong case for taking them to task.

There is a terrible habit of turning on the people at the club on here. They're not to blame for this, in fact the job they have done in running the club has been first class. The rise in our fortunes prove this.

Unfortunately, we are caught up in nasty politics in this country and no matter how big we are as a club, its extremely hard to take on a govt. We have extremely poor politicians in this country, making decisions and the last thing we need is divide and conquer among ourselves.

Rangers have absolutely no political clout in this country, none whatsoever, in fact the name itself is like a bad word to many.

Over many years the tims have been portraying us as the sporting wing of the BNP and now it has spread to many people outwith Celtic.

Unless we get this lot voted out, then nothing will change, by all means believe in independence, but not under this poisonous party.

Its got more to do with the media than the SNP.

For years and years the club has sat back and allowed all and sundry to attack us with virtual impunity. Apart from the odd statement here and there we've done nothing.

Some seemed to think this would all change when we won the league. Not so. If anything its gotten worse.

In my opinion, shared on here numerous times, Rangers need to employ a full time professional researcher to gather evidence of the double standards, bias and lies. Lets see the facts. Expose the way these bigots and cowards fabricate and twist stories to damage our club and reputation. Name and shame them. Give them no where to hide.

I'm sure most have seen it but GCC have offered an explanation. I think it flawed but not in the way most on here are, ranting about 8500 v 18,500 this Saturday.

After the return to Level 0 on 19 July it appears each stadium has been given a 'safe' attendance limit for the period up until the hoped for removal of restrictions on 9 August. Ibrox 'safe' limit was seemingly set at 17,000 and the DhimDome at 24,500. More on that later.

Once the limit was set each stadia had to build up, with 50% of the 'safe' limit allowed for the first Level 0 game, rising to 75% and then 100% in the games thereafter.

The Dhims first Level 0 game was last Tuesday, so 50% should have seen them get circa 12,000 in. Followed by 75% against West Ham (18,375) and then 24,500 at the game thereafter.

Our first Level 0 game is against Brighton. 50% of our 'safe' limit of 17,000 is 8500. Our next game (Real Madrid) should get 75%, or 12,750, followed by 17,000 at the game thereafter (Livi).

It could be argued that the Dhims should have been allowed more for the game against the Danes if the criteria above is true.:eek:

However, where our own argument should lie is not over the respective attendances this Saturday - they follow the pattern set out above - but on why the Ibrox 'safe' capacity is set at one third of normal capacity but the 'safe' capacity at the DhimDome is set at over 40% of their normal capacity.

I think its obvious they have designed the criteria to suit their favoured outcome. Its hard to see how one stadium can have around double the number of spectators another one has in a game that takes place on the same day in the same city. The virus doesnt spread based on the number of spectators at previous games. The whole thing is made up garbage designed to screw us over.

Someone suggested Rangers should arrange a number of extra friendlies in the coming days. Great idea. Now we know the criteria lets use it to test their system.

Ach never mind any of that, just get ripped into Stewart Robertson.

I think its obvious they have designed the criteria to suit their favoured outcome. Its hard to see how one stadium can have around double the number of spectators another one has in a game that takes place on the same day in the same city. The virus doesnt spread based on the number of spectators at previous games. The whole thing is made up garbage designed to screw us over.

Someone suggested Rangers should arrange a number of extra friendlies in the coming days. Great idea. Now we know the criteria lets use it to test their system.
If we'd been smart enough we could have suggested the (now cancelled?) open day for training tomorrow as our first 'game'. If that had been our first 'game' (8500) , then it would have been 12,500 for Brighton and 17,000 for Real Madrid and Livi.

The real grievance here is the discrepancy in the 'safe' attendance figures.

If we'd been smart enough we could have suggested the (now cancelled?) open day for training tomorrow as our first 'game'. If that had been our first 'game' (8500) , then it would have been 12,500 for Brighton and 17,000 for Real Madrid and Livi.

They've assessed the safe attendance figures and as usual they come out on top. Its easy to do this when you start with the answer you want and work back the way. They've done what they always do and we'll do what we always do.

For me the solution now is to use their warped explanation for the safe percentages based on previous games. It doesnt make sense but who cares. Lets be clever and arrange some extra games. See how they respond to that.

Our "safe" capacity is set at 33.3% of full capacity. Theirs has seemingly been set at 40%. We deserve an explanation for the discrepancy.

Our "safe" capacity is set at 33.3% of full capacity. Theirs has seemingly been set at 40%. We deserve an explanation for the discrepancy.

Its been proved scientifically that the key feature for clubs in protecting fans from covid is their alphabetical order. Celtic get 40% and Rangers 33%. Our lawyers are looking at the possibility of applying for a name change but first they're compiling a dossier.

Its got more to do with the media than the SNP.

For years and years the club has sat back and allowed all and sundry to attack us with virtual impunity. Apart from the odd statement here and there we've done nothing.

Some seemed to think this would all change when we won the league. Not so. If anything its gotten worse.

In my opinion, shared on here numerous times, Rangers need to employ a full time professional researcher to gather evidence of the double standards, bias and lies. Lets see the facts. Expose the way these bigots and cowards fabricate and twist stories to damage our club and reputation. Name and shame them. Give them no where to hide.
We employ a full time PR expert, surely thats his job?

I dont think he'd have the time or the skills. Im talking about a dedicated professional researcher. Someone that can produce academic standard papers. Its not about opinions. Its got to be absolutely cast iron irrefutable proof.
This guy was head of PR for DUP so he must have some skills

Explanation is very clear. gcc hate Rangers. gcc love the scum.
Posted on other similar thread.
What do we expect with Susan aitken & Co?
I heard her on the radio this morning saying she is hoping for climate change protesters at the COP26 summit in November.
Let’s just give the mob rule brigade a free hit to riot.
She said “Glasgow has long been a city of protest”

So Susan. What will you say if 10k bears head to the city chambers to protest about this anti gers policy and bias?

Costs for bedding plants etc.

What a city we live in.

More people should take the time,like you have,and actually look at the reasoning behind these decisions.The Club imo are looking stupid kicking off,surely they must know what the stages are back to having a full stadium.
The Board has done so much right for which we will be forever grateful but sometimes they should look at the battles they choose to fight and make sure they are winnable.

Only in your twisted, self loathing, inferiority complex riddled brain.
My god, you surely are one sad, bitter individual. You're the one coming across as self loathing with an obvious inferiority complex. In fact, playing the victim because not everyone thinks the same as you, thankfully.
Enjoy your next hour seething and looking for a demonic inspired reply.

Why is our Covid safety crowd limit only 17,000 and who decided that?

That will be the best we get until they decide there are no more restrictions.

Its a joke. 17k is n
I get the odd bit of info from a Civil Servant who’s working on this ScoGov Safety Advisory Group. I only know him vaguely as he’s the son of my best friends mate - so it’s third hand effectively and I don’t contact him directly.

Seemingly they did go into a lot of detail when setting the limits, and the primary focus has been on entrances/exits, concourses, toilets and Hospitality areas. There’s quite a difference in the two limits (circa 6%) and my own guess is that our Main Stand might account for that. Lots of narrow stairwells, cramped concourses etc, and it accounts for a huge chunk of our overall capacity. Much less so than the Dhims equivalent. That’s just my guess though.

Been a long time since Ive been at the piggery, but iirc their concourses were dark and dingy like mini concourses, whereas in our three stands outwith main the concourse runs the full length. Lot more airy even in the mainstand, possibly not the enclosure only been in it once.

I dont think he'd have the time or the skills. Im talking about a dedicated professional researcher. Someone that can produce academic standard papers. Its not about opinions. Its got to be absolutely cast iron irrefutable proof.
I agree with that. You cant go in against papers without something concrete against them.

If it was as simple as that, they'd have been out of business years ago.

It's a legal minefield with the press and they always have their right to a free press, but they abuse it so much and play it right on the edge.

“They simply cannot understand why Glasgow City Council are only allowing them to welcome in 8,500 fans to Ibrox when there will be double that at Parkhead for a game kicking-off two hours before. It just doesn’t make sense.”

If you can't understand, you are showing startling levels of naivety. Glasgow City Council is a vipers nest of Rangers hating 19th Century Terrorist dhogs, it was ever thus!!!

The rancid filth were always going to be shown favour by that fucking vermin.

Latest posts

Back