Ajer signs for Brentford.

Even if they did get £13.5m their recruitment is more miss than hit remember they spent £4.5m on a keeper that can’t save a shot

If its undisclosed, it means its nowhere near the quoted figure of £13.5M.

That figure is likely the fee plus the totality of the add-ons. Likely pie in the sky stuff. What i will say though, is they ar worse without him. Look at the options they are left with at this point
Welsh
Red card Bitton
Julienne whenever he recovers from his ACL
Keep rollin' rollin' rollin' rawhide!

Goldson
Helander
Balogun
Katic
Simpson
Edmundson

They claimed they got £11mil for Frimpong when reports in Germany actually put the figure at £3.5mil.

We’ll find out when the accounts are released but I highly doubt they’ve got anywhere near £13mil for Ayer. That figure likely includes all sort of addons and his wages. They lie constantly about the fees they receive.

It's either that or somebody's telling big fat porkies.

A team from the premiership is buying one of their best players.

They'll get so much up front, so much every month and then so much in bonus payments.

This nonsense about wages etc is just made up crap from this forum.

A team from the premiership is buying one of their best players.

They'll get so much up front, so much every month and then so much in bonus payments.

This nonsense about wages etc is just made up crap from this forum.
Is it though?

There was a player a couple of weeks ago they claimed they bid 7mil for who joined another team for team for about 4mil just after

Only one time ever when they genuinely got a big fee up front they released the news to the stock exchange.

Why just that one time?

Be interesting to see Celtics accounts and they should be at least showing £26m for Ajer and Frimpong? I very much doubt we’ll see they figures tho.
Well, £11.5mil this next account release for Frimpong.

Ajer fee will be in the next accounts and muddied by any other sales in that period plus the make up of the deal (unlikely to be all upfront in one payment this time).

This is an interesting one.

We know that Brentford's moneyball approach to players means that they scout them extensively and place a huge amount of emphasis on statistics and data. The best example of which was signing Watkins for under 2 million and flogging him for over 30.

Someone in Brentford has spotting something that thinks he's good value for money to play in the most competitive league in Europe. It's easy to deride Brentford for this but when a club with cutting edge technology and huge success in their signing policy signing him just makes me feel that I'm missing something, particularly when I think about how horrendous a season he had.
Brentford have been scouting him since before he signed for the unwashed. They had some concerns about his physicality at the time (fair enough at 16 years old) so they must think it’s been addressed enough by their standards to make him a worthwhile signing.

I know I’ll get slaughtered for this but he isn’t a bad footballer player. I just don’t think he’s a good CB, he’d be better as a DM/CM (which is where he played before joining them). But I also don’t think he’s as good as he (or the barrier throwers) thinks he is.

I just simply don't believe a word that they say.

£7m for Frimpong
£8.5m for Ajer
£16.5 for Tierney

These are more believable figures, even then they're still a bit steep!
Tierney fee is known as a fact as correct.

Only one player was sold for a sizeable fee in that accounting period

The question is, why is that the only time they have released such news to the stock market?

I posted this a couple of days ago.

£13.5m is how the SMSM will spin it and technically they are not lying. But their accounts will show that the actual cash changing hands is nowhere near that.

It probably is worth £13m.

He will pen a 4 year deal at £2m a year. = £8.
They will save £2m on the rest of his contract =£10
They will get a couple of million for him=£12m
And his agent will trouser £1m

So technically it is a deal worth £13 million.

But it will be fun reading the Hotline or listening to the phones in when the frothing trogladytes start demanding that their board spend the 13.5m on players and the board can do no such thing because the cash is all paper talk.B-D:))
That’s the catch 22 for them , and I love it :D .

Brentford have been scouting him since before he signed for the unwashed. They had some concerns about his physicality at the time (fair enough at 16 years old) so they must think it’s been addressed enough by their standards to make him a worthwhile signing.

I know I’ll get slaughtered for this but he isn’t a bad footballer player. I just don’t think he’s a good CB, he’d be better as a DM/CM (which is where he played before joining them). But I also don’t think he’s as good as he (or the barrier throwers) thinks he is.
Second paragraph is fair i would say

Be interesting to see that conversion back to CM at a higher standard having not played there for years. Arguably the hardest position on the field and one in which it is easy to look stupid. Especially if you haven't been playing that role for years

Interesting. I had no idea he played midfield.

I don’t think he’s a bad player. Just stunned at how much Brentford are apparently paying.

in fairness he has a lot of attributes that teams look for in younger players....he's fast, tall and has good ball control.

he's pish at defending but brentford will hope that's something they can improve.

if they do then he'll be worth a lot more than 13.5m

Is it though?

There was a player a couple of weeks ago they claimed they bid 7mil for who joined another team for team for about 4mil just after

Only one time ever when they genuinely got a big fee up front they released the news to the stock exchange.

Why just that one time?

I'm not for one minute saying they don't exaggerate their fee.

But this stuff about wages being part of it is stupid.

This is an interesting one.

We know that Brentford's moneyball approach to players means that they scout them extensively and place a huge amount of emphasis on statistics and data. The best example of which was signing Watkins for under 2 million and flogging him for over 30.

Someone in Brentford has spotting something that thinks he's good value for money to play in the most competitive league in Europe. It's easy to deride Brentford for this but when a club with cutting edge technology and huge success in their signing policy signing him just makes me feel that I'm missing something, particularly when I think about how horrendous a season he had.

This. Has a lot of raw attributes like athleticism, physique and pace that should see him thrive in England but part of me still thinks they've been sold a donkey.

Its certainly a fall from the rumoured interest of £30m and AC Milan last summer.

I posted this a couple of days ago.

£13.5m is how the SMSM will spin it and technically they are not lying. But their accounts will show that the actual cash changing hands is nowhere near that.

It probably is worth £13m.

He will pen a 4 year deal at £2m a year. = £8.
They will save £2m on the rest of his contract =£10
They will get a couple of million for him=£12m
And his agent will trouser £1m

So technically it is a deal worth £13 million.

But it will be fun reading the Hotline or listening to the phones in when the frothing trogladytes start demanding that their board spend the 13.5m on players and the board can do no such thing because the cash is all paper talk.B-D:))
They aren’t just getting £2million for him ffs!

I agree £13.5 million is probably a push to, that’s probably the total value after x appearances and in the case of Brentford, probably a fee included if they stay up as well.

£13M is an excellent fee for someone in their last year and most likely Brentford have paid it to steal a march on the player they felt might draw more interest as the window progressed.

To them its buttons given what theyve raised in the last couple years and what theyll now make in the next few from EPL payments so they likely were happy to pay a little more than theyd like to get their man.

In some ways it may benefit Rangers given EPL clubs are being linked with a number of our players. If they want to sign them, top dollar required.

This. Has a lot of raw attributes like athleticism, physique and pace that should see him thrive in England but part of me still thinks they've been sold a donkey.

Its certainly a fall from the rumoured interest of £30m and AC Milan last summer.

I only watch as many Celtic games as we play against them (so five this year) so it's hard for me to determine whether he's actually any good.

I really think this is a head scratcher only because Brentford have signed him. I wouldn't think twice if he was going to Norwich or Watford but to see a guy whose biggest standout moment this year was a no-look backpass in a game in which his team were getting gubbed 3-1 sign for a team that place such emphasis on analytics and data (and with great success, too!) makes me wonder what I'm missing. Interesting they've been scouting him for a while.

Ajer for all that he is a big prick, he’s a good player, a regular for Norway and he’s transferred to the Premiership, why is it so hard to believe they got 13 mill for him? Brighton are punting a defender to Arsenal for 50 million, Leicester brought in 130 million for Harry Maguire and Ben Chilwell, Declan Rice is valued at 100 million, the list goes on.

13 million is not a lot of money down there.

Back