Kai Kennedy to Dunfermline on loan for season

You are missing the original point

Kai Kennedy has been highly rated for the past 2/3 years and picked by many as the next breakout star at Ibrox

In this time he has been loaned to ICT and raith rovers in which he struggled to get a game for both

He has now in his 3rd season on loan been sent to Dunfermline

A team that is on a par with the two he’s been at previously and not a step up in any sense

I find it hard to believe a player as apparently highly rated as Kennedy should be going to Dunfermline when you hear shouts he’s not far away from our first team
Glen Kamara couldn't get a game for Dundee before we signed him. What's your point?

I'm not sure I buy into this idea that going on loan to Dunfermline won't give him any chance to learn, improve & develop while there -

Sure it would be great if he was really tested at a bigger club with better opponents & with a higher standard of teammate around him

But then there would presumably be less chance of regularly starting or getting as many minutes game time

I can see the Pars having a relatively high pressure season while they make another push for outright promotion or play-off place -

Seems to me this is a good environment to be tested in & if you can't learn from that experience then I'm not sure being at a higher placed team who are fighting relegation is going to be a better experience or environment to learn in ?

Just my opinion - but I also suspect that if you're any good - you need to prove yourself whatever the task is - whether it's considered easier or not

Its strange with all the interest in him and his good performances last season that we could no secure him a loan at Premiership level but Williamson managed to get Livi maybe loaning him to Dunfermline is more nuanced than that and they perhaps will develop him in the way we are looking for .

Under Peter Grant!

Im not saying he will because obvs he wont, Im saying the opportunity to give him those is certainly there but it takes a bit of a rethink in terms of how you want to develop the player.

Rangers will surely have at least 3 ties in the domestic cups, so 6 games. At home to the likes of Ross County, Dundee, St Mirren, can we not afford to play someone like KK? Thatd be another 6 min. If he did well why not play him in others?

It wont happen of course but really playing for Dunfermline in the Scottish Championship wont move him forward an inch closer to being Rangers ready so whats the point?
Pick 6 starters, then 6 subs from
Davis Lundstrum Kamara
Kent Morelos Roofe
Jack Arfield Aribo
Wright Sakala Itten
Hagi Defoe Kelly
The above 15 are all ahead of Kennedy. Where will he play ? You're 2 0 at home to Ross County, who does SG pick to go on, Kennedy or Itten or Defoe or Wright ?
I have excluded Hastie, Barker, Jones and Middleton who've no future at Ibrox.

Can't understand it if we have turned down a seven figure bid just to send him to a second division side. He'll be on the final year of his deal after the loan, his pathway blocked to the first team and he seems to want away, i also don't think passing him around the championship does a whole lot of good for him either. For a club who need to start selling players but can't get the fees we want for the Morelos or Kamara's this doesn't make a lot of sense.

Pick 6 starters, then 6 subs from
Davis Lundstrum Kamara
Kent Morelos Roofe
Jack Arfield Aribo
Wright Sakala Itten
Hagi Defoe Kelly
The above 15 are all ahead of Kennedy. Where will he play ? You're 2 0 at home to Ross County, who does SG pick to go on, Kennedy or Itten or Defoe or Wright ?
I have excluded Hastie, Barker, Jones and Middleton who've no future at Ibrox.
100%

I'm not sure I buy into this idea that going on loan to Dunfermline won't give him any chance to learn, improve & develop while there -

Sure it would be great if he was really tested at a bigger club with better opponents & with a higher standard of teammate around him

But then there would presumably be less chance of regularly starting or getting as many minutes game time

I can see the Pars having a relatively high pressure season while they make another push for outright promotion or play-off place -

Seems to me this is a good environment to be tested in & if you can't learn from that experience then I'm not sure being at a higher placed team who are fighting relegation is going to be a better experience or environment to learn in ?

Just my opinion - but I also suspect that if you're any good - you need to prove yourself whatever the task is - whether it's considered easier or not
This all day long. Look at the b team it’s not about the level they play against it’s about playing real football that means more than youth games. We seem to send players either to managers/teams we trust or to ones that play football the way we want.

Would have liked to have seen him in top league, but a team looking to get promoted is next best thing.

Along with style of football and pitch etc as rangers have quoted I Would imagine Dunfermline have promised game time unlike a lot of the SPL teams would probably be able/willing to guarantee.
All the best to the lad go turn it on and come
Back ready to challenge in the first team

I have never even heard of a bid being knocked back but not saying it never happened

There has been 3 different figures in this thread already about how much it actually was

If we leave it long enough I’m sure that will change another few times again

I don’t see Kai Kennedy making it with us but i hope I am wrong

Hes 19 now and has spent last 2 seasons at ICT then raith rovers

He is now going to Dunfermline I would have expected a player of his ability to be stepping up in quality not staying where he was 2 years previously
1 season on loan .

You are missing the original point

Kai Kennedy has been highly rated for the past 2/3 years and picked by many as the next breakout star at Ibrox

In this time he has been loaned to ICT and raith rovers in which he struggled to get a game for both

He has now in his 3rd season on loan been sent to Dunfermline

A team that is on a par with the two he’s been at previously and not a step up in any sense

I find it hard to believe a player as apparently highly rated as Kennedy should be going to Dunfermline when you hear shouts he’s not far away from our first team
You talk nonsense the boy played every game he was available on loan .
Go check your info before expressing lies.

It's defacto method for youth development, which was outlined quite early by Wilson. They expect there just to be a very small handful of kids who can go straight into first team squad, and the players not making it go to develop with another club for a season. During that time there are regular checkups, dialogue, and assessments made by the club. It also makes our non first team squad still sellable assets.

Good luck to the lad.

Can't understand it if we have turned down a seven figure bid just to send him to a second division side. He'll be on the final year of his deal after the loan, his pathway blocked to the first team and he seems to want away, i also don't think passing him around the championship does a whole lot of good for him either. For a club who need to start selling players but can't get the fees we want for the Morelos or Kamara's this doesn't make a lot of sense.

sending the lad out for a full season again certainly doesn’t look good for his long term future

Exactly mate

We have a poster on here that has just tried to compare the rise of Maddison from Norwich to Leicester with Andy Robertson’s from Queen’s Park to Liverpool

Think that tells you everything you need to know

He also stated the rise of Andy Roberson happens regularly

Brilliant stuff

Who needs a comedy club
When you fall in a hole stop digging is usually a good place to start. You are going at it like a wee JCB

When you fall in a hole stop digging is usually a good place to start. You are going at it like a wee JCB

Double act?

If you think signing for the 3rd championship team in the last couple of years is a good move for a highly rated prospect at Rangers then fair enough

Not for me though

if the rumours are true about west ham bidding 1million they obviously see a player there
and if hes good enough for them why wouldnt he be good enough for us ?

I've already said he may be, but there's no question his progression and development has stalled, compared to the likes of Patterson and Williamson, for example.

He could still get back on track and hopefully he does.

As for the £1 million bid, I've not seen it confirmed anywhere.

I've already said he may be, but there's no question his progression and development has stalled, compared to the likes of Patterson and Williamson, for example.

As for the £1 million bid, I've not seen it confirmed anywhere.

His size and stature need taken into consideration. Scottish football is highly physical and intense. The more physical and fit you are, the easier it is to produce technically. Williamson and Patterson are physically imposing and very athletic for their age. Kennedy isnt. He needs to develop physically, before he can impose himself technically, first.

I know you werent writing him off, but football isnt simply "good player/bad player". The nuance is often missed. If Kai Kennedy is a star for Dunfermline in the championship at 19. He has every chance making it here.

As for the £1 million bid, I've not seen it confirmed

His size and stature need taken into consideration. Scottish football is highly physical and intense. The more physical and fit you are, the easier it is to produce technically. Williamson and Patterson are physically imposing and very athletic for their age. Kennedy isnt. He needs to develop physically, before he can impose himself technically, first.

I know you werent writing him off, but football isnt simply "good player/bad player". The nuance is often missed. If Kai Kennedy is a star for Dunfermline in the championship at 19. He has every chance making it here.
Your man says nothing good of any other youth other than Paterson.
How are you dad

Your man says nothing good of any other youth other than Paterson.
How are you dad
What a load of shite

Williamson and King both deservedly got new long term contracts recently.

There's plenty of exciting talent coming through at Ibrox
The fact Patterson is already a full Scottish internationalist and already a regular in the 1st team squad would suggest he's maybe the most exciting we've got at the moment though, eh?

You'd need to be pretty thick not to see that.

Can you see it? B-)

I agree 100%.

Surely it’s exactly the opposite? We turned down the money because we think he has a future at the club & has been sent to Dunfermline to progress & get game time.

Not much to understand really.

I have never even heard of a bid being knocked back but not saying it never happened

There has been 3 different figures in this thread already about how much it actually was

If we leave it long enough I’m sure that will change another few times again

I don’t see Kai Kennedy making it with us but i hope I am wrong

Hes 19 now and has spent last 2 seasons at ICT then raith rovers

He is now going to Dunfermline I would have expected a player of his ability to be stepping up in quality not staying where he was 2 years previously
No point in him not playing regularly or playing in a team that’s defending most of the time or trying not to lose...how will that prepare a young forward for Rangers? I imagine our manager and back room team, his agent and Kai himself see the merits in this option. That’ll do for me for now.

We have to assume there was little interest from SPFL clubs and therefore Dunfermline was the best option. It's a side step rather than a step up but he's got one season under his belt in the championship so he should be better prepared. I think the club will want and expect to see more from him this season though, any lack of progression will likely see him moved aside for the next big thing.

No point in him not playing regularly or playing in a team that’s defending most of the time or trying not to lose...how will that prepare a young forward for Rangers? I imagine our manager and back room team, his agent and Kai himself see the merits in this option. That’ll do for me for now.

Exactly

Now he’s at Dunfermline

Thanks for agreeing

If this lad is as good as he’s made out to be, I’d have hoped he’d play a few times for our first team this season. Or went on loan to better than them

This is a good move for him as the new owners will be pushing for promotion straight away with them and will be investing more to make that happen this season so there’s a good chance he will be in an environment where he will be challenging for a title which will be great for his development

As for those writing him off at 19 and saying he shouldn’t be getting loaned out and he won’t make it if not already in the first team is just mental , it’s now standard practice for all big clubs throughout Europe now where the vast majority of young players get loaned out or sold at this age then re bought the young players bursting into first teams and running show are the exception it very rarely happens in modern football now

Surely it’s exactly the opposite? We turned down the money because we think he has a future at the club & has been sent to Dunfermline to progress & get game time.

Not much to understand really.
I don't see how anyone can think he has a future at the club, it's not even a knock on the player. The position he plays has Kent, Aribo, Wright, Hagi, Sakala, Roofe and Itten as options ahead of him. He will also only have a year left on his deal after his loan, it wasn't easy getting him to sign his current deal, him being no closer to the first team will make it harder to keep him even if those at the club do rate him. McPake has been able to get moves to League 2 and now League 1 down in England but we're sticking Kennedy in the Scottish Championship for his 3rd straight loan.

That's another factor in why I think this is the wrong move for him. This is his 2nd season in the Championship and his third club there. He'll probably need to stand out and be a star for Dunfermline to be in with any chance of staking a claim for a full time first team squad place.

And that is why I earlier said I believed that going to a Premiership club even if it meant playing less games, in the actual league that matters and gaining that experience at the higher level, would've been more beneficial. Just my opinion.

Ps. There's a January recall option for us. The greedy part of me hopes he tears it up with Dunfermline until the turn of the year and is recalled by us and sent back out to a Premiership club.

We are also talking about a Kai Kennedy here that played with raith and ict the past two seasons and struggled to get a game

Except he didn't struggle, either on the pitch or to get a game. He made a difference for Caley Thistle and they didn't want to lose him in January. He was only out of the Raith side towards the end of the season due to injury.

I actually think that with Peter Grant there as manager, as he will invariably be in and around the usual bbc / Clyde phone ins and shows that this will help stir up a bit more of a buzz about this boy.
That is of course if Pete the pointer isn’t fired before Halloween!!

If you read the Rangers statement about the loan they mention that the playing style and quality grass pitch are why he’s been sent there

strange that Ben Williamson has been allowed to go to Livi in that case

Back