Ajer signs for Brentford.

Whatever the Tims falsely report in the press is of no real concern to us, so no need to get our knickers in a twist over it, we all know the figures will have been massaged as that is what they do. Joe Black and a few others like Keiran Maguire will already be counting the days off their calendar so they can explain their next accounts to them anyway, and they then realise that things are not as rosy as they think.

Ajer is a big soft poser who will very likely get found out when he comes up against real quality next year. He will be remembered up here for ducking out the way of shots, no look back passes, and celebrating throw ins.

Their transfers in have been honking for years and that does not look like changing anytime soon, so don’t sweat it Bears. We are on the up, they are on a downward spiral, so things are all good.

Ajer was their best defender which shows how honking their back line was last year.

They have to bring in an entire new back 4 and, considering how bad their transfers have been recently, it’ll be a surprise if they get it right.

I’ve never claimed to know that

I’m just pointing out they routinely put false values out in the press. Which you denied.

And I guess with that moving of the goalpost in the quoted posts here that’s as close as we will get to you admitting you were wrong.
Show me where I've denied they put out false values to the press and I'll concede. If you read my posts I've said I can't understand some posters make up and constant denial of fees. Maybe it's because we have never actually been in the position of realising substantial fees.
Once again I ask what's the purpose of fabricating transfer fees upwards.?

But yet they will expect that reinvested.....
They inflate both ways. They supposedly put a £7m bid in for a player a couple of weeks ago who was sold a few days later for €4m and €1.4m per year wages. The selling club either decided to lose £3.5m or Celtic had offered under €4m and added his wages onto the figure they leaked to the press.

Tbf, they've always underspent massively if you believe the reported fees. They bought eduard for 9 million quid (supposedly) off the back of wanyama, van dijk, dembele money and more. Supposedly 60 million spent plus, and they spend less than a sixth on one player.
They have to use some of that for the big salaries the pl are on.

I remember everyone on this forum saying that Van Dijk was a donkey and no way they got £11 million for him from Southampton.

Not saying Ajer is anywhere close to his level but I don’t think the fee will be as low as as some fans on this thread want to believe. The good news is that it weakens them and the money won’t be getting reinvested.

Im sure the plooky fee was paid up front from Arsenal as well as sickening as that is. I can remember someone posted their accounts from that season and the £25 mil was there for everyone to see unfortunately.

'' He'S gAwN fUr 13 miLliOn ''

* transfer goes through *

So how much did he go for?

'' ErRr UnDisClOsEd ''

Just like everything else at your club then.

Is that your best educated? contribution to a thread about transfer fees?
Narrow minded, lack of awareness or just plain stupid. The choice is yours.
you call people stupid which is pretty much the level of most of your replies, yet happily vote the country into oblivion with no clue about the future. Based on that it was just a bit of friendly advice.

Good. He was Celtic’s only decent centre back over the past two seasons and there’s no guarantee they’ll bring in someone of his quality.

Now they’re left with makeshift guys like Bitton or young boys who aren’t good enough.

So the poster who said he was talking to the Brentford chairman/Director the other day and that he had never heard of Ajer nevermind buying him was bullsh*t?

I never saw that coming. Why do folk feel the need to make stuff like that up. For internet kudos.:rolleyes:

Sad twat.

There are posters on here who claimed the t@rrier Dembele was sold for a loss (bought for £500k and turned for £18mllion or something). Just for some context to the utter shite people will spout. I can't imagine trying to be a Rangers version of a daft t@arrier bastard but some folk manage it.

you call people stupid which is pretty much the level of most of your replies, yet happily vote the country into oblivion with no clue about the future. Based on that it was just a bit of friendly advice.
I didnt call anyone stupid, it was one of your choices. Sorry I made it too difficult.
I never tell anyone who I vote for, it's none of their business.
As an aside, does any political party have a clue about the future or do you blindly follow and believe their manifesto?

I'm not sure of the logic at play here if the Tims inflate selling prices surely that only puts them under pressure with their own support (who aren't happy) to spend more?
I’ve thought the same but I think they also inflate the price they pay for players.
Taylor was rumored to be 3. million, then when he was pish it dropped to 2 million
3 million for Kamala? No way,

Good. He was Celtic’s only decent centre back over the past two seasons and there’s no guarantee they’ll bring in someone of his quality.

Now they’re left with makeshift guys like Bitton or young boys who aren’t good enough.
The new lad theyve just signed,Starfelt , , seems a decent player
With that name though I think his maw worked on stage at some point lol

A team from the premiership is buying one of their best players.

They'll get so much up front, so much every month and then so much in bonus payments.

This nonsense about wages etc is just made up crap from this forum.
Hire purchase agreement?

Brentford have done exceptionally well working in the model they have, no doubt about that . While Ajer has some attributes, Brentford don't always get things 100% right in the transfer market . Time will tell , I suppose .

Show me where I've denied they put out false values to the press and I'll concede. If you read my posts I've said I can't understand some posters make up and constant denial of fees. Maybe it's because we have never actually been in the position of realising substantial fees.
Once again I ask what's the purpose of fabricating transfer fees upwards.?
To keep up the pretence that Celtic buy young players and develop them
Into superstars

I remember everyone on this forum saying that Van Dijk was a donkey and no way they got £11 million for him from Southampton.

Not saying Ajer is anywhere close to his level but I don’t think the fee will be as low as as some fans on this thread want to believe. The good news is that it weakens them and the money won’t be getting reinvested.

Im sure the plooky fee was paid up front from Arsenal as well as sickening as that is. I can remember someone posted their accounts from that season and the £25 mil was there for everyone to see unfortunately.

He's a decent player who I think will hold his own down there. I think hel move on after 1 year with them to a mid table side .

Yeah now he's only injured 60% of games rather than 75.

took part in 43 out of 49 arsenal matches last season - 87 percent;)
ranks 6th for most minutes on the park for Arsenal last season .

i get that he used to play for them, so we should automatically hate him right?

See there’s another weird one.

When was Dembele reportedly sold for £20mil (minus a few hundred k maybe)?

Because the 19/20 figure we know is Tierney fee as reported to the stock exchange. Now the 2 years previous, none of the fees amount to 19.5-20mil. So if Dembele was sold for 19.7 in instalments then we should see in the 19/20accounts the Tierney fee plus a bit? This looks like evidence that the Dembele fee is also bs.

What am I missing there?

Were Dembele and his agent not entitled to a significant share of the transfer fee?

Not sure if Lyon would address that out of the gross, or not. Only thing I can think of. One way or another, their board not me from player sales has been huge in the past couple of accounting periods, they’d have been fućked without it.

Trying to think who our best bit of business - re profit at point of sale - has been in the last decade, would it be Declan John?

took part in 43 out of 49 arsenal matches last season - 87 percent;)
ranks 6th for most minutes on the park for Arsenal last season .

i get that he used to play for them, so we should automatically hate him right?

We could just multitask; hate him for being a Tím, accept that he’s a good player and want him to leave Arsenal on a free transfer.

So.. You're unable to show me. Thought so.
Show you what. You contradictEd yourself in your opening lines. Your post makes no sense.

Thought so. ;)

I’m starting to get embarrassed for you here.

You can’t understand the simple difference between the number agreed in any contract between the clubs and the numbers presented in the press. Until you can understand that basic idea, no one can help you or “show you”.

Were Dembele and his agent not entitled to a significant share of the transfer fee?

Not sure if Lyon would address that out of the gross, or not. Only thing I can think of. One way or another, their board not me from player sales has been huge in the past couple of accounting periods, they’d have been fućked without it.

Trying to think who our best bit of business - re profit at point of sale - has been in the last decade, would it be Declan John?
Yes, fully agree, they’ve done some excellent business.

Just find it hilarious that it is so easy to prove that, Tierney aside, none of it is as good as they allow the media to pretend.

It is quite clear from their accounts that Dembele never went for 20mil. Unless they paid clubs to take Armstrong and Sviatchenko. Also, looks like Armstrong wasn’t 7mil.

Celtic letter to stock exchange "£25 mil" received for Tierney in a single payment:

So all of the at £24.2 in 2019/20 accounts is Tierney.

in 18/19 Celtic sold:
Sviatchenko for £1mil
Armstrong for £7mil
Dembele for £19.7mil

Or ~ £27.7mil. Yet Virgil Hits post demonstrates they receieved just £17.7mil or 10mil less than claimed.

Now, this may be structured you say?

But none of the money was received in the following years accounts?

But yeh, the values popularly bandied around by the press are 100% accurate and believable.

For those who get upset when we point out the numbers in the press are bs. Thats all we're saying. They have a history of massaging the numbers that is easily verifiable.
@Yosser it’s here in their accounts when compared to what they allow to be promoted in the press.

If you choose to ignore it when it’s here in black and white, that’s up to you.

Last edited:
I didnt call anyone stupid, it was one of your choices. Sorry I made it too difficult.
As an aside, does any political party have a clue about the future or do you blindly follow and believe their manifesto?
Pretty much every topic I’ve seen you post in turns into some sort of mud slinging match. Give it a rest.

Your low level trolling makes it obvious, as does almost every one of your posts. not answering a single question but posting a smart arsed reply then scurrying off, makes it obvious. As I said, the only time I’ve ever read unionists being called subservient is on KDS. Yet you posted it on another thread. You’re a troll.

I don't understand the hysteria about fee's - one thing I will tell you is they have made a profit on him as they paid 500k so its good business if they are shouting 13.5m upfront / 13.5m total deal does it really matter?

Ajer has attributes Tall / quick / decent on the ball - however he also has some glaring flaws (not great in the air / rash in the tackle / Bombs forward when he should sit - if they can resolve those flaws he will probably turn out to be a decent signing for them and may well be sold to another EPL club at a tidy profit.

Brentford i am sure most who know anything about them - would know there recruitment in recent times has been excellent and they HEAVILY use data analytics so you have got to assume they have done there homework.

The fee is undisclosed with them making no official comment on the value of the deal or any announcement to the SE. The press are reporting a value, presumably from unattributed sources, of £13.5m.

A game is being played here with there support to convince them of the ongoing success of their business model.

Your low level trolling makes it obvious, as does almost every one of your posts. not answering a single question but posting a smart arsed reply then scurrying off, makes it obvious. As I said, the only time I’ve ever read unionists being called subservient is on KDS. Yet you posted it on another thread. You’re a troll.
But... Look over your own replies. They haven't answered any of my questions and there's a few smart arsed replies. I've read Subservient on here and actually have only been on KDS a handful of times. So, wrong.

Back